• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January & Beyond Transfer Rumour Thread

What the club has achieved this season under such trying circumstances is nothing short of a miracle. this group of players are truly a band of brothers ,they are an inspiration to everyone on what can be achieved through togetherness. When was the last time Southend had such a band of brothers whose will and fighting spirit and never give up passion shone like theres. If we were to look at loanees i think they would be strikers ,thats where we need. But i dont think any more incomings will happen until the off season, What league do i believe wew will be playing in next season, As long as there still is an SUFC , THE LEAGUE WE ARE IN NOW .

Personally I dont think it would do anything to dampen morale, especially if matters are resolved in line with Rons bonus quotes. In addition morale is very as high as it stands, and I dont see Kev and co letting it slip. Someone coming in to boost performance and back up the squad, especially if significantly injury hit ,or just labouring, tends not to reduce morale, quite the opposite.

One good loanee can make a huge difference to performance of a team as has been proven elsewhere. I would imagine the 3 Amigos would have the confidence issue in their minds whilst no doubt eager to bolster the squad for the final push
What are we paying these loan signings with shirt buttons?
You seem to think as Ron has saved us its business as usual. We can start signing players. That £5m loan is used to pay off the HMRC, other historic loans, associated company loans, player and staff wages. Plus how are we going to pay the next HNRC debt, staff and players wages for the rest of the season? We still need to pay that £5m loan off as well.
Its deluded that we can think about signing players. We should just apreciate we are still here!

There was zero fee paid upfront, so doesn’t really relate.
That's the thing isn't it? To some it might look like the club is paying transfer fees/signing on fees/agent fees before paying staff but the reality is that some of these fees are set up to paid in installments, and most are yet to be paid full stop.

That's the thing isn't it? To some it might look like the club is paying transfer fees/signing on fees/agent fees before paying staff but the reality is that some of these fees are set up to paid in installments, and most are yet to be paid full stop.

Exactly.

I don’t remember too many people moaning that we brought Lopata in in the first place to be honest, however transfer fees are paid across the duration of a players contract. Same with the signing on fees and agent fees.

These will be paid at set intervals/agreed dates/number of appearances or whatever the two clubs, and then the player (for their bonus/signing on fee) agree.

It would look bad if we removed the embargo and paid everything/everyone tomorrow, and Thursday we sign someone for an “undisclosed” fee. However, the reality is we wouldn’t be paying anything upfront.

Once the embargo is lifted, I fully expect to see some players through the door, albeit on loan, but as with the likes of Blondy, we won’t be paying anything towards their wages.

Brentford, Forest & Everton are ready to send us players, with them covering the fees, as soon as possible. Now, whether Kev/Currie/Benno want those is another story altogether.

Even the instalments have probably not been paid.

Exactly.

I don’t remember too many people moaning that we brought Lopata in in the first place to be honest, however transfer fees are paid across the duration of a players contract. Same with the signing on fees and agent fees.

These will be paid at set intervals/agreed dates/number of appearances or whatever the two clubs, and then the player (for their bonus/signing on fee) agree.

It would look bad if we removed the embargo and paid everything/everyone tomorrow, and Thursday we sign someone for an “undisclosed” fee. However, the reality is we wouldn’t be paying anything upfront.

Once the embargo is lifted, I fully expect to see some players through the door, albeit on loan, but as with the likes of Blondy, we won’t be paying anything towards their wages.

Brentford, Forest & Everton are ready to send us players, with them covering the fees, as soon as possible. Now, whether Kev/Currie/Benno want those is another story altogether.
Dont tell Loan shark Linda !!

What are we paying these loan signings with shirt buttons?
You seem to think as Ron has saved us its business as usual. We can start signing players. That £5m loan is used to pay off the HMRC, other historic loans, associated company loans, player and staff wages. Plus how are we going to pay the next HNRC debt, staff and players wages for the rest of the season? We still need to pay that £5m loan off as well.
Its deluded that we can think about signing players. We should just apreciate we are still here!

We won’t be paying them a penny.

Yes, we will have to factor in “expenses” like additional train tickets or hotel rooms if we take that option for some away days, but we certainly won’t be paying anything towards their wages.

I know this is going off at a slight tangent (if it is possible to have a "slight" tangent) but ...........

........... does anyone else think that the idea that players "moving" (or playing if you prefer) to another team in the football pyramid without there being any significant financial effect on the "receiving" club seems to be adding a further distortion to the already warped loan system?

Great if you are on the receiving end but what if your club is down the bottom & the opposition team get a loan player in & is instrumental in the game? We struggled for much of last season & thankfully pulled away - I have the greatest sympathy for the clubs & fans down in the bottom third.

As for us, what if another top 7 team suddenly brings in 2 or 3 loan players just at the end of the season & we are drawn against them in the play-offs? Could that happen? That might tip the balance in their favour and at our expense.

Last edited:
I know this is going off at a slight tangent (if it is possible to have a "slght" tangent) but ...........

........... does anyone else think that the idea that players "moving" (or playing if you prefer) to another team in the football pyramid without there being any significant financial effect on the "receiving" club seems to be adding a further distortion to the already warped loan system?

Great if you are on the receiving end but what if your club is down the bottom & the opposition team get a loan player in & is instrumental in the game? We struggled for much of last season & thankfully pulled away - I have the greatest sympathy for the clubs & fans down in the bottom third.

As for us, what if another top 7 team suddenly brings in 2 or 3 loan players just at the end of the season & we are drawn against them in the play-offs? Could that happen? That might tip the balance in their favour and at our expense.

The entire marketplace of football is broken, from big/rich clubs hoovering up talent cheaply that is not developed and required loaning out to smaller clubs to develop that don’t see a penny of it when sold, loaning players making and breaking other club’s seasons.

Though I’m sure it balances it self over time

My mate just said he thought Justham was behind him in the east stand. Any one else see him at Roots Hall last night?

My mate just said he thought Justham was behind him in the east stand. Any one else see him at Roots Hall last night?

Londonshrimper, who seems to have had knowledge of the Justham situation since Arnold first got injured, did tweet to suggest that he was there last night.

If we manage to exit the embargo (must be close now), then the Lopata wage saving won’t be insignificant.

If we send Hyde back too then surely we could aim to sign a couple of strikers on loan at least.

I trust the football department to find the right ones - Dackers would have been just fine.

We need a couple of reinforcements and I think we’ll see them soon.

Back