• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

Isn't it interesting that two loanees with loved last season have such a similar history/troubled young careers... (I know Lopata is Ron's fault, but why did he force his way out of Sheff in the first place...)

See Derby FC vs the Brunts.

Many academy players move around clubs, it's normal. He's only 21 FFS and that article, much of which has been fabricated by the press, was from 6 years ago. Clubs don't always act in the best interests of their youngsters and treat them like cattle. Sheff Utd are one of those clubs and I know about many incidences which you'd be disgusted about. Fair play to any father looking out for their kids in football because its a difficult world for many. Seriously don't believe everything you read.

Kacper forced his way out of Sheff Utd with very good reasons to do so.

Last edited:
Blimey some of the comments on here portray Lopata as some kind of walking devil 😈

Personally when he came back I thought he was our best signing for years, I was completely shocked he agreed to sign for a non league team. I admit he hasn't shone quite the way he did on loan last season but he would still have been in the 1st 3 names on my team sheet every week.

In simple terms if RM hadn't broken all his promises and paid his players and staff on time Lopata wouldn't have been able to execute the non payment clause and would have been here till the end of the season at least.

Only one person to blame for all this mess from relegation from the football league to sheer embarrassment as a football club and yet he still thinks he has respect and the best interests of SUFC at heart. The man is egotistic, despicable, deceitful and delusional and unfortunately our Chairman 🤬

Last edited:
I haven’t been online for a good few days and this has reached 26 pages. Jesus h Christ

He’s under 24 so the suggestion is compensation would be due..
Don’t think so, as we broke the terms of his contract, he’s a free agent and free to sign (although not yet play) for any club (subject to our appeal). In a similar situation a few years back, O’Keefe did the same and no fee was received then.

Sorry I don’t think you will, we are slowly pulling away from the bottom 2/3 the new manager, assistant manager, goalkeeper coach and 1st team analyst are all in place now so it should settle down from the loss of the previous staff soon.
We’ll meet again, don’t know where, don’t know when…. Looking forward to that sunny day!

Last edited:
KL is a good player who has exercised his right to move on. It is his decision and I presume he feels his career is better served elsewhere. Good luck to him and I wish him well. My view echoes that of Maher. If he don't want to be here I don't want him here. My final thought on the matter is that however good he becomes, he will not be as important as SUFC.

KL is a good player who has exercised his right to move on. It is his decision and I presume he feels his career is better served elsewhere. Good luck to him and I wish him well. My view echoes that of Maher. If he don't want to be here I don't want him here. My final thought on the matter is that however good he becomes, he will not be as important as SUFC.
Timing and reputation are important considerations imo
RM has no problem with his reputation as it is sh*t anyway, but why o why would anyone damage there own status for the sake of 2 more months and then being able to transfer out normally! The same applied to Elvis imo just damages their own professional reputation, in a short career could be catastrophic ,whilst their agents largely carry no consequences..

Don’t think so, as we broke the terms of his contract, he’s a free agent and free to sign (although not yet play) for any club (subject to our appeal). In a similar situation a few years back, O’Keefe did the same and no fee was received then.
Yes of course subject to the appeal process

If Ron paid the players then he would still be here.
He’s the only person at the club with the balls to stick up for himself and say boll*cks to you ron I ain’t taking this. Remember there is only 1 man to blame for all this mess.! #martinout
Quite right. Martin must be delighted at how successful his apologists and dupes have been in deflecting the blame for this fiasco on to the player rather than his own monumental incompetence.

Maybe we could have a whip round for Sheffield Utd. Must be hard being 2nd in the Championship, with the prospect of a couple of hundred million and Prem football

They demands 40% and we are skint. Crikey!! Shows how warped football is

Funnily enough I heard on the radio over the weekend that Sheff. Utd. are not in a great place themselves financially and are desperate to win promotion to the Prem & its riches to sort themselves out..

Another thing to clear up, as people keep bringing it up, but this situation is completely different to Elvis’s situation when he left the football club.

We never breached Elvis’s contract (at least he didn’t go down the same route as Lopata). His contract expired, but as he was under the age of 24, and we matched his previous contract offer (We actually offered him £1 more to meet the requirement) we were entitled to compensation if he moved to another Club in this country.

Not sure if we will be due compensation as and when Lopata signs for another Club. But the two situations are completely different.

So ... Speaking of Sheffield United ... (Sorry if this has been mentioned before) They will be well within their right to file some sort of claim against us. On the grounds that we have signed one of their players on the grounds of a sell on fee and then we have broken that contract.

This isn't as simple as "we let him go on a free" which happens all the time and then tough luck. We are talking about a Polish international that would have 100% made both clubs money and we have broken a legal contract.

Sheffield United could 100% take us to a tribunal if they wanted to.

Would it hold any water? No idea. But questions will get asked. Especially when his next club sells him for 7 figures and he plays for the national first team.

Mods ????? Admin ????? Not locked yet ? Slow news days ? Or are we hoping to hit 100 pages of this Tom foolery.

Back