• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

That is strange if the team was better with him How comes when he was injured the team still won .We lost against Notts because they are a much stronger team then we have .And even with kl in that side we would still have lost .
We can discuss who the best CB grouping is but here's the stark reality:

1) On his day, KL could easily play at a much higher level. He's young, has tremendous upside and, therefore, is very much someone of value. Because of financial negligence by the chairman and his reportedly flippant/careless methods of dealing with his employees, we now won't see a penny of that.
2) We are coming into a brutal stretch of the season where squad depth could be the difference between the playoffs and midtable. We've now lost a layer of that coverage.
3) Linked to the above, we are under an embargo so can't replace him even if we wanted to.
4) By all accounts, he was a well thought of member of the playing staff, so this is hardly going to be a morale-boost for the rest of the lads.
5) This story is getting media traction and makes this club look like an even bigger crock of s**t in the national spotlight. That's hardly going to help Kev and the management team sell the "dream" to players in the future.

In summary, there is NO positive way you can spin this. I'd absolutely love our biggest concern to be over the best starting 11, but there are much bigger threats on the horizon. Discharging the latest HMRC debt is the equivalent of an Elastoplast over a dam that's about to burst...

Last edited:

1) On his day, KL could easily play at a much higher level. He's young, has tremendous upside and, therefore, is very much someone with value. Because of financial negligence by the chairman and his reportedly flippant/careless methods of dealing with his employees, we now won't see a penny of that.
2) We are coming into a brutal stretch of the season where squad depth could be the difference between the playoffs and midtable. We've now lost a layer of that coverage.
3) Linked to the above, we are under an embargo so can't replace him even if we wanted to.
4) By all accounts, he was a well thought of member of the playing staff, so this is hardly going to be a morale-boost for the rest of the lads.
5) This story is getting media traction and makes this club look like an even bigger crock of s**t in the national spotlight. That's hardly going to help Kev and the management team sell the "dream" to players in the future.

In summary, there is NO positive way you can spin this. I'd absolutely love our biggest concern to be over the best starting 11, but there are much bigger threats on the horizon. Discharging the latest HMRC debt is the equivalent of an Elastoplast over a dam that's about to burst...
Lomas will show why he was part of a strong back 3 at Brackley, as they don’t give away much last season. He will have more chance of playing at higher level that Lopata, that is an fact.

Lomas will show why he was part of a strong back 3 at Brackley, as they don’t give away much last season. He will have more chance of playing at higher level that Lopata, that is an fact.
I like Lomas but you've literally not read/comprehended/absorbed a word that I've said about the situation. I'd be delighted if Lopata leaving simply meant the next in a long line of classy CB's got their chance to impress, but it's not.

1) On his day, KL could easily play at a much higher level. He's young, has tremendous upside and, therefore, is very much someone with value. Because of financial negligence by the chairman and his reportedly flippant/careless methods of dealing with his employees, we now won't see a penny of that.

The positive is that this is just about the position we could afford the most (and we can’t afford much as a club) but yeah otherwise exactly that.

@Cricko made a good point earlier about the spine. Arnold, Łopata, Miley, Cardwell should have been our spine. You can cover the absence of one of them, sometimes even two of them but without three of them it’s really difficult.

Without him we’re weaker physically, organisationally and there’s a potential knock on for confidence as well. This has the potential to completely torpedo things.

So maybe he should have chose a club higher up The bigger point is we win as ateam we lose as a team .KL is not the team .And kevin was quite right to send he home So he doesnt play for us now so whats the big deal We have other options in that postion
Agreed Maher was indeed correct to send him home as team morale is important , that is what I’d expect off a man in Kev’s position .
However the point I’ve been trying to make is that RM is dicing with the future of this club by ****ing off the players in more than one way .
I stand by my statement that the loan player has not received his wages albeit knowing they have been paid by the club he is loaned too .
Stan has done a tremendous job of building relations and trust within the football community only for this type of behaviour to occur, which casts doubt over the whole integrity of the club
I get we are skint and I get that we are in trouble but what I’m pointing out is don’t blame the players for wanting to leave when they have been treated in this manner .

The football community talk , these are just a number of stories coming out of the club , to quote a certain individual within the club ‘ you couldnt make up some of the stuff that’s gone on ……you could write a book ‘

Is there any possibility that we will owe Sheff Utd as he has been able to terminated his contract. I assume that they will have had a clause in his transfer to us enabling them to take a percentage of any sell on fee. As we have broken his contract and he has been able to walk they will presumably not get anything, so will we have to compensate Sheff Utd?

Is there any possibility that we will owe Sheff Utd as he has been able to terminated his contract. I assume that they will have had a clause in his transfer to us enabling them to take a percentage of any sell on fee. As we have broken his contract and he has been able to walk they will presumably not get anything, so will we have to compensate Sheff Utd?
I did hear Sheff Utd had a 40% sell on clause. Whether that is true i can't say or where that leaves us as club in all these shenanigans is anybody's guess.

I did hear Sheff Utd had a 40% sell on clause. Whether that is true i can't say or where that leaves us as club in all these shenanigans is anybody's guess.
If that is correct, and I think there is a high probability that it is given how good a player he is, then Sheff Utd will almost certainly be looking for compensation.

I think we have to be measured with our thinking and not make what's ahead all about the loss of Kacper. With or without him, its the embargo that's costing us.

We have 13 games remaining and currently sit 2 points out of the play off places. Of those 13 games, our next 3 are against play off rivals, all of whom have strong squads. Whilst in comparison, we have one match fit keeper (on loan for a month), one match fit striker (Sandat) who is a 17 year old kid learning the hard way, 3 fit centre backs to pick from when we play 3 at the back, and a winger (Powell) who's currently off form.

We have to be realistic and say we could be far adrift from the play off places after the coming period of matches, and without reinforcements, we're going to struggle to get points. Yes we may have injured players back on the training pitch, but they all have a terrible history of gaining reoccurring injuries.

Kev is picking a side with a serious lack of depth, and until this is addressed, we can forget any chance of the play offs.

The embargo is killing us.... YET AGAIN, and only one man is responsible for that!!

Last edited:
I think the only answer to that is we simply don't know at this stage.

I think we have to be measured with our thinking and not make what's ahead all about the loss of Kacper. With or without him, its the embargo that's costing us.

We have 13 games remaining and currently sit 2 points out of the play off places. Of those 13 games, our next 3 are against play off rivals, all of whom have strong squads. Whilst in comparison, we have one match fit keeper (on loan for less than a week), one match fit striker (Sandat) who is a 17 year old kid learning the hard way, 3 fit centre backs to pick from when we play 3 at the back, and a winger (Powell) who's currently off form.

We have to be realistic and say we could be far adrift from the play off places after the coming period of matches, and without reinforcements, we're going to struggle to get points. Yes we may have injured players back on the training pitch, but they all have a terrible history of gaining reoccurring injuries.

Kev is picking a side with a serious lack of depth, and until this is addressed, we can forget any chance of the play offs.

The embargo is killing us.... YET AGAIN, and only one man is responsible for that!!

Blondy is here for another month.

Blondy is here for another month.

He doesn't seem to remember losing to Barnet on Friday ? Just to Notts County a couple of weeks ago. At least he doesn't sound like hes itching to get away from our club.

Interesting points about the Sheffield sell-on clause…

If “sell-on” literally means sell-on and the fact is that’s not happened, does that simply mean £0 to Sheffield?

What if a player was woefully out of from and we let go for free?

Sacked for gross misconduct?

Or both parties just let his contract run out?

I don’t know, but certainly interesting

Interesting points about the Sheffield sell-on clause…

If “sell-on” literally means sell-on and the fact is that’s not happened, does that simply mean £0 to Sheffield?

What if a player was woefully out of from and we let go for free?

Sacked for gross misconduct?

Or both parties just let his contract run out?

I don’t know, but certainly interesting

Considering their player dropped 3 leagues, they probably thought good-riddance. Already settled their losses and thought any money made would be a bonus.

Chances are, Kacper would've left on a free in summer 2024 / 2025 - depending on the trigger options on his contract. Similar to Mr Bwomono (Although probably more valuable).

Back