• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News New Group Statement 28/02/23

no mate it is an insult -
I completely understand the difference between profit and turnover

Also i understand the limits of transparency offered by annual accounts -

to me you seem hopelssly naive - or determined to defend grifter Martin for some reason

and are absolutely capable of extreme double think .I simply give up

"£750k payable to Roots Hall Ltd and SEL ............"

" are never actually paid"
Not it's not. You may be insulted by somebody pointing something out, but that doesn't make it an insult.

Um well the way I see it is our gate income revenue is probably one of the most high in the league.
Our wages have come down massively in the last couple of seasons.
Most teams in this league don’t get half our gates and still manage to pay their way.
How many teams keep getting embargoed like us. We probably have been embargoed more than the rest of the league.
Something doesn’t add up ? 🤔
Don't forget the cost of the academy, which the majority of teams at our level don't fund to that level at their youth team level.

:ROFL:

Talk about proving my point.

umm.... sometimes you give people some credibility and try and share a point of view and a dsicussion and then it tuns out they are still in the playground trying to score points

hey ho .. thats a shame .. but from your comments its clear that you dont have much useful knowledge

Think you’ll find that it’s the club that’s in debt not Ron and most of that debt is to Ron , and herein lies the problem.

thats the SUFC owned by RM is in debt .....

SUFC owned by someone else (the fans) is not in debt .. in fact it would be a viable and thriving business ..

thats the SUFC owned by RM is in debt .....

SUFC owned by someone else (the fans) is not in debt .. in fact it would be a viable and thriving business ..
I guess you are talking about a completely different business then as you do not wipe out debt just by changing owner unless they who are buying it clears all existing debt upon purchase

Please check your facts before posting :Smile:

umm - well it depends on what you buy - and what is included in the deal and how it is structured.

if I was an idiot I would buy everything (including the debt) and if I was clever I would only buy the part of the part of the business generating cash ...and of course all this would be negotiated and you would even need some good commercial lawyers ...

it would be a bit more complicated than buying a a pint of beer ...

by the way its good to think of your postings on shrimperzone as a contribution - not as a endless battle to proved right

Are the trust or any supporter group getting any inkling or hint from the powers that be that a statement or any information is forthcoming from the club?

umm - well it depends on what you buy - and what is included in the deal and how it is structured.

if I was an idiot I would buy everything (including the debt) and if I was clever I would only buy the part of the part of the business generating cash ...and of course all this would be negotiated and you would even need some good commercial lawyers ...

by the way its good to think of your postings on shrimperzone as a contribution - not as a endless battle to proved right
If you don't offer to buy the debt then you don't get the club. It's that simple

But the person you are buying from has a say too.

If you were buying a steak pie to go with your pint of beer, priced at £8, you can’t just ask for the steak and say you’ll pay £2 for that and get what you want. The pub owner would say, no - I sell the whole pie for £8.

umm.... sometimes you give people some credibility and try and share a point of view and a dsicussion and then it tuns out they are still in the playground trying to score points

hey ho .. thats a shame .. but from your comments its clear that you dont have much useful knowledge
No, just a degree in accountancy, and running my own business.

I think numerous people have tried to explain to you where you're getting confused, but you continue to make the same mistake. It simply made me laugh that you did it again, whilst trying to argue the point.

Moreover, you seem to be making similar mistakes at the moment:

I guess you are talking about a completely different business then as you do not wipe out debt just by changing owner unless they who are buying it clears all existing debt upon purchase

yes you do...

No you don't. If you buy the club, you buy the debts. Unless whoever is owed the debts agrees to write them off (not necessarily related to a sale, could happen anytime) or you buy the club out of administration, part of which may include writing down or off debt.
Anyway, getting back to my original point, I guess what it boils down to is that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, so it might be wise for you to stop insulting people, especially when the insult is one you're guilty of yourself.

Feel free to continue arguing with that, but I can't be arsed to get into it further. I have a work to do.

Maybe Ron isn’t making any statements due to the fact that whatever he says no one is ever going to believe anyway, probably rightly so. I’d rather he said nothing and get on with delivering on his dreams , which in turn gets us out of the mess we’re in .

Maybe Ron isn’t making any statements due to the fact that whatever he says no one is ever going to believe anyway, probably rightly so. I’d rather he said nothing and get on with delivering on his dreams , which in turn gets us out of the mess we’re in .
And I'm sure we'd be more willing to leave him to it if a) there wasn't a steady stream of bad news/PR disasters coming out of the club, and b) he gave us any reason to have an ounce of faith that he deliver.

It's all quite the opposite of "no news is good news".

The guy's an egomaniac, so Our Lord Ronald The Saviour would be screaming it from the rooftops if a long-term solution had been secured. I naively thought staving off HMRC in our last head-to-head might give us some breathing space, but instead we're in a permanent purgatory with no positive outcome in sight.

Back