• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News New Group Statement 28/02/23

Nice.

Obviously people are choosing not to read the speech marks because it doesn’t fit in with what people want to believe.

I’m obviously an RM “fanboy” and believe everything he says. But, I believe what he says about as much as the next person. The truth is normally in what RM doesn’t say, not what he does.

The fact is, he has claimed he has put that money into the Club, and has stated he would want that back.

How comes my points about SZ have been deleted from this post?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .........

RM cannot afford the football club ......thats why no-one s getting paid.

The club is bust.

A bust football club costs about 2 quid.
Then start a Fans Ownership Scheme and buy the club for £2. I'm sure Ron would be ecstatic getting rid of the money-draining part of his business. Just bear in mind that you'll have to fork out wages for the players', staff and management (past, present and future). Oh and give St John's Ambulance the money they're owed plus the many others the Club, not Ron, owes money to. You might find quite a few people knocking on your door. You won't see them on any of the unpublished accounts. Then negotiate rent for Roots Hall, B&L etc ... well he owns them so he decides the rent. Then start negotiating the rent for Fossetts. That's a helluva load of dosh and that's without the money you don't believe Ron's parent companies have lent the club (not donated). I'd love to join this scheme but I'd be cleaned out in no time so I'll have to pass.

Then start a Fans Ownership Scheme and buy the club for £2. I'm sure Ron would be ecstatic getting rid of the money-draining part of his business. Just bear in mind that you'll have to fork out wages for the players', staff and management (past, present and future). Oh and give St John's Ambulance the money they're owed plus the many others the Club, not Ron, owes money to. You might find quite a few people knocking on your door. You won't see them on any of the unpublished accounts. Then negotiate rent for Roots Hall, B&L etc ... well he owns them so he decides the rent. Then start negotiating the rent for Fossetts. That's a helluva load of dosh and that's without the money you don't believe Ron's parent companies have lent the club (not donated). I'd love to join this scheme but I'd be cleaned out in no time so I'll have to pass.
I think RB has covered that in the past a few times, in 2019 revenue was £7m so it's easy to run at profit or breakeven

I think RB has covered that in the past a few times, in 2019 revenue was £7m so it's easy to run at profit or breakeven
There was £7.4m revenue, yet the cost of sales was cost £7.5m. You take away admin expenses, wages etc on top of that and that's how we made a loss of £2.5m. So no, it's not easy to run at profit or breakeven

But if you had thousands marching through the high street to the ground every other week , then that sort of publicity is on another level.
A lovely idea which alas will never happen. Full respect to those who participated in the recent pre game demos, from the high st to Roots Hall, but how many were involved, 100-150?. That's less than several away clubs crew's in the last few years, making their way from the seafront, which didn't batter an eyelid en route?.
Possibly a peaceful march along a certain road off Vic House rdbt in Hadleigh, would reap more publicity, as it would only take a 100 or so, to fill the pavement for 50 yds or so?.
That is a busy road for traffic, which no doubt would cause every driver to wonder what the hell was going on?.

There was £7.4m revenue, yet the cost of sales was cost £7.5m. You take away admin expenses, wages etc on top of that and that's how we made a loss of £2.5m. So no, it's not easy to run at profit or breakeven
It does make you think though where 625k a month goes/went

Last edited:
100% agree - few professional clubs in this country breakeven

It does make you think though where 625k a month goes.
Sure someone could carry out a quick estimate / gustimate.
Number of employees x rough wage.
Standing overheads at a guss.
Suppliers x beer and food.
Stewards
Security
Police.
Plus a few more
Bet it does not attribute to approx 625k.

Sounds about right but that would mean SUFC income props up other group companies.

Well we did wonder where RM gets his money from.
Well if I’m not being extra thick. The club does actually make a profit.
Not like Pinocchio Ron likes to make out we lose 2 million or so a year.
Ron likes to cook the books to suit his agenda.

Sure someone could carry out a quick estimate / gustimate.
Number of employees x rough wage.
Standing overheads at a guss.
Suppliers x beer and food.
Stewards
Security
Police.
Plus a few more
Bet it does not attribute to approx 625k.
I wonder how much is rent?

It does make you think though where 625k a month goes/went

playing contracts x 20 - ball park figures - 300k ??? at L2 money ???

management x 3 - 25k

commerrcial

medical

if you reduce the players money you have room to breathe ..

10 national league contracts at GBP 60k pa base is 600k - or only 50k a month. -

Well if I’m not being extra thick. The club does actually make a profit.
Not like Pinocchio Ron likes to make out we lose 2 million or so a year.
Ron likes to cook the books to suit his agenda.
Not being funny but how have you come to the judgement that the club makes a profit? I remember recently seeing an article that said Walsall are one of the only teams in the lower divisions that is actually making a profit and we are the worse run club in the country so I find it extremely difficult to even start to think how we could be. Our income will be massively lower than it was 4 years ago too so the figures people are basing this against are highly likely to be miles wide of the mark.

Not being funny but how have you come to the judgement that the club makes a profit? I remember recently seeing an article that said Walsall are one of the only teams in the lower divisions that is actually making a profit and we are the worse run club in the country so I find it extremely difficult to even start to think how we could be. Our income will be massively lower than it was 4 years ago too so the figures people are basing this against are highly likely to be miles wide of the mark.
Um well the way I see it is our gate income revenue is probably one of the most high in the league.
Our wages have come down massively in the last couple of seasons.
Most teams in this league don’t get half our gates and still manage to pay their way.
How many teams keep getting embargoed like us. We probably have been embargoed more than the rest of the league.
Something doesn’t add up ? 🤔

Um well the way I see it is our gate income revenue is probably one of the most high in the league.
Most teams in this league don’t get half our gates and still manage to pay their way.
How many teams keep getting embargoed like us. We probably have been embargoed more than the rest of the league.
And most clubs have non match day income - something we don’t get at all. We also have to put 100s of thousands in each year to get a safety certificate etc too. No dispute that we get more match day income than most others but I can guess we have a hell of a lot more outgoings than we have coming in. Most clubs have wealthy backers too which we don’t. Solihull have been massively subsidised by their owner but if I’m not wrong they gave a statement the other day saying they were reducing this or something. BoringWood, Barnet, Eastleigh, Dagenham etc all have WSL teams or youth teams from PL clubs using their grounds so a lot of their costs are covered by them too.

playing contracts x 20 - ball park figures - 300k ??? at L2 money ???

management x 3 - 25k

commerrcial

medical

if you reduce the players money you have room to breathe ..

10 national league contracts at GBP 60k pa base is 600k - or only 50k a month. -

I looked at half a dozen of our opponents earlier in the season - all were running at a loss.

Don't equate no embargo with making a profit.

Back