• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get how much everyone hates Ron and rightly so. Everyone wants him to go. For him to come out and say what he has today is a massive step forward in my opinion and getting the GSE company and Moxey involved in my opinion shows he is serious about this. I dont see a negative with today - if anything it is great to hear for fans as now we know he could be gone by this summer!
Brilliant post mate, exactly how we see it

The issue comes when you ask fans who want to be owners to sign up for their share of the losses (maybe via a bit of collateral - you can’t have some fans coughing up and others not)…. To which the answer is losses, how can the club (a football club) lose money??….which then exposes the complete lack of commercial awareness and why they should run a club in the first place..
Yes, commercial and football acumen (or the lack of it) is a major stumbling block. So is finding funds for investment in physical infrastructure, academies etc.

It will be interesting to see what the impact of a regulator is. It will have a wide remit around sustainability of clubs and preserving the overall health of the Leagues. Personally, to make that work I think it has to have the final word on how the TV money gets distributed as well ; taking (say) 22% out of the EPL as opposed to the current 16% would make a bg difference.

Exactly this, but he’s good at it Phil. I’ve been a journo and only person who did this as well as RM was Eric Pickles (Yorkshire ****).

It’s hard, they are a local journo and a predominantly sports journalist. They were called at late notice, then told ask your questions and I won’t take any more.

When you’re not well versed with smooth PR operators it’s really difficult.

They demean you. He did this to CP early doors after a question, condescending him and ripped him of his confidence.

RM knows he is the smoothest PR man in that room. The only time he wobbled was during his read statement. Probably worried it was such BS that he’d get rumbled.

It’s hard to stand up in the face of people as arrogant and egotistical as RM. He will belittle and outfox you because you care more than he does.

Also, he’s used to it. Why else give national press a few hours (max) and then admit you had this sorted yesterday?

Don’t blame them. They were played like we’ve been played for decades.

Shark.
No. Really no. You ask the question
Ron we see Martin Dawn is no longer a PSC for SEL- can you let us know what’s behind that? What’s happened?
Ron many fans are really concerned about staff not having been paid. Are they now paid up to date?
Is it so difficult to ask of man encouraging all present to take the opportunity to ask something? It’s not tittle tattle- it’s published fact? No really really no it’s not difficult…, regrettably.
I know we want to blame the man for everything (often rightly) but does he actually have to ask the tough questions of himself because he can’t get the journalists present to ask themselves…

just wondering - from a players point of view ....
One Friday it's non payment of your wages that you were told were being paid that day. Fxxks you of mentally for the game the following day.
Following week before the game your best defender walks out through not being paid on time. Fxcks you off mentally for the game in an hour's time.
Following week, again the day before the game, your employer decides to tell the world he's selling up with no prior warming to employees. Fxcks you off mentally for the game tomorrow.
Every week he manages to excel in ensuring the team prep is disrupted just before a game and we wonder why we've lost games lately.
Has no footballing sense in any part of his brain. Seems obsessed with his crock of gold onlly.
Based on what's gone before, who can't be sceptical of his motives when considering the action at companies house and his grand announcement.

Not sure how anyone can take that nonsense of a press conference seriously.
Who is going to be interested in a Company that has not delivered final accounts since 2018?
Who is going to be interested in a Company that has a ram shackle stadium with a lease of £400.000?
Promise of a new Stadium they can lease at what cost? Still not even got planning permission!
Promise of a training facility they can lease at what cost?
Who is going to buy a company that no one knows how many millions they owe to creditors?
Negative or what!

No. Really no. You ask the question
Ron we see Martin Dawn is no longer a PSC for SEL- can you let us know what’s behind that? What’s happened?
Ron many fans are really concerned about staff not having been paid. Are they now paid up to date?
Is it so difficult to ask of man encouraging all present to take the opportunity to ask something? It’s not tittle tattle- it’s published fact? No really really no it’s not difficult…, regrettably.
I know we want to blame the man for everything (often rightly) but does he actually have to ask the tough questions of himself because he can’t get the journalists present to ask themselves…
You’re asking these questions in hindsight. Not blindsided in a room with an proper politician style operator. No journalist cares as much as we do, or go into it as much as we do. Any Shrimpers Trust board member or SOS member would have tried to ask difficult questions but they weren’t allowed in the room.

Why I wonder?

You don’t invite someone like @TrueBlue into the room (sorry to use you as an example) as he’ll use language that will rile Ron as he did to get his infamous ‘because I love the club you idiot’ line.

An example: When asked have you had any offers, RM replied am I speaking to anyone at the moment? No.

That’s not the question he was asked by CP and you’ll see him smirk.

If you think this unrivalled bullsh****r was going to share a room with anyone that had the balls to push him and keep challenging you are so sorely mistaken.

Why’s he pulling the ST interview? Because that’s when hugely prepared people will sit around a table and don’t have anything to lose.

PR, it’s all PR and I’m afraid it’s always going to be that until he ****s off.

Exactly this, but he’s good at it Phil. I’ve been a journo and only person who did this as well as RM was Eric Pickles (Yorkshire ****).

It’s hard, they are a local journo and a predominantly sports journalist. They were called at late notice, then told ask your questions and I won’t take any more.

When you’re not well versed with smooth PR operators it’s really difficult.

They demean you. He did this to CP early doors after a question, condescending him and ripped him of his confidence.

RM knows he is the smoothest PR man in that room. The only time he wobbled was during his read statement. Probably worried it was such BS that he’d get rumbled.

It’s hard to stand up in the face of people as arrogant and egotistical as RM. He will belittle and outfox you because you care more than he does.

Also, he’s used to it. Why else give national press a few hours (max) and then admit you had this sorted yesterday?

Don’t blame them. They were played like we’ve been played for decades.

Shark.
That's fair, I haven't been in their position so it is difficult to judge I guess.
However, I've been in some pretty difficult meetings with some powerful people with huge egos and I would have loved to have had a crack at him. It's just frustrating to see him get off so easily.

Don’t be surprised if the club is now effectively owned by RHL. All together in a nice safe place..
You reckon shares in SEL have been 'sold'/transferred to RHL? That'd make Jack the owner? Implications from the liquidation of MD Lekehampton?

Ron might want his "investment" back but I hope he's realistic enough to recognise he'd be lucky to even get a quarter of it back with how much debt we're in.

This is great news for our Club! American billionaires want a piece of English soccer right now and with our fan base,catchment area and potential on the pitch,I can see us being bigger then wrexham.But we must thank wrexham as the national league is more attractive to buyers right now then leagues 1 and 2.

I think the point is that he HASN'T said he will sell. He's "exploring" the issue and hedging what he says with as many caveats as he can.

It looks and smells whiffy, which is why I think people are concerned. Especially as some people are falling for it, if Twitter is to be believed.

Then keep protesting until he is gone to ensure staff are paid, embargo goes, and that he actually sells.

But to complain non-stop takes the ****, it isn't healthy to par-take in and it isn't healthy to read. The man, whilst incompetent, has done everything fans have asked of him in recent seasons. CEO, Stan, good manager, buying players like Lopata, pushing forward with FF (training facilities only so far, but it's still progress...)

What did you all expect him to do?

Put all of his cards on the table so he couldn't negotiate at all?

Or

Him to go to the presser and say, 'I'm pulling all funding, I'm walking away, it's all up for grabs for whoever makes it into Roots Hall first. **** the wages, **** the tax bills, **** your stadium!'

What he has done is the proper way to sell the club. The same way he has found proper companies to build the training ground and make plans for the stadium (same company that built the Emirates, Wembley, Spurs, Craven Cottage new stand).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back