• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Altrincham 1-0 Southend United

The players are doing a good job of showing why they shouldn’t be paid! If I’m correct they’ve lost every single game since they got paid!

Seasons over.

We stayed up.

Next season will be crucial, and Ron will need to invest while the club is up for sale.

If he wants to get the money he wants, we need to be a competitive team.

Sale of the club will most likely take the best part of a couple of seasons and I know those of you are remaining hopeful for a fast sale ... but lets be real ... if we can start the 25/26 season in the National League with a competitive budget and team ready for a title challenge, that will be a success.
The club will either be sold before the start of next season or it won't be sold at all. It won't take seasons

We all keep hoping for that spark which kicks off a solid win, sadly, it's not happening. Apart from our finishing I though the team played well and they consistently stopped Alti from playing their normal game and some very decent crosses whizzed across the Alti box, but that lack of a killer finish has done us all season, and again today.

It's easy to lay it at Maher's door, but he has worked wonders with our squad and taken them to a level that they didn't seem capable of at the start of the season. But there is only so much that close team spirit can achieve, and we have reached our limit on that front. Yeah, we could yet make the Play-offs, but realistically we have two hopes, Bob and No.

Regroup, give others a chance to get some first team minutes and wait for the embargo to be lifted, if it does this season. I have no doubt that the Amigos knew exactly what they needed from new players to push us on, but if you're not allowed in the sweetie shop, then you're not going to improve. I don't buy the 'Maher out' bollocks and I hope we start next season with Kev and Co calling the shots.
I just hope we start next season!

Surely there is a CM somewhere who can actually shoot- shame about the embargo as there’s a guy people rave about called Wood at Tonbridge who’s scored 5 in 6 games and I think would come- oh hold on….

Seriously we need to be giving Wood and Benton a look now- forget cant score, our CM can’t shoot..

We need to look at our whole attacking options for next year. Defensively not much improvement required, offensively tinkering won’t be enough..

Definitely. Some of these players need dropping as their performances have been shocking.

Benton and Wood, would love to get a look in and given we are likely to still be in an embargo at the start of next season of a new owner is not found, we need to be looking at these type of players.

Surely there is a CM somewhere who can actually shoot- shame about the embargo as there’s a guy people rave about called Wood at Tonbridge who’s scored 5 in 6 games and I think would come- oh hold on….

Seriously we need to be giving Wood and Benton a look now- forget cant score, our CM can’t shoot..

We need to look at our whole attacking options for next year. Defensively not much improvement required, offensively tinkering won’t be enough..
Agreed, I think I’m right in saying none of our CM’s have scored more than 1 which is unbelievably poor, I doubt there’s any other professional team with such an impotent midfield in the attacking third. Might as well give Benton, Wood and Coker some minutes now, the current supposedly more attacking options in CM (Fonguck and Husin) have proved to be not good enough.

A better stat would be how many times have we scored just the one goal.

Agreed Tom.

We simply don’t score enough.

It’s not for the want of trying though. We do create chances, we just have a lack of confidence atm, mixed with - dare I say it - inferior players.

I’d presume Maher thinks the same. If he didn’t, we wouldn’t have been after the likes of Dallas and Morais

Agreed Tom.

It’s not for the want of trying though. We do create chances, we just have a lack of confidence atm, mixed with - dare I say it - inferior players.

I’d presume Maher thinks the same. If he didn’t, we wouldn’t have been after the likes of Dallas and Morais

We have had far too many games with barely a shot at goal.

It's not just the forwards. The midfield and defence have barely got on the score sheet.

Look at the tilly league 2 side. Every player wanted to get forward and score goals.

For me, Mooney has been so disappointing. Big reputation and he has been awful.

We have had far too many games with barely a shot at goal.

It's not just the forwards. The midfield and defence have barely got on the score sheet.

Look at the tilly league 2 side. Every player wanted to get forward and score goals.

For me, Mooney has been so disappointing. Big reputation and he has been awful.

Again, I completely agree.

Did enough to win but unfortunately Bridge and Powell didn't put away great chances.

That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes - more so it seems when you're on a poor run of form

Reactions: GBJ
Agreed Tom.

We simply don't create enough, a subtle difference

You shouldn't have to pay to watch that level of football. The first-half was amongst the most dire I've watched, from both sides. We improved in the second-half but couldn't finish. I was kicking myself for having predicted an Altringham victory as they looked totally incapable of scoring. Surely the only way they could win this was with a penalty .......................and we duly obliged. With Powell's miss you either cry or burst out laughing..........I'm afraid I did the latter. Have I missed anything? Oh yes, the last ten minutes of the game from National League TV. I don't know whether I should get angry at them or thank them? Just hopîng that any prospective purchaser wasn't watching that........ otherwise they may have been put off!

Back