• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said it in multiple threads, if we lose Hobson I think getting Tyler Cordner back would be a great replacement. He’s had an excellent season for Aldershot. Although I expect he will have interest from the league above.

Strikers I hope we are keeping tabs on. But as always it's down to the embargo and whether we are shopping at Aldi, Waitrose or nowhere.

Shaun Jeffers (St Albans)
Dom Poleon (Ebbsfleet)
Mo Faal (Havant)
Nick Haughton (Fylde)
Connor Hall (Chorley)

I wouldn’t be surprised if we still had strong interest in Marcus Dackers and Andrew Dallas.

Both are (I think) out of contract this summer and both are on loan at the moment, to Woking and Chesterfield respectively.

Both would be likely to have options, but both have shown interest in coming to Southend. If we can move quickly (titanic sized ‘if’) then I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or both arrive.

Separately, what odds on Sam Dalby returning on loan this Summer? Can’t see him shifting Mullin or Palmer in the pecking order as things stand today, and Wrexham will want to strengthen further as they move into the EFL.

I’ve said it in multiple threads, if we lose Hobson I think getting Tyler Cordner back would be a great replacement. He’s had an excellent season for Aldershot. Although I expect he will have interest from the league above.
I was gutted he left in the first place. A rare positive in that miserable L2 season. Would really fit that no-nonsense CB we desperately need.

Forget signings for the time being..... we need the ownership change to happen first! Would rather see Southend sign the right players rather than utter rubbish. Players like John Lewis or Dominic puolen (how ever you spell his name) are just panic signings which will hurt us in the long run. Anyway we currently can't sign anyone.
We all know and agree re: ownership - but close season signings/departures is still a legit discussion for Southend fans hence the thread.

As such please can everyone note that club ownership, embargoes and related matters are for the other multitude of threads.

Please can they not be mentioned at all on this thread and be taken as a given - i.e. we all know and agree that there needs to be a) money and b) no embargo before players get signed…

The mods will delete or edit as needed to keep this a purely football-focussed transfer thread.

Would have thought Chesterfield will move to secure Dallas on a permanent considering his good form for them.
The might do, absolutely, although perhaps less likely if they get promoted. That’s if he wants to sign for them permanently. IIRC he was someone we had agreed a deal for in January only to be snookered by the ongoing other issues we all know about.

Dallas went to Chesterfield only after a move to us couldn’t be completed I think… but @BoyWonder2 or one of the other folks with insider connections will correct me if I’ve remembered that wrong.

Muhammadu Faal had a good season for Havant and Waterlooville. Player of the season and notched 21 goals and 7 assists. He's 6'5, so very much in the Dackers mould. He's only 25 so plenty of years ahead of him.

Another player we always seem to be linked with but it never materialises, is Josh Rees. He definitely bridges that gap from the midfield to the strikers. Sat on the bench a lot this year at BorehamWood. Feel for players like him and Brunt going there. Why they do it, I'll never know. Speaking of Brunt, I wouldn't be against getting him back either.

I'd take Ling from Daggers too.

Muhammadu Faal had a good season for Havant and Waterlooville. Player of the season and notched 21 goals and 7 assists. He's 6'5, so very much in the Dackers mould. He's only 25 so plenty of years ahead of him.

Another player we always seem to be linked with but it never materialises, is Josh Rees. He definitely bridges that gap from the midfield to the strikers. Sat on the bench a lot this year at BorehamWood. Feel for players like him and Brunt going there. Why they do it, I'll never know. Speaking of Brunt, I wouldn't be against getting him back either.

I'd take Ling from Daggers too.
Some good suggestions there, all of whom are known to have interested our football department before. It’s clear we need more goal threat as a massive priority.

However in defence I'm not so sure of potential targets - and this area is going to need a massive rebuild this Summer.

Lopata has already gone, with Hobson likely to follow by all accounts. JD is knocking retirement and could only be used as backup for GSM really so we might need another option there. Then there‘s LCB and LWB…. That’s unless Kev and Co decide to target a different core formation/ tactical approach next season.

The only name we’ve heard so far is Tyler Cordner, which might be a good shout but I’m not sure he fits the profile of player our football department wants.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we still had strong interest in Marcus Dackers and Andrew Dallas.

Both are (I think) out of contract this summer and both are on loan at the moment, to Woking and Chesterfield respectively.

Both would be likely to have options, but both have shown interest in coming to Southend. If we can move quickly (titanic sized ‘if’) then I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or both arrive.

Separately, what odds on Sam Dalby returning on loan this Summer? Can’t see him shifting Mullin or Palmer in the pecking order as things stand today, and Wrexham will want to strengthen further as they move into the EFL.
Clearly to get out of the NL you need a big tall lump upfront (preferably one who can weigh in wih a few goals.That was very evident from Sat's game (clearly Cards-despite his goal is not much of a strikerHopefully the emargo will be lifted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back