• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about that CB we had on loan last season from QPR think he was a left sided CD

I’ve said it in multiple threads, if we lose Hobson I think getting Tyler Cordner back would be a great replacement. He’s had an excellent season for Aldershot. Although I expect he will have interest from the league above.
Just seen this on Twitter. Amazing season. He scores goals at set pieces too. Something we really struggle with.

It was weird when he left as the consensus was that he wanted to go back to Weymouth so he could also concentrate on his job outside of football. He then ended up at Aldershot. It was probably more to do with a low contract offer from us at the time, as to why he ended up at Weymouth. At 24 and with the stats quoted, you'd expect a league 2 club to be in the hunt for him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-01-15-58-52-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.png
    Screenshot_2023-05-01-15-58-52-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
A few names I'd like us to bring in.. Elliot Justham would be a great option for number 1 should he fancy signing for a proper football club. If we can't tempt him, Grant Smith at Yeovil who despite being part of a relegated team has impressed plenty in the press with his performances and would you'd imagine would want to stay in this division rather than dropping in to the regionals. Regan Booty who despite being one of my go to signings every football manager, he seriously impressed me at Roots Hall a few weeks ago. He'd be a really good play making midfielder in our 3 that KM likes to deploy. Again, easily getable due to Maidstone's relegation. A name out of the blue perhaps but one I'm sure our football department, especially John Still is aware of would be Josh Stokes at AFC Sudbury. A young player with plenty of potential, who might be worth a pickup.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we still had strong interest in Marcus Dackers and Andrew Dallas.

Both are (I think) out of contract this summer and both are on loan at the moment, to Woking and Chesterfield respectively.

Both would be likely to have options, but both have shown interest in coming to Southend. If we can move quickly (titanic sized ‘if’) then I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or both arrive.

Separately, what odds on Sam Dalby returning on loan this Summer? Can’t see him shifting Mullin or Palmer in the pecking order as things stand today, and Wrexham will want to strengthen further as they move into the EFL.
Dalby has started some games when both Mullin and Palmer have started as well.

A few names I'd like us to bring in.. Elliot Justham would be a great option for number 1 should he fancy signing for a proper football club. If we can't tempt him, Grant Smith at Yeovil who despite being part of a relegated team has impressed plenty in the press with his performances and would you'd imagine would want to stay in this division rather than dropping in to the regionals. Regan Booty who despite being one of my go to signings every football manager, he seriously impressed me at Roots Hall a few weeks ago. He'd be a really good play making midfielder in our 3 that KM likes to deploy. Again, easily getable due to Maidstone's relegation. A name out of the blue perhaps but one I'm sure our football department, especially John Still is aware of would be Josh Stokes at AFC Sudbury. A young player with plenty of potential, who might be worth a pickup.
Should Arnold resign along with Collin, then we wouldn't need Justham. Collin will be our number 1 by the end of next season, unless of course we cash in on his potential.

what about that CB we had on loan last season from QPR think he was a left sided CD
Joe Gubbins, he got better the more he played. Looked shaky to start with but looked a half decent player by the end of it. Doesn’t seem to have done a lot since leaving us going by Wiki!

I was trying to think of the lad at Maidstone who looked decent the other week! Thank you, I would be happy to look at him, he looked a decent player.

I wonder if we might look at Dominic McHale of Gloucester City if they don’t go up. Seems a John Still type signing.

I was trying to think of the lad at Maidstone who looked decent the other week! Thank you, I would be happy to look at him, he looked a decent player.

Martyn Booty’s boy, Regan?

Should Arnold resign along with Collin, then we wouldn't need Justham. Collin will be our number 1 by the end of next season, unless of course we cash in on his potential.

I'd have no problem with either Steve or Collin being first choice next season but it's not secret that Steve is probably in the twilight years of his career now and having missed over 75% of this season through an injury whereby some never thought he'd be able to play again, I'm not sure he can be relied upon. With Collin, it sounds ridiculous to have reservations over someone who is up there for the most clean sheets in the league this season but personally I'd like someone with more experience in between the sticks.

Another name I'd like to throw in to the mix, Southend born Max Statham from Dartford. A ball playing defender who has been very good in Dartford's promotion chasing season. He's bagged himself 5 goals this season and is good in the air in both boxes. He's 22 so would be coming in at a good age to either be backup to our regular starting 3 but I believe would fit nicely in to the 3 alongside any of the other centre backs we have.

Last edited:
If we can‘t / don’t want to keep Steve Arnold I’d say Grant Smith would be a good shout as he‘ll likely be looking for a change of scenery. I’m not convinced about Justham - a player at the end of his career whose spent most of it with Dagenham doesn’t do it for me.

MisterStubbs said:
A few names I'd like us to bring in.. Elliot Justham would be a great option for number 1 should he fancy signing for a proper football club

But would he leave a club alledgly known as:

il_1080xN.1495329507_b3m9.jpg

I wonder if we might look at Dominic McHale of Gloucester City if they don’t go up. Seems a John Still type signing.

Martyn Booty’s boy, Regan?
I didn’t even think it was his son! Loved Martyn Booty. First professional football I spoke to as a child and he had time for me, goes a long way even if he wasn’t the greatest.

Jack Cook at Wealdstone, I know he has a decent job. Maybe we could have him on a part time deal like Wealdstone have. He came on late on Saturday and looked a class above, except when Sandat put him in his place.

Jack Cook at Wealdstone, I know he has a decent job. Maybe we could have him on a part time deal like Wealdstone have. He came on late on Saturday and looked a class above, except when Sandat put him in his place.
That was funny .... Cook wasn't impressed at all lol

Muhammadu Faal had a good season for Havant and Waterlooville. Player of the season and notched 21 goals and 7 assists. He's 6'5, so very much in the Dackers mould. He's only 25 so plenty of years ahead of him.

Another player we always seem to be linked with but it never materialises, is Josh Rees. He definitely bridges that gap from the midfield to the strikers. Sat on the bench a lot this year at BorehamWood. Feel for players like him and Brunt going there. Why they do it, I'll never know. Speaking of Brunt, I wouldn't be against getting him back either.

I'd take Ling from Daggers too.
Brunt is extremely unlikely as he wants to test himself a level or two higher like Nealy has, but never out of the question. You never can say never in football!

He's roomy George Broadbent would be a great loan if we could get him in. He's done well at Boreham this season, a good footballer who gets plenty of goals from midfield. He's competetive and a really nice lad also, so would fit on with our boys here, and obviously knows Darren Currie. Going from a side like Boreham to a footballing side like us, he would excel.

Last edited:
Brunt is extremely unlikely as he wants to test himself a level or two higher like Nealy has, but never out of the question. You never can say never in football!

He's roomy George Broadbent would be a great loan if we could get him in. He's done well at Boreham this season, a good footballer who gets plenty of goals from midfield. He's competetive and a really nice lad also, so would fit on with our boys here, and obviously knows Darren Currie. Going from a side like Boreham to a footballing side like us, he would excel.
Agreed. He is a very good player at this level.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we still had strong interest in Marcus Dackers and Andrew Dallas.

Both are (I think) out of contract this summer and both are on loan at the moment, to Woking and Chesterfield respectively.

Both would be likely to have options, but both have shown interest in coming to Southend. If we can move quickly (titanic sized ‘if’) then I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or both arrive.

Separately, what odds on Sam Dalby returning on loan this Summer? Can’t see him shifting Mullin or Palmer in the pecking order as things stand today, and Wrexham will want to strengthen further as they move into the EFL.
Mullin and Palmer are League 1 quality, I doubt another striker will be high on their priority list and despite being behind them in the pecking order the fans seem happy with Dalby so I'd imagine Wrexham will see him as a good option off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back