• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will not accept the first offer, I can already see Chris tweeting that it's been rejected! He will ask for more money no matter what the bid is
Just had the same thought he will be squeezing every penny he can and sending the agents back to the table with his increase

Just had the same thought he will be squeezing every penny he can and sending the agents back to the table with his increase
That is how business transactions often work, rounds of negotiations. One hopes that the buyers offer wasn't a final offer.

What was Man U - over 3 rounds of formal bids submitted in the end?

Unfortunately only 2 people know what the offer on the table is the consortium and Ron.Regretably if the offer is derisery and Ron will reject that's business.Hopefully its acceptable to Ron and we can all move on and look forward to the future with optimism

Forgetting the ( understandable ) anti-Ron sentiment , why would anyone accept the 'first offer' in any business transaction ?
Same for the Buyer.
Why would you table your maximum offer as your opening gambit.
If Ron rejects it , its not necessarily him being a total **** , but just part of the natural negotiation process.

This issue that some fans have with West Ham has confused me for nearly 50 years.

In that time we have maybe played them 3 times competitively? Anyone who views them as rivals is quite frankly deluded.
Yeah I’ve never really got that either, I know a lot of West Ham fans but none of them have anything against Southend and some even come to watch us. They’re miles above us, always have been. If we were any good we’d attract more fans regardless of how well they’re doing.

Yeah I’ve never really got that either, I know a lot of West Ham fans but none of them have anything against Southend and some even come to watch us. They’re miles above us, always have been. If we were any good we’d attract more fans regardless of how well they’re doing.
They are miles above us. They haven’t ALWAYS been though. My theory is my generation of fans who saw us play in the same division (and BEAT them in a league game) saw the true face of them and their fans when we were a lot closer to them in the leagues.

Their fans anger towards us as we walked out of Roots Hall that famous night will live with me forever - it was glorious!

A nasty fanbase full of horrible people.

So let’s say Ron accepts the offer tomorrow what steps will still need to be taken before the takeover is complete? Do they have to do the pointless fit and proper owners FA test etc?

My hatred for west Ham goes back to
My school days. Constant belittling and **** taking cause i supported a Div 4 side etc has left me with an in built dislike and hate of them for ever. When I got married my wife had a West Ham hat and scarf from a corporate event she had attended. That went in the dustbin. Fortunately Ben was ever only going to be a shrimper and when he asked why we didn’t support West Ham like his mates I explained what adoption meant and he has never mentioned it since. We barely even mention their name in the house.

The West Ham SUFC ‘rivalry’/hatred is a funny one - my dad for example who has been going home and away with blues since 1968 has no problem with West Ham whatsoever, in fact he used to bring Bill Gardner along to SUFC games all the time .

For me it was the time when we were in the championship (old division 1) and working in Southend. Soooo many arrogant spammers at work giving it the big one. Oh how I enjoyed THAT match. Collymore cross to Angel. Just delicious.
So it was the local wet spam fans that fueled my dislike of them to this day.
I truly cringe every time I see that f*****g bubble machine operating!

Hatred is a horrible word and shouldn’t belong in football. It’s the beautiful game that we all grew up and fell in love with. Rivalry is part of the beautiful game and there is nothing better than notching another win against them and bagging the 3 points. But first we need to get into the same league or a nice draw in a cup to achieve this. 😀

For years it’s been “anyone but Ron, anyone but Ron”.

Now we have a West Ham fan attached to a consortium, people are questioning it?

Get to ****. Just be happy that change is happening. I’d rather see Ray Winstone parading around the pitch before the first KO of the new season, completely decked out in claret and blue, rather than see Martin slithering into his seat in the Directors Box.

But will our players have to start kicking cats to make Ray feel at home......??🙀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back