• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t mean spirited, just funny how many people come out the woodwork claiming to know people and are really good friends with them.

Aware local people will know people especially for the reasons you state but just makes me laugh that people will claim to be best friends and know them really well, cause they once had a beer together 15 years ago or shared a English class together. There’s a difference between knowing who someone is and actually being friends with them.

Note this isn’t just to people of this forum, it’s a general comment.
I did share an English class with Carl actually. It’s definitely with a C.

The West Ham SUFC ‘rivalry’/hatred is a funny one - my dad for example who has been going home and away with blues since 1968 has no problem with West Ham whatsoever, in fact he used to bring Bill Gardner along to SUFC games all the time .
Is this where the grass roots of his antics were planted?

I really dont have anything against WH just against Arry for saying we arent a proper football club ,My good mate back in Australia is a one eyed WH supporter ,how many times he told me WH won the world cup back in 66 , yet even to this day he is my really good mate ,we played darts together ,his whole family WH supporters all came from east end of London to AUSTRALIA. rivalry between clubs is good ,we all look forward to playing Col Ewe etc .Also have nothing against Ray Winstone being our Ambassador ,think that would be brilliant

Unfortunately only 2 people know what the offer on the table is the consortium and Ron.Regretably if the offer is derisery and Ron will reject that's business.Hopefully its acceptable to Ron and we can all move on and look forward to the future with optimism
More than 2 people know the offer. A consortium is more than one person? Here's hoping Ron does the right thing.

Come on Ron do the right thing and accept the offer. Unfortunately you’ve run the club into the ground. You will get a decent lump, you will have your development to get your money from. The golden goose is there, it may not be as much as expected but that your own doing!

I won’t forgive you for what you’ve done to the club in recent times. However, I will thank you if you make the right decision and get us sold to a decent buyer.

Forgetting the ( understandable ) anti-Ron sentiment , why would anyone accept the 'first offer' in any business transaction ?
Same for the Buyer.
Why would you table your maximum offer as your opening gambit.
If Ron rejects it , its not necessarily him being a total **** , but just part of the natural negotiation process.
Depends what the offer is. Everyone goes into shops and accept the price of things. Lots of people take first salary offers on jobs without negotiation.

So let’s say Ron accepts the offer tomorrow what steps will still need to be taken before the takeover is complete? Do they have to do the pointless fit and proper owners FA test etc?
A very good question got asked here, but it got overshadowed with West Ham bollocks.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I'd like to know as well to be honest

I don’t think it is so much the fact that Ray Winstone supports West Ham that concerns people (I assume Kevin Maher supports another club, even Tilly supported Leeds). It is more that he is somewhat of a caricature that a lot of people in this area find cringeworthy (cockney east end type). If we are a city with our own identity I would prefer our club not to be presented in this way.

Ultimately though it will be great to see the back of Ron after all these years of misery, hopefully this will be the start of a new era which will lead to our return back to the EFL.

I guess his acting career was always likely to go that way after the fantastic performance in Scum.

Shame he didn't play the part of grubby little blond haired property developer who knocked half the town and his own staff. Because that's the image SUFC have at the moment and its even gone international.

Its the football club he is interested in not Thorpe Bay Bowls club....So relax and enjoy the big adventure looming over us all

A very good question got asked here, but it got overshadowed with West Ham bollocks.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I'd like to know as well to be honest

I don't know the answer on fit and proper. But the offer could well be conditional on due diligence being completed. Think about when you buy a house. You make an offer, that's accepted, only then do you get a survey, and then you may complete on the original terms, revise your offer or withdraw your offer.

We are now heading into a very long weekend with a bank holiday monday so its unlikely any news will come out during that time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back