• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One player who could feel like a new signing is Dan Mooney, if we can find a way to get the best out of him. I do fear he may continue to be wasted if the three amigo's persist with three at the back, but hopefully we can find a way to find a slot for Moons.
If we returned to 3-4-3 and he could play left or right wing, we might actually see an improvement.

If we returned to 3-4-3 and he could play left or right wing, we might actually see an improvement.
Yes Mooney was on the face of it an odd signing if we knew we were going to play 352 as it is the formation that neither uses wingers or a front three (either of which would better suit him).

Bridge has managed to adapt to WB better than I anticipated. And his defensive qualities were not at all obvious. Bridge and Mooney as wing backs would be' let's say, ambitious...

One player who could feel like a new signing is Dan Mooney, if we can find a way to get the best out of him. I do fear he may continue to be wasted if the three amigo's persist with three at the back, but hopefully we can find a way to find a slot for Moons.

I don't want to see us deviate from 3 at the back. It's the foundation of the way that we play and I'm a big fan.

I'm not averse to the idea of a plan B, but if plan B is a move away from 3 at the back which is crucial to the way that we play, then we'll end up in no man's land and failing to perfect either plan.

There is absolutely merit to a 3-4-3. Kev played it a fair bit in the first third or half of the season but 3-5-2 brought more success and Mooney wasn't performing.

My issue with 3-4-3 is that it can lead to only having one true striker on the pitch which is no good when we lack goals all across the team as much as we do.

I also think that quite a lot of other teams at this level play 3 in midfield and we were getting overrun in there a fair bit when playing 3-4-3, which was one of the reasons Kev went to 3-5-2.

I'd keep that foundation of 3 at the back personally, recruit the players to fit it, and get the squad into a position where it can move seamlessly between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3, depending on what the opposition analysis or the way the game is going calls for.

Get the players fit, keep them fit, get them recovered from injury faster and better.
Does the physiotherapist need more, literally, hands on, help.

Just reading that Andrew Dallas is the subject of offers from Grimsby and Hartlepool amongst others. Was hoping he would be a key addition if we could get him but looking less likely now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back