• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little update I can provide on this side of things at the moment:

Kev & Co have let the players know who is staying and who is being released.

Hobbo will go, as we pretty much all know. Accrington Stanley is the one Iā€™ve heard.

Kev & Co have spoken to numerous targets. @londonshrimper. already mentioned one name. Iā€™ve heard of three from Daggers, but it may have even been four as McCallum wasnā€™t a name I was eluding too previously. Weā€™ve missed out on a couple already due to the embargo as they werenā€™t prepared to wait. CP said one of those was McCallum.

We do have some who are waiting, and some are mulling over things, and once the takeover happens, and that pesky embargo is lifted, Iā€™m led to believe we may see a new face or two through the door shortly afterwards. Also, new deals will be signed too.

One or two under contract are being looked at being moved on, but obviously nothing is happening on that front at the moment.

As per last summer, Kev & Co want the vast majority of the squad as contracted players not loanees.

As usual, I wonā€™t mention names. Some names on this thread are on the famous whiteboard, some arenā€™t.

As for the takeover, Iā€™ve mentioned before my 10p would be on tail end of the week. Iā€™m on holiday from Monday, and i know that everyone involved wants this resolved asap, so I might even be able to get a celebratory beer whilst Iā€™m away, but letā€™s keep that stuff on the appropriate thread.

Regan Booty signed for Gatesheadā€¦ massive signing for them
Told you on numerous occasions he was heading North. Not on our Radar for that reason!

Also, Dallas was a done deal last January apart from embargo. Grimsby were chasing him then and we were still first choice. Grimsby, unless they dramatically change their deal don't bother me. ( I stand by to get egg on my face to be so definite on that). Hartlepool or us in a straight fight with our new owners on board, because that is the only way we will get him, ...... come on have you ever been to Hartlepool and looked at their pulling power?

Let's start getting positive and I hasten to add not arrogant on here!

If we get this takeover completed, with all we have going for us, against a team in EFL, granted, that is getting near the top of their budget and expectation and a team in the North East that were here 2 years ago or us, ask yourself where would you want to go? Grimsby, Hartlepool or Southend?

Remember he has played in the region at Cambridge, we will not be unknown to him.

Of course we are going to miss out on some of our targets, but at this level with a properly funded club and professional structure WE ARE an attractive proposition.

Lastly, as KM says, it IS a privilege to pull on a shirt with our club badge on and run out in front of 6,000 odd fans. We ARE a club that will have a pull and any player that has played against us will have seen and heard the support we attract home and away, THAT'S YOU PEOPLE! Believe, because going into this summer we were either (and possibly still) GONE!

Or we are back in the game, with proper backing, to build on (under the circumstances) a fantastic season last year.

We are Shrimpers, We back our team through good and bad and we have good coming! Any player that is approached by us with a reasonably aware agent is going to understand that. Don't underestimate what we can put on the table and with the right owners, we will have people that understand that some of the leverage this club creates comes from the passionate fanbase we have!

That is anyone that calls themselves a Blues fan and yes! This is a call to action! To be positive, proud and believe in what the next few weeks could bring! The alternative is not worth contemplating, basically, because we wouldn't exist!

There is phrase when things look grim of; there's no smoke without fire!

So, turn that on its head, look and listen to all the noises from not just fans, but respected journalists and what snippets they have put out in the past seven days or so.

We ARE on the way back, so back the new owners, who will be fully revealed in the near future, show them that the influence they have already sensed and backed is true and we will get our club back and have a name that we can all be proud of once more.

People..... I rest!

Last edited:

Hobbo will go, as we pretty much all know. Accrington Stanley is the one Iā€™ve heard.

Kev & Co have spoken to numerous targets. @londonshrimper. already mentioned one name. Iā€™ve heard of three from Daggers, but it may have even been four as McCallum wasnā€™t a name I was eluding too previously. Weā€™ve missed out on a couple already due to the embargo as they werenā€™t prepared to wait. CP said one of those was McCallum.

We do have some who are waiting, and some are mulling over things, and once the takeover happens, and that pesky embargo is lifted, Iā€™m led to believe we may see a new face or two through the door shortly afterwards. Also, new deals will be signed too.

One or two under contract are being looked at being moved on, but obviously nothing is happening on that front at the moment.

As per last summer, Kev & Co want the vast majority of the squad as contracted players not loanees.

As usual, I wonā€™t mention names. Some names on this thread are on the famous whiteboard, some arenā€™t.

As for the takeover, Iā€™ve mentioned before my 10p would be on tail end of the week. Iā€™m on holiday from Monday, and i know that everyone involved wants this resolved asap, so I might even be able to get a celebratory beer whilst Iā€™m away, but letā€™s keep that stuff on the appropriate thread.
Looking forward to @Smiffy Getting his emojis out again

Told you on numerous occasions he was heading North. Not on our Radar for that reason!

Also, Dallas was a done deal last January apart from embargo. Grimsby were chasing him then and we were still first choice. Grimsby, unless they dramatically change their deal don't bother me. ( I stand by to get egg on my face to be so definite on that). Hartlepool or us in a straight fight with our new owners on board, because that is the only way we will get him, ...... come on have you ever been to Hartlepool and looked at their pulling power?

Let's start getting positive and I hasten to add not arrogant on here!

If we get this takeover completed, with all we have going for us, against a team in EFL, granted, that is getting near the top of their budget and expectation and a team in the North East that were here 2 years ago or us, ask yourself where would you want to go? Grimsby, Hartlepool or Southend?

Remember he has played in the region at Cambridge, we will not be unknown to him.

Of course we are going to miss out on some of our targets, but at this level with a properly funded club and professional structure WE ARE an attractive proposition.

Lastly, as KM says, it IS a privilege to pull on a shirt with our club badge on and run out in front of 6,000 odd fans. We ARE a club that will have a pull and any player that has played against us will have seen and heard the support we attract home and away, THAT'S YOU PEOPLE! Believe, because going into this summer we were either (and possibly still) GONE!

Or we are back in the game, with proper backing, to build on (under the circumstances) a fantastic season last year.

We are Shrimpers, We back our team through good and bad and we have good coming! Any player that is approached by us with a reasonably aware agent is going to understand that. Don't underestimate what we can put on the table and with the right owners, we will have people that understand that some of the leverage this club creates comes from the passionate fanbase we have!

That is anyone that calls themselves a Blues fan and yes! This is a call to action! To be positive, proud and believe in what the next few weeks could bring! The alternative is not worth contemplating, basically, because we wouldn't exist!

There is phrase when things look grim of; there's no smoke without fire!

So, turn that on its head, look and listen to all the noises from not just fans, but respected journalists and what snippets they have put out in the past seven days or so.

We ARE on the way back, so back the new owners, who will be fully revealed in the near future, show them that the influence they have already sensed and backed is true and we will get our club back and have a name that we can all be proud of once more.

People..... I rest!
Believe you and me, Iā€™m fully aware of our specific targets/ones weā€™ve missed/ones holding out. I was just saying it as he has been mentioned a few times on here

Believe you and me, Iā€™m fully aware of our specific targets/ones weā€™ve missed/ones holding out. I was just saying it as he has been mentioned a few times on here

That's my fault, it wasn't a singular "you", but a plural one, which I should have alliterated in a better manner. Apologies.

Iā€™m sure if youā€™re a player looking for a move at the moment and know about the Southend takeover you would hang on a little longer if you know there is interest in you , they've all seen the rewards for signing for Wrexham Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£

Dare I askā€¦who have we missed out on in terms of targets? There are a few on here suggesting we have so assume you can share who they are?

I hope Sagaf is a potential target always been impressed with him. I think heā€™s break up play is 2nd to none personally as well as heā€™s all round game especially when sets the tempo and through balls to unlock defences.

Thanks as always BW2, much appreciated insight.

Reading between the lines with no inside knowledge it wouldnā€™t surprise me if the two being looked at moving on are Fonguck and Powell. It also sounds positive that Bridge might be one of those ready to sign on, it would be a huge coup if we got him to stay with us in the NL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back