• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Cav Miley

Quite simply he is the best midfielder I have seen play in a Southend shirt. He makes the game look so easy and is our most important player.
I’m not meaning to be rude but I assume you haven’t been supporting us long.
And I’m not dismissing Miley who is consistently outstanding at this level—National League.
Going back,off the top of my head : Whelan and Marsh obviously, Clayton ,Chisnall ,Kevin Baron before that and more recently Ryan Leonard.

There's an important distinction to made with this current crop of players and previous greats.
On ability and achievements etc none of the current team make an all time 11.
However this group have been here during the most horrendous ownership in our history and had more to put up with than any others. All of them could have walked out with ease and no one would have blamed them. However they stayed, they have shown such heart, dedication and loyalty that this group of players should go down in history as one of the most iconic teams to ever pull on the shirt. To have a team that cares about the club as much as we do is a rare thing indeed.

I’ll hijack this thread for a moment. Are there songs for Harry Cardwell? I’ve had one going around my head for a few days but don’t want to say it in case it’s old hat.😀

This could be an astute signing.

With Atkinson, Ogogo & Dunne all leaving, along with Neal’s loan deal finishing, we have no one in there.

Cav is a workhorse, who wins the ball, and gives it to those that can express themselves on it, very much in the mould of Neal. He is a tidy user of the ball, but not really a “string puller” if you like.

Turned down another NL club to sign for us, and wasn’t released by Eastleigh, they wanted to keep him, but Cav wanted to try his luck elsewhere so he let his deal run down.

Another bit of good business, not quite the standout in the way that Mooney is, but another important part of the jigsaw.

This is what I said when we signed him.

What a fantastic acquisition this has proved to be, not just “astute” as I called it back then.

Back