• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Danny Macklin

Hideous situation, I hope and pray Danny is found safe. He's just become Dad to a little girl and his family need him right now. I'm not going to defend the things he was found guilty of saying but I've heard far worse and wonder why on earth he was set up in the way he was. Something doesn't sit right with me at all, that's not the Danny I worked with when we set up the Junior Blues.

Please be safe Danny.

When it's your mental health, you're not thinking clearly enough to consider that.

Maybe not. I'm "lucky" it has never affected me. Reading his posts earlier was a tough read but he still is looking to pass the buck onto others and clearly is in a poor state of mind. He's had plenty of "support" since his post so let's hope he saw some of that and hasn't done anything silly.

not in a good way !

lets hope he is found alive and well. Suicide is a selfish and cowardly act when you have a supportive family and kids to think about and provide for!
Just stop and think before making outlandish statements like that. For someone who lost their sister due to her taking her own life, I am/was in no position to pass judgement on her decision, and the last thing I would consider her decision to be based on would be on being either cowardly or selfish.

Just stop and think before making outlandish statements like that. For someone who lost their sister due to her taking her own life, I am/was in no position to pass judgement on her decision, and the last thing I would consider her decision to be based on would be on being either cowardly or selfish.
Agreed. God knows how bad things must be for a person to have the bollocks to actually think that killing themselves would be less painful than taking another breath.
I don't subscribe to the cowardice thing - I'd be terrified to even contemplate ending it.

not in a good way !

lets hope he is found alive and well. Suicide is a selfish and cowardly act when you have a supportive family and kids to think about and provide for!
That is not what a person in that position thinks though, most genuinely think that their family would be better off without them and that they have let them down. It's tragic.

not in a good way !

It's long been known that people with mental health and deep depression block out the good things they should be thinking about, and all the bad stuff comes to the front and takes over. All this bad stuff is too hard to keep thinking about, so suicide is a way out. Survivors have said at the time of the suicide attempt, they wasn't thinking about family. If they was, they wouldn't have tried it. It's only after and they get enough treatment and help to get them thinking normal, that they are horrified that they didn't think of their family and kids at the time.
You're looking at a suicide attempt of a normal rational person, who would be thinking straight.

Great news. Hopefully he gets the help he needs and can rebuild his life. I think everyone can learn from this. Actions (words) can have a huge reaction on others. I think we all need to be considerate of others views (me included).

Obviously what he said was wrong and he has learned a very tough lesson off the back of that but so many others failed him too. Can’t begin to think how his family feel with this all very public now.

Glad he has been found. He made a mistake - a big one and a very public one - but it is disturbing that modern society wants to punish and punish until you feel you have nothing left to live for.

Quite why the FA felt the need to get involved I don't know - his employer acted and dealt with the situation.

Very glad he's been found and really hope he goes on to get help and emerge a stronger person

Last edited:
Glad he has been found. He made a mistake - a big one and a very public one - but it is disturbing that modern society wants to punish and punish until you feel you have nothing left to live for.
Thank goodness he's been found.

Some of the vile comments on social media will have contributed to this.

Someone who wants to end their life as they can see no alternative is in a very dark place and it takes a specific skill set to help them.
Lets hope he and many others access the help
Life is precious and we only have one - two of my friends in the past 3 weeks have lost their sons by taking their own life. No-one knew they were struggling and they were both middle aged men with young families.

it doesn’t matter who you are or what your views are if you feel this way speak to someone, anyone
my phone is always on

Phew ! Stay strong fella, and please talk to friends and family. It makes all the difference. Take care

Back