• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England cricket 2024

England have picked their squad for India away, the toughest task in cricket, and have included Shoaib Bashir. He has 10 wickets at 67 in his First Class career. Aside from anything else, I think it shows the selectors think that the County Championship is a piece of ****.

England have picked their squad for India away, the toughest task in cricket, and have included Shoaib Bashir. He has 10 wickets at 67 in his First Class career. Aside from anything else, I think it shows the selectors think that the County Championship is a piece of ****.

I presume he’s going for the experience.

The thing is I’m struggling to think who else they could have taken other than all-rounders like Dawson (who I’m shocked isn’t going), and batting all-rounded like Livingstone, Jacks, Critchley. Maybe Carson at Sussex?

Am disappointed Dan Lawrence isn’t going. Would also have been nice if he turned himself into an England regular and so never appeared for Surrey.

The thing is I’m struggling to think who else they could have taken other than all-rounders like Dawson (who I’m shocked isn’t going), and batting all-rounded like Livingstone, Jacks, Critchley. Maybe Carson at Sussex?

Am disappointed Dan Lawrence isn’t going. Would also have been nice if he turned himself into an England regular and so never appeared for Surrey.
given Stokes can't bowl, I thought Livingston and Dawson would have gone.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bashir plays, otherwise surely they wouldn't pick him in the full squad

is Rehan Ahmed going?

1st test starts next Thursday and not seen of heard of any warm up matches yet.
no warm up matches, they've had a training camp somewhere like Dubai, then straight into it. and it's on BT Sport so I can watch it. Our last tour there was in the first weeks after my daughter was born, so I was only too happy to take the 4am shift

no warm up matches, they've had a training camp somewhere like Dubai, then straight into it. and it's on BT Sport so I can watch it. Our last tour there was in the first weeks after my daughter was born, so I was only too happy to take the 4am shift
BT Sport.....bugger....TMS it is then

he was unreal in Pakistan, but could help us balance the team better. Put Stokes to 5, find an allround at 6 (Liam Dawson would be best) then Bairstow at 7 (though I'd go Foakes)
Dawson isn’t anywhere near good enough to bat 6 in tests IMO. I’d have him below Foakes if they were in the same side and Foakes shouldn’t be batting higher than 7.

Dawson would make a good no.8. Not sure why England have ignored him.

which other's would you like to do?
several in India, don't know the place well enough but that's a dream - just a cricket mad country. New Zealand looks beautiful, i love the open grounds rather than soulless stadiums. Plus West Indies. Basically to spend every year following red ball cricket around the world

Back