• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England cricket 2024

Dawson isn’t anywhere near good enough to bat 6 in tests IMO. I’d have him below Foakes if they were in the same side and Foakes shouldn’t be batting higher than 7.

Dawson would make a good no.8. Not sure why England have ignored him.
Dawsom had a great season, looks like he might of matured into a quality allrounder who could balance the team. I disagree about Foakes too. he bats higher for Surrey, and looks like he's better higher up when he's got more time. slogging with the tail is really not his game

several in India, don't know the place well enough but that's a dream - just a cricket mad country. New Zealand looks beautiful, i love the open grounds rather than soulless stadiums. Plus West Indies. Basically to spend every year following red ball cricket around the world
to do it in the Winter (November to February) is always pretty special. the Hagley Oval is pretty nice, almost like playing cricket in Hyde Park

Play three spinners two are rookies and a part timer to back them up who gets 4 wickets.

Wow, what a turn around.

Not many teams would be able to do that in India after the first innings deficit.

i actually got to watch a bit today, and it was brilliant. twisted and turned, looked like they were going to win, we had it, then they had it, then us. such a good test

What a win! Cannot stand India so very happy. Not sure we will win the series but a good start.

Fair play to Hartley after the first innings.
I had the pleasure of witnessing India lose to Sri Lanka at The Oval, it wasn't a pretty sight from their spectators let me tell you.

I had the pleasure of witnessing India lose to Sri Lanka at The Oval, it wasn't a pretty sight from their spectators let me tell you.
Happy days. Unsufferable team. At the Oval, and other venues in England, it's like a home game for them. Annoys me especially when it is against England but what can you do.

Only one cricket team I despise more, sandpaper is the only word I need to say!

Weirdly love the Indian team since the days when Engineer and Bedi were playing and now my favourite player Kohli is just a joy to watch
Full credit to England, had given up after first innings deficit but Pope and Hartley did their bit to record a historic win, let’s not forget Stokes first innings as well
Second test be a great place to be and watch

Happy days. Unsufferable team. At the Oval, and other venues in England, it's like a home game for them. Annoys me especially when it is against England but what can you do.

Only one cricket team I despise more, sandpaper is the only word I need to say!

Back