• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 4-1 Aldershot Town

Finally my NLTV hoodoo was broken, previous to today I'd only seen defeats where we didn't score, going 1-0 it looked like more of the same. As Paul Clark said on comms, the ref was bad, but at least it was bad calls for both teams.. The red card was a big turning point in our favour, only one winner from there.

Also a note on the Comms, absolute world apart in professionalism having a proper BBC feed with goal updates from other games too, compared to the numptys we usually get for away games that seem to be totally biased with no research done.

4 different goal scorers, Ollie scoring on his 100th game and morale boosting goals for Cards, Wood and Dackers leathering one in at the end.

From the radio we played very low tempo first half, then upped it second and that's where we got the result. I hope that low tempo was due to low confidence and we now start upping our game, coz we sounded toilet first half and aren't comfortable enough to play crap and turn it around every week. let's hope last week is the start of something now

Obviously i didnt see the game but would well come comments on Woods performance today. Sart next game.

420195744_908651857934140_891180270317052121_n.jpg

417703984_908651511267508_972267352067796581_n.jpg

420201941_908651504600842_3898569585284550247_n.jpg
418879799_908651484600844_8502069590018026499_n.jpg

Technically we have 51 points now without the deduction, so no reason to fear either of those sides. We are on par with them this season. And we had far more to deal with than either of those sides too.
southendkid said:
Take the 10 point deduction away and we'd be next to them in the table, and Altrincham aren't in great form themselves having lost 3 on the bounce. If this result installs some confidence in us there's no reason we can't win on Tuesday.

Sorry guys but that 10 points deduction is here to stay.

Last edited:
Half-time expert opinion from the Temple of Doom...

“Mahers methods will take us nowhere in the future, horrible to watch!” Wigs insists.

“Is crab ball in full affect today?” insists Gates.

“You've got to ask yourself just how many of our players would make the first team in the top 10 teams in this league,” Strikes insists.

We know that referees can be totally incompetent at this level but should we complain if they are totally incompetent in our favour? The game turned on that red card (not the right decision according to our commentator) but, after having said that, isn't it rare for us to take advantage of a numeric advantage. ( I do remember us doing It a number of years ago in a glorious midweek evening game at Pompey) Whatever, we really need that result ...gives us more confidence and helps us move away from the trap door.

A comfortable and much needed win in the end following a sloppy first half, with Miley in particular being uncharacteristically poor.

Waldron looked far sharper than when I last saw him v York, he turns the defender very well and did so for the red card. I thought the red looked a bit harsh from my vantage point in the East Black, I'm not sure if Waldron would have been clean through? Maybe Ralph getting in the refs ear and clear 'off' chanting from us helped sway the ref!

Fair play to the lads for taking advantage of the extra man though and scoring two quick goals. It was great to see Wood come on and flourish in his more natural position, he perhaps deserves a start next match now as a more attacking midfield option?

Finally, I was really pleased to see both Cardwell and Dackers score and hopefully we'll see goals flowing again now :Happy:

Last edited:
Red card changed the game undoubtedly but the second half performance was much better and the result much needed with teams around us also picking up wins.

Reactions: GBJ
Back