• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Email to Stewarts Law - Insolvency Team - Petition adjourned until 15th May.

How can the consortium still keep going after all this crap fair play to them and the money they have put in is something else .

I juts wonder if they will come to a point sadly and say enough is enough .

Good Evening Mr Symes

It seems you are the only person who works at Stewarts Law who actually replies to emails, so I thought I would drop you a line.

Thank you for taking time out of your day yesterday to reply to The Shrimpers Trust although your brief response is probably not the W you think it is. It has served only to infuriate our rather large fanbase even further!

Whilst nobody is arguing the fact Stewarts Law are owed a considerable amount of money by the club, your methods of trying to get this money back are doing little for the reputation of your firm, especially as other creditors are owed and probably need their funds more than Stewarts do, you must be so badly off after recording a profit of over £47M in your last financial year.

I imagine as a Partner in a Law Firm you are quite a smart chap, so you can imagine I am somewhat mystified by what you are doing. The Club is in the process of being taken over for the worldly sum of £3. Surely a smart chap like you realises that the clubs liabilities far outweigh their assets and if in the highly unlikely event the WUP is successful you can kiss goodbye to the monies you are owed? I think that is what's known as shooting yourself in the foot.

Again we ask you to read the room and withdraw the petition and engage in dialogue with both COSU and The Shrimpers Trust,

I am available Tues - Friday next week, if you would like to discuss these matters further perhaps we could meet at Natural Kitchen or The Refinery for coffee to find a more suitable way forward, which will see Stewarts get paid and the club survive which is all anyone wants to see, however if you would rather watch the reputational damage to Stewarts continue please feel free to ignore me as seems to be the MO at Stewarts

oh - we have a mutual connection - a very good friend - let me contact him, doubt it will help but you never know
Apparently my friend has known Mr Symes for about 20 to 30 years! He contacted Mr Symes - but the response was just that he couldn't say anything about it.

Whilst its probably the response I expected, I hope being contacted by a long term friend on the other side of the world plants another seed that this may not be the correct course of action.

I’ve heard the figure of £400,000 bandied about. Don’t know if that is correct but if it is why has the club incurred legal costs of £400,000?

Despite all my affection and bias towards Southend Utd, the stuff below keeps rolling around my head:

Why would a legal firm that has just filed for Southend Utd to be wound up because they are owed £400k, enter into a conversation with anyone before the day of the hearing? Especially those of us that have nothing whatsoever to do with the amount owed. It's not nice for us, it's not nice for the Consortium, I don't care if it's not nice for the rat, but it is what it is, and legal morality or decency doesn't come into it where money owed is concerned.

The only way out of this before the court hearing is if the debt is cleared and no amount of us being outraged is going to change that.

Where you want to go is the legal journalists and national papers. Once it’s in the press and there is a narrative about them “destroying a community asset” that’s when they will sit up and take notice.

You have to remember these people defend some pretty suspect people/ morally bankrupt companies etc…they care about fees and money

The place to go is
Law.com
The Lawyer
The Guardian
The Telegraph

Raise it with the journalists simultaneously whilst protesting at the law firm

But the key here is the narrative of community asset, heartache of fans, profitable firm turning on the goodwill of new investors, also write to Anna Firth etc etc raise profile so it gets in the press. I think best nationals would be the guardian (as it’s left and anti establishment)

Despite all my affection and bias towards Southend Utd, the stuff below keeps rolling around my head:

Why would a legal firm that has just filed for Southend Utd to be wound up because they are owed £400k, enter into a conversation with anyone before the day of the hearing? Especially those of us that have nothing whatsoever to do with the amount owed. It's not nice for us, it's not nice for the Consortium, I don't care if it's not nice for the rat, but it is what it is, and legal morality or decency doesn't come into it where money owed is concerned.

The only way out of this before the court hearing is if the debt is cleared and no amount of us being outraged is going to change that.

TBH I don't expect them to engage with the fans.

There are more than 1 out of this. 1. As you say pay the debt off
2. Go into admin - doubt this will be carried out unless they think an adjournment is unlikely to be given and they 100% don't want/unable to pay
3. Stewart's withdraw the petition

3. Is what we can influence by attempting to sway their minds and or obtain enough publicity that it becomes the best way for Stewart's to manage their image.

TBH I don't expect them to engage with the fans.

There are more than 1 out of this. 1. As you say pay the debt off
2. Go into admin - doubt this will be carried out unless they think an adjournment is unlikely to be given and they 100% don't want/unable to pay
3. Stewart's withdraw the petition

3. Is what we can influence by attempting to sway their minds and or obtain enough publicity that it becomes the best way for Stewart's to manage their image.
I think it is great to try, but I really don't think that anyone there will worry too much about what a few Southend fans will think. As for their image, solicitors represent the most reprehensible people at times - the image comes from winning cases. You win, people hire you. You look soft or loose I suspect people are less keen to hire you.

Also, the replies that people get are likely to be standard responses probably sent by quite a junior administrator from a stock of standard emails. I briefly worked for a major telecommunications company, and there were a list of standard replies to complaints that we used to give and people could sometimes be quite cruel in their replies.

They won't give a detailed response to a case in which they are involved. They will want their money. The way out of this is to pay them.

I think it is great to try, but I really don't think that anyone there will worry too much about what a few Southend fans will think. As for their image, solicitors represent the most reprehensible people at times - the image comes from winning cases. You win, people hire you. You look soft or loose I suspect people are less keen to hire you.

Also, the replies that people get are likely to be standard responses probably sent by quite a junior administrator from a stock of standard emails. I briefly worked for a major telecommunications company, and there were a list of standard replies to complaints that we used to give and people could sometimes be quite cruel in their replies.

They won't give a detailed response to a case in which they are involved. They will want their money. The way out of this is to pay them.
I think we're on roughly the same page, ultimately they will be paid -the question is when?

Time to get the AI cartoon generator going.

A big foot (Them) squashes little guy (Southend Utd) with caption 'We eat football clubs for breakfast' or something along those lines?

Back