• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Email to Stewarts Law - Insolvency Team - Petition adjourned until 15th May.

How is it shocking? It's a pretty standard response.
Because in my opinion it’s shocking, Paul has written a pretty valid and professional email. The response shows little remorse or interest at all. I think it’s shocking! Just because it’s a ‘pretty standard’ response doesn’t make it not shocking!

Despite all my affection and bias towards Southend Utd, the stuff below keeps rolling around my head:

Why would a legal firm that has just filed for Southend Utd to be wound up because they are owed £400k, enter into a conversation with anyone before the day of the hearing? Especially those of us that have nothing whatsoever to do with the amount owed. It's not nice for us, it's not nice for the Consortium, I don't care if it's not nice for the rat, but it is what it is, and legal morality or decency doesn't come into it where money owed is concerned.

The only way out of this before the court hearing is if the debt is cleared and no amount of us being outraged is going to change that.
Trying to get paid before other creditors where legacy creditors have have agreed to wait, and despite having themselves argued that winding up a community asset is wrong, and given other creditors are much less able to wait than them, is beneath contempt. We all have guiding principles in business and this lot ‘s are not aligned with mine. And I have been in their position more than once so I am talking the walk..(or is it the other way around)

The fact that they then refuse to explain their actions or answer valid questions when there is no third party client, they are the client!, is weak and pathetic.

Some may defend them, others will regard them with the contempt their behaviour deserves…

Trying to get paid before other creditors where legacy creditors have have agreed to wait, and despite having themselves argued that winding up a community asset is wrong, and given other creditors are much less able to wait than them, is beneath contempt. We all have guiding principles in business and this lot ‘s are not aligned with mine. And I have been in their position more than once so I am talking the walk..(or is it the other way around)

The fact that they then refuse to explain their actions or answer valid questions when there is no third party client, they are the client!, is weak and pathetic.

Some may defend them, others will regard them with the contempt their behaviour deserves…
I'm assuming that as you have quoted my post, you also suggesting that I am defending them. If that is so, then nothing could be further from the truth. I condone none of what they are doing but my concerns are also probably a reality.

Where you want to go is the legal journalists and national papers. Once it’s in the press and there is a narrative about them “destroying a community asset” that’s when they will sit up and take notice.

You have to remember these people defend some pretty suspect people/ morally bankrupt companies etc…they care about fees and money

The place to go is
Law.com
The Lawyer
The Guardian
The Telegraph

Raise it with the journalists simultaneously whilst protesting at the law firm

But the key here is the narrative of community asset, heartache of fans, profitable firm turning on the goodwill of new investors, also write to Anna Firth etc etc raise profile so it gets in the press. I think best nationals would be the guardian (as it’s left and anti establishment)
May I suggest to any Shrimper with connections to journalists that one media outlet who get involved with this sort of stuff and are a bane to these organisations are Private Eye. Unfortunately, I do not have access to Ian Hislop but I'm sure someone out there on the 'Zone must?

I'm assuming that as you have quoted my post, you also suggesting that I am defending them. If that is so, then nothing could be further from the truth. I condone none of what they are doing but my concerns are also probably a reality.
I agree- they may plough on regardless and not care less. However, it will be adjourned and they will gain precisely what the deserve- nothing. As everyone from on here, to ST, to the club, to Anna Firth and so on have said their action is absolutely pointless..

Reactions: RHB
May I suggest to any Shrimper with connections to journalists that one media outlet who get involved with this sort of stuff and are a bane to these organisations are Private Eye. Unfortunately, I do not have access to Ian Hislop but I'm sure someone out there on the 'Zone must?
I saw him filming in Covent Garden once, smaller than I imagined. Tiny and I’m no skyscraper meself.

From what I can see, Stewarts are now hiding replies to their tweets, the embarrassment is growing!!

Their tweet from the 28th of March re the Football Regulator Bill has 11 replies however you can only see one from yesterday that just calls them ****s

Last edited:
Because in my opinion it’s shocking, Paul has written a pretty valid and professional email. The response shows little remorse or interest at all. I think it’s shocking! Just because it’s a ‘pretty standard’ response doesn’t make it not shocking!
Not sure how it is shocking when they're quite obviously not going to comment on ongoing legal stuff

Not sure how it is shocking when they're quite obviously not going to comment on ongoing legal stuff
Missing the point, they don’t have to discuss ongoing legal stuff.

A bit of compassion towards the situation wouldn’t have taken any time or cost anything.

‘Understand your concerns and frustrations, unfortunately Stewart’s Law are unable to discuss ongoing legal cases’

I doubt it. All that's happened is their social media guy has deleted some posts. Their important people probably don't even know those comments have been made.
Maybe the social media person has been told to remove them.

Either way they're reacting, it's having an impact

Maybe the social media person has been told to remove them.

Either way they're reacting, it's having an impact
I doubt it. The only person who would have told them to delete is either themselves or a social manager, but certainly not anyone with any decision making responsibility.

I can't see any scenario where some emails from disgruntled Southend fans will make them change their mind. It's having near enough zero impact.

Email sent

Dear Mr Dench

I'm writing to you as a concerned Southend United supporter. I'm concerned that yet again under the current ownership the club finds itself having had a winding up order issued against it. My understanding is that your firm, Stewarts Law, is owed money and seek a winding up order to recover some monies.

I would urge you to reconsider your current actions due to
(1) the club is currently undergoing a change of ownership, whilst this is taking longer than hoped, the latest public statements from involved parties suggest it is now a matter of weeks away. My understanding is the new owners will pay off historic debts when they own the club
(2) If you are successful in obtaining a winding up order, one imagines that with the quantum of debt the club currently has, you will receive close to nothing. Moreover you will have destroyed a community asset. This seems a lose-lose scenario to me.

Given the above it would seem the win-win scenario is to allow some more time for the new owners to take control of the club and to repay your debt.

If my understanding of the situation is incorrect please please respond with your own statement in order to give clarity to the long suffering fans of the club.

Thank you for your consideration

Regards

Back