• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Fossetts Farm 1,300 homes to be decided next week

Can someone explain how this works?

This article leads with a headline "1300 homes to be decided next week" is that actually the case?

Or, will this paper be presented to the committee and cabinet next Weds/Thurs for final discussion. Then a final yes/no will then need to be agreed at a full council meeting at a later date, before the sale of the club can actually "complete" ?
Headlines are to *sell* the story, not tell the story

Hopefully it does not make a difference to us (but it will) new house building in London is on it's arse atm and a lot of sites have been mothballed.

I may be very confused, but I thought Ratty was selling the Club for a £1 and Roots Hall for £4.5 million. In his interview on BBC Essex, he clearly stated he was selling Roots Hall for a £1. Somewhere else I read or heard that the sale would be with a 25 year Lease.

Either I am incorrect in my thinking or the deal isn't as good as I first thought. Would someone enlighten me please..

I may be very confused, but I thought Ratty was selling the Club for a £1 and Roots Hall for £4.5 million. In his interview on BBC Essex, he clearly stated he was selling Roots Hall for a £1. Somewhere else I read or heard that the sale would be with a 25 year Lease.

Either I am incorrect in my thinking or the deal isn't as good as I first thought. Would someone enlighten me please..
I think it was mentioned that it is a 25 year lease to protect the consortium getting their £20m back in that time frame.

Merseyside Pension Fund. That's a new one.

Will be interested to see what "security" can be put in place (via planning/S106/Other) to ensure the phased payments of £20m actually arrive before we all die...

Hopefully SCC's DD can conclude soon and we can get this done in May. We cannot afford to let it drag any longer, or it will de-rail next season as well.

Will be interested to see what "security" can be put in place (via planning/S106/Other) to ensure the phased payments of £20m actually arrive before we all die...

Hopefully SCC's DD can conclude soon and we can get this done in May. We cannot afford to let it drag any longer, or it will de-rail next season as well.

Looks like some loans are from them and managed by CBRE

Weird.

What has Wirral Council/Merseyside Catalyst/Pension Fund got to do with a Southend based project?

I see CBRE are involved as well. What a headache.

What is the Fund?​

The Catalyst fund aims to invest in projects that will help to deliver economic growth to the Liverpool City Region, upgrading the housing offer, regenerating deprived communities and maximising the use of new spaces in the city.

Weird.

What has Wirral Council/Merseyside Catalyst/Pension Fund got to do with a Southend based project?

I see CBRE are involved as well. What a headache.

What is the Fund?​

The Catalyst fund aims to invest in projects that will help to deliver economic growth to the Liverpool City Region, upgrading the housing offer, regenerating deprived communities and maximising the use of new spaces in the city.
Bizarre.

Maybe ron had exhausted every other lender in the country. Didnt he say he was a liverpool fan once? 🤔

Something like this?

Wirral MB Council
|
Merseyside Pension Fund
|
CBRE
|
Merseyside Catalyst Fund
|
Thames Plaza
|
Citizen Housing

Problem with a S106 (which is where provision for the £20m will be made) is that developers can successfully apply to alter them down the line, and perhaps the Martins could do this in order to drop the £20m.

There is nothing that can be done by anybody to outlaw this from happening, but the Council will try to put as much into the contract as they can to at least disincentivise the Martins from doing so - i.e. we'll pull the F out of the deal if you do.

Back