• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
what about someone like Josh Walker add bit of pace to our attack done well previously in this league only started a small amount of games at gills . Could be good with working up tops with cards

Enrico Sousa released by Boreham. One we should be looking at

Not for me and here's my reasons why.....

If we are looking at players to bring in develop and move on, then he isn't in that calibre.
If he was, Grimsby a club on the edge of the relegation zone in L2 wouldn't have released him.

Add to that the fact he had to be restrained by a team mate in response to a lady sitting a couple of seats away leaving the pitch at the end of the B. Wood game, and no swearing was involved on her part and definitely not racial, tells me this is not the kind of character that should be pulling on a Shrimpers shirt.

A player I’m very keen to see where he is playing next year, and could be a good option for us if we were to lose someone.

Harrison Male, 23 year old goalkeeper at Dorking. He has won the players player, supporters player and young player of the year at Dorking.

A goalkeeper, who is excellent with the ball at his feet, so would fit how we like to play if we were to lose Collin to anyone. Isn’t the biggest goalkeeper, but nor is Collin. Has International honours with England C.

Would be interested if @ShrimperStats could draw something up on him.

Me too - cant believe they've let him go (?).
I think it's less about letting him go and more about releasing him to play at the level he should be playing at. He's too good to play NLS.

A few have said they don't want him due to age etc. However, we are looking for squad players as well as starters. He'd be more than adequate to back up Bridge. He has tore us apart on more than one occasion and has something a bit different about him to Bridge.

I wonder if the 3 Amigos and Mr Still's team of scouts have been giving the Rangers youth teams a look. Surely there is an agreement to be made there. The next Alan Mcgregor to potentially replace Collin would be a start. I know an experienced keeper is saught after but if a loan could work like Mansfield did with Nathan Bishop then it would allow for the budget to be spent elsewhere like a fox in the box striker

A player I’m very keen to see where he is playing next year, and could be a good option for us if we were to lose someone.

Harrison Male, 23 year old goalkeeper at Dorking. He has won the players player, supporters player and young player of the year at Dorking.

A goalkeeper, who is excellent with the ball at his feet, so would fit how we like to play if we were to lose Collin to anyone. Isn’t the biggest goalkeeper, but nor is Collin. Has International honours with England C.

Blimey I agree with you 🤣🤣

Another option I like, this time at centre forward, but is under contract until the end of the 24/25 season is former West Ham striker 23 year old Sean Adarkwa.

10 goals for the struggling Stones including one at Roots Hall, making him their joint top scorer in 33 games. 20 starts and 13 appearances off the bench.

Big, over 6ft, strong and willing to run the channels. Good link up play too. Potentially a good understudy/challenger to Cards.

Would obviously cost a fee, so not sure that it would be a starter, but another to keep an eye on.

Yep rate him too would be a tidy addition plus he has potential for sure

Another option I like, this time at centre forward, but is under contract until the end of the 24/25 season is former West Ham striker 23 year old Sean Adarkwa.

10 goals for the struggling Stones including one at Roots Hall, making him their joint top scorer in 33 games. 20 starts and 13 appearances off the bench.

Big, over 6ft, strong and willing to run the channels. Good link up play too. Potentially a good understudy/challenger to Cards.

Would obviously cost a fee, so not sure that it would be a starter, but another to keep an eye on.
I'm certainly with you on Sean Adarkwa. He would be a great signing for all the reasons you mention. He's a real handful for defences.

re Harrison Male - I've watched quite a few Dorking matches this season and whilst comfortable with the ball at his feet and being a great shot stopper, I've witnessed too many goals go past him where I was left thinking "that should never have ended up in the back of the net".
His lack of inches is a problem too with too many goals conceded high up into the net.

Players I would like us to look at some are more likely than others. Out of this list of 11 I bet none of them isn’t even on the famous white board

Paul Mcallum , Junior Morias , Josh Walker , Jordan young , Con Clarke , Ollie Pearce , Sam Johnson GK, Joe McDonnell GK, Harrison male GK , Erick Sousa , Nick Haughton, Maxwell Statham.

Last edited:
Players I would like us to look at some are more likely than others. Out of this list of 11 I bet none of them isn’t even on the famous white board

Paul Mcallum , Junior Morias , Josh Walker , Jordan young , Con Clarke , Ollie Pearce , Sam Johnson GK, Joe McDonnell GK, Erick Sousa , Nick Haughton, Maxwell Statham.

Absolutely zero chance of us bringing him in. He is destined to be playing in the football league next season.

Both players are on my list of suggestions! 🤝

I’ll post basic radar charts for both on here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back