• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NEW FORUM: Like/Dislike? Thoughts? Suggestions? Put them here...

No i really think it's cack compared to the last one.

In what way? Please try to be objective, I know its hard.

What specific features do you not like? What specifically is worse than before?

Also please bear in mind that we have only been running a couple of days - the possible lack of some features, or the construct of the GUI (Graphical User Interface - i.e. how it looks) can be amended. Therefore, 'cos its ****' isnt necessarily the reason something isnt how you would like.

Also please bear in mind that we have only been running a couple of days - the possible lack of some features, or the construct of the GUI (Graphical User Interface - i.e. how it looks) can be amended. Therefore, 'cos its ****' isnt necessarily the reason something isnt how you would like.

I think what could be nice spiff is the signatures in a diffrent background shade so they seperate from the users post.

preferred the other one. Easy, looked good and was less plain.
But my views don't matter anyway.

I did like the old format - it appeared neater and more concise, but as Spiff says above, hopefully there'll be a bit of tweaking to come in the next few weeks. I was always impressed that our board did not look the same as any other board I had seen, but that's progress I suppose, we all have to end up looking the same.

Two slight little niggles for me: Firstly, the signatures get in the way as they are exactly the same font and size as the posts - under the old system it was easy to spot what was a post and what was a signature. Secondly, any chance of a few more smilies - maybe even some that move?

;)

How can you label web links like you could on the old board?
I think they look terrible if all you see is the link!

I think the forum looks a bit 'busy' and draws even more attention to the fact that I am not working....

Is there is any chance of altering the user interface to make it a bit more work friendly?

Big fan of the LAST board. Looked clean, neat, simple and like no other. I think it was largely due to the fact that the old board was set in a table and didn’t stretch to the size of your screen. Nothing against vBulletin it functionality is sound. And the good news is that it can be set in a table like the last board was. Further to then receiving all the benefits above you also be able to ensure the SZ logo/header nicely covers the top of the board.

Here is the same vBulletin board formatted in a table (it doesn’t stretch across your screen), please consider.

That looks good actually, as mentioned above looks a whole lot more work friendly!

I agree wholeheartedly. It's all a bit wide here! Can we adopt that one?

Lots of good points though, particularly the unbolding of subjects that haven't been added to since you last visited them.

I preffered the other board!

It felt more unique than this one and very much easier to read!

There seems to be too much happening on this the newer one.

What chance going back to the other one now?

Got to say and not meaning to sound harsh I think its a massive step backwards.

Looks like a non-league teams board where are the old SZ seemed classy. Much harder to navigate around and really dont like it. Sure in time I will get used to it.

What chance going back to the other one now?

No chance - even if we could we wouldnt I'm afraid. That one was ancient, written in ancient code and caused us no end of strife behind the scenes trying to keep the darn thing working. It was much more susceptible to hacking and it was nigh on impossible to support...

So, we are where we are I'm afraid.

As mentioned in my initial post, any of you who remember the implementation of the board we've just left, will remember that outpouring of grief (yes, it was like that! :D ) for the board we used before that! Given time, people get used to change - and often come to favour it.

I am sure the same will be true this time.

In the meantime, thanks for the suggestions so far - keep them coming. I'm at work at the moment, so bog all chance to act on them until I get home. However I will certainly look into the changes you've asked for to see where we can further improve.

Cheers
Spiff

Back