• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gilbert or Francis, and Wilson or Hammel or Gilbert -

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
given we now have a squad with cover and competition whats the best 2 full backs -

(AND if want to know what a nightmare is - its 4000 German fans singing
theres only one team at Wembley)

Depends who is fit out of that lot.

I have been slightly disappointed with Gilbert albeit only seen him in a couple of games. Maybe still settling in.

Che has not done a lot wrong either.

Wilson and Gilbert then because I am not sure that Francis and Hammell are fully match fit yet.

francis straight back in and i would have gilbert on the bench... if either AB or clarkey got injured i would push francis inside and have gilbert at RB because although i haven't seen Richards, he doesn't sound great at the moment and would be more comfortable with Francis there

keep che at left back

if Francis is fit on saturday would you drop Gilbert ?

definitely, he was probably our best player in the last few matches last season and he looked quality in the pre-season too. i'm a big fan of Francis

if Francis is fit on saturday would you drop Gilbert ?

Yes I think I would. He did well in the reserve game I went to earlier this week. Good performance for a first game back. It wasnt though, as you would expect, a full tempo first team game.

If he is fit then I would have the backs as Francis and Wilson......sounds like that bloke who does the weather on Sky!! :rolleyes:

definitely, he was probably our best player in the last few matches last season and he looked quality in the pre-season too. i'm a big fan of Francis

I like him but I still can't get his performance against QPR away last season out of my head. Truly shocking.

gilbert has electrifying pace, i would not drop him yet, give him a few more games, he will be immense

I like him but I still can't get his performance against QPR away last season out of my head. Truly shocking.

i didn't go so can't comment but i think he was the only player who obviously improved through the season.. and at 22 he is a massive talent... just read what a Bradford fan said about him...
http://www.boyfrombrazil.co.uk/profile.asp?name=francis_simon

22yo defenders are always going to make bad decisions and be a bit inexperienced but for me he is a raw talent and has all the attributes to be the new spinner for southend

gilbert has electrifying pace, i would not drop him yet, give him a few more games, he will be immense

Immense....is he on the McRickets Diet then? :confused:

Not sure he has lived up to all the hype so far for me. However, it is early and he may need a little longer to settle.

Not sure he has lived up to all the hype so far for me. However, it is early and he may need a little longer to settle.

Agree, we just need to give him time, has looked very promising on the overlap and does give us another attacking dimension, oh to hell with it harrold off gilbert up front

Wilson on the left. Go with the experience!!

He barely played last year when all he would have learnt was how to be a loser. He only knows how to be a winner

Che's been good since he got into the team but Hammell is still the better player and should come straight back in when fit.

I'm a big fan of Simon Francis too but I'd be inclinded to give Gilbert the next two league games. The kid is so highly rated and shouldn't be dumped just yet.

che has done nothing wrong so far this season so i would keep him in. yea hammell is better but there is no point kicking a player out when they are playing well. from what i have seen of gilbert he make some good runs but he makes far to many mistakes. also francis will give us much needed height. francis was quality at the end of last season so the sooner he can play 90 mins the better.

I would get Francis straight back in. I thought Gilbert was our worst player by a long way on Saturday and although I was at the previously mentioned QPR game the few games I have seen Francis play since then he was significantly better.

I would give Gilbert the first 60 mins to see how he performs then bring Francis back in gradually. He may have just done a full 90 mins in the reserves but we don't want to risk him again so ease him back in.

I personally once Hammell is fit play Hammell and Francis.

Back