• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend United sign Alex Revell

Who cares, its a better tally than anyone else we have :)

Not hugely prolific (if he was we wouldnt get him), but has scored a few and importantly well liked by Brighton fans.

Wont be the new Eastwood but fingers crossed improves the squad by the sound of it.

Indeed. He seems like a pretty solid, 10-15 goals a season type player. Two of those and you don't really need one 20+ striker.

In
5k - Scannell
35k - Barney
150k - Revell
Free - Masters
Loan - Robson-Kanu

Total = 190k

Out
Loan - Hooper
70k? - Richards

Total = 70k?

Delighted with this signing. Providing Hammell doesn't leave, just need a new commanding giant centre back, and then our transfer window dealings can be deemed PERFECT!

Pubey said:
so what is our total income and expenditure for this transfer window? think tilly has done some pretty shrewed business

In

70k (Richards)

Out

5k (Scannell)
35k (Barnard)
150k (Revell)

Total out 190k

So net of 120k paid out

150,000 seems like not a bad deal.
Agreed. 1 goal in every 3 games will do me just fine for a previous strike record, at this level too. He's 6"3 so our tallest player and should help out at keeping corners out as well as scoring some set piece routines.

So to sum up this transfer window:

In:
Masters: free
Scannell: 5k
Barnard: 35k? (100k tops wasnt it?)
Revell: 150k

Out:
Richards: 50k?
Hooper: loan

I make that 4 decent signings and a total under 200k, top work this window.

If we signed a decent experienced head in defence now this would be dream world after last nights win :D :D

£175k for the partnership that could set the league alight together i believe.

it's nice to have two strikers with different, complimentary attributes. At 6'3 Revell should be decent in the air and with Barnards runs (oops!) the chances of them clicking is better than if you have two forwards who are too similar (or just not very good :p)

Agreed Al - I think we've got a good variety of forwards, as we've also got Scannell who has the pace to get behind defences (I know he's a winger, but didn't look terrible up top when he came on yesterday)

In
5k - Scannell
35k - Barney
150k - Revell
Free - Masters
Loan - Robson-Kanu

Total = 190k

Out
Loan - Hooper
70k? - Richards

Total = 70k?

Delighted with this signing. Providing Hammell doesn't leave, just need a new commanding giant centre back, and then our transfer window dealings can be deemed PERFECT!
In

70k (Richards)

Out

5k (Scannell)
35k (Barnard)
150k (Revell)

Total out 190k

So net of 120k paid out
Great minds think alike

In

70k (Richards)

Out

5k (Scannell)
35k (Barnard)
150k (Revell)

Total out 190k

So net of 120k paid out

Agreed. 1 goal in every 3 games will do me just fine for a previous strike record, at this level too. He's 6"3 so our tallest player and should help out at keeping corners out as well as scoring some set piece routines.

So to sum up this transfer window:

In:
Masters: free
Scannell: 5k
Barnard: 35k? (100k tops wasnt it?)
Revell: 150k

Out:
Richards: 50k?
Hooper: loan

I make that 4 decent signings and a total under 200k, top work this window.

If we signed a decent experienced head in defence now this would be dream world after last nights win :D :D

Ha Ha, beat you both :p

Two pieces of excellent news today, let's hope our new signings do well and are given time to get into their groove by certain groups within the RH faithful. Certain people have been saying this month that T&B don't know how to shop during the window and that RM is unwilling to splash the cash (to the point of fabricating the Walker transfer in some idiots' minds), hopefully this will silence them (until the summer at least!)

With just over 31 hours of the window remaining it would be nice to see one or two new defensive faces come in, and I'm sure the management are working hard on this as we speak, but with Macdonald, Barnard, Ravell, Kanu and Harrold all competing for 2 places this can only be good for our playoff push. Time will tell as to how good our trio of new forwards will be, but one thing's for sure: if you don't put away your chances, there's someone snapping at your heels who can take your place.

I am impressed with Revell already. there is an interview with him on the OS where he says that he loves Tilly and cites him for his career after Cambridge. However, what I am really impressed with is he said he couldnt wait to wear the shirt!!! A small thing but in all my years I cant remember any incoming player saying that on the day he signed. He also said that we are a massive club and cant wait to show us what he can do, hopefully against the Borient!!! Top man

The pun meister out punned!
homer-woohoo.gif

Back