• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hopper Update

We have had key players out injured for much of the last decade of seasons; BBBC was a triumph of a recovery.
It seems to be a part of football these days, through all leagues and clubs, however we have had a really bad lot for a few years now.
A couple of seasons past, big name players were breaking metatarsal bones every few weeks and it was put down to soft boots, other injuries were put down to stud shapes; ours seem either bad luck, poor recovery/slow rehab or (with Cox) poor training methods.
When Keirnan plays 20 games without issue we can scratch him from the suspect injury quota.
The transfer window is open, loans are options.

On the plus side, at least SCP can’t get blamed for our inevitable struggles this season

I personally think its all down to witchcraft. I'm all for singling out a member of staff and dragging them up to the ducking stool and if anyone feels like grabbing a pitch fork and lantern they are welcome to join me.

I reckon Mr Brown has left the curse on the club, I don't know how he did it, probably something to do with his sunbed.

To be fair, an ACL used to be career ending and it is the advances in surgery and rehabilitation methods that make full recovery possible. Tom was always going to be missing for a year, and an October return is still possible, even with this setback. It makes far more sense to not rush him back now, and get everything right otherwise he is more at risk of further recurrence of the injury.

Frustrating that he has had a setback, and frustrating that Coxy is out as well, but we have 3 other strikers in Humps, Goodship and Theo.

For once, I am not worried about goals!

It is a pity that the FA and PFA can't spend more of the TV billions on a fund for injured lower league players to get the type of treatments that the mega clubs provide to their players in the USA and oxygen tents etc.
If it was done as a charity basis it would be tax deductible?

I reckon Boots and Laces is built on an ancient Indian burial ground...

Last edited:
I reckon Boots and Laces is built on an ancient India burial ground...
Careful what you say or the new stadium will be delayed for another 5 years while the council have a team searching for Inca or Aztec relics................again,
And don't mention the newts, bats and badgers.....................
Or lesser spotted blue tits.

I reckon Mr Brown has left the curse on the club, I don't know how he did it, probably something to do with his sunbed.

It may surprise you but PB stated firmly that he has never been on a sun bed.

You may be right about the curse, he certainly seemed to know it was coming. He had already set up the portacabin for Ben Clarkson to overlook the main training pitch so that the injured weren't forgotten so to speak. Then he spent some time in the summer lifting up paving slabs and laying astroturf and creating a fenced of area so that recovery could be done in the open air rather than endless hours in the gym.

He told me that despite what people thought of Allardyce he was very forward thinking about payers recovery etc. Whenever the sold a player at Bolton they would hound the Chairman for a percentage to spent on new facilities. One machine that involved water (don't know how it works) cost about £150,000.

I used to chuckle when people on here would be slagging him off for being 'on the beach' when he was swinging a pick axe down at B&L.

CP found out its not easy to sign players and now its Bonds turn. Sadly it looks like knives are already being sharpened for KB. I wonder how many mangers we will go through before the penny drops

It may surprise you but PB stated firmly that he has never been on a sun bed.

You may be right about the curse, he certainly seemed to know it was coming. He had already set up the portacabin for Ben Clarkson to overlook the main training pitch so that the injured weren't forgotten so to speak. Then he spent some time in the summer lifting up paving slabs and laying astroturf and creating a fenced of area so that recovery could be done in the open air rather than endless hours in the gym.

He told me that despite what people thought of Allardyce he was very forward thinking about payers recovery etc. Whenever the sold a player at Bolton they would hound the Chairman for a percentage to spent on new facilities. One machine that involved water (don't know how it works) cost about £150,000.

I used to chuckle when people on here would be slagging him off for being 'on the beach' when he was swinging a pick axe down at B&L.

CP found out its not easy to sign players and now its Bonds turn. Sadly it looks like knives are already being sharpened for KB. I wonder how many mangers we will go through before the penny drops
I have no idea if this is true, but i believe KB budget is a great deal less than the two managers that have gone before him. RM backed both Brown and CP and that got him nowhere but trips to court. think the wallet is closed.

Glad to see that worked well for Bolton's finances!!

I have no idea if this is true, but i believe KB budget is a great deal less than the two managers that have gone before him. RM backed both Brown and CP and that got him nowhere but trips to court. think the wallet is closed.

Our budget was pushed up last season when signed more players than expected including loans and Humphrys etc because of injuries. The squad was always going to be trimmed this season.

Man City might well spend £20m to cover an injury for 2 months we will have to use an academy player. Which is the very reason I am happy to spend my money in L1 and why I have no interest in the PL. I cancelled sky a few years back.

Glad to see that worked well for Bolton's finances!!

Your right it certainly did. They signed players who were being offered more money at bigger clubs because of the extra facilities. Then sold them on for profit. Allardyce left when they were 5th in the PL. I bet Bolton fans wish they could turn the clock back.

That's why PB spent the £150,000 he was given on arrival on our training facilities. His view was they work there 5 days a week and it was a S*** hole reeking of decay and would put players off from signing......Including the parents of potential academy players.

Around the same time there was a young 'property developer' chairman who gave his manager £1m to spend on players. The only draw back was he charged the club 10% interest.....wait for it... per month on the loan. With a bit of compound interest I think the debt was about £2.3m after just 12 months. Some on here were jealous of their signings and wanted PB sacked for not doing the same.......You will probably hear their name mentioned quite a lot this season because they are in L1. For now they are known as Bury F.C

I think what it all means is that Theo will go nowhere given injuries/fitness of other forwards. Also he can play wide or in a 433 when they come back (and we are short of players who can play out wide

Clearly we now need player urgently and theres no reason to think Mr Bond is doing anything than his utmost here...I say we need around 4 players in various roles and then, nothing personal here, we can move Theo on as well!..As it stands I see another tough season ahead but football changes quickly so bring it on..COYB

Clearly it doesn't help that we continually sign players with prior injury issues.

Did someone smash a mirror in the medical centre or something? This is getting ****ing ridiculous.
No sorry ive been informed that pror to last season starting RM had the audacity to run over a bus load of chinamen !

Back