• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 3-0 Southend United

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
A good first half for the Blues sadly undone by 7 minutes during the second half.

We all knew it was not going to be a sudden impact where we would become world beaters overnight and I am sure it is as obvious to Maher and Co that changes in the playing staff have to be made and sharpish. Unfortunately you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear and the same problems we have had all season and before that remain.

It is however only the Coaching teams first game in charge so we will have to be patient as they are having to deal with what we have atm. Barring a very few players we have the rest are just not good enough even for the NL league, We have a terrible squad.

Fantastic support again from the 1354 travelling army, the supporters are one constant with our club. Superb.

Over to you guys.

Last edited:
Please give them all time?

Even our 3 fantastic new appointments can't change 3 to 5 years or losing mentality and the rot that's so deep in our club in 4 days.

It is going to be a long hard journey and this is just the start. We may see a different tune from this group of players when they all have time to work with them ?‍♂️

A damp end to the most exciting week at our club for years but I have a buzz again and firmly believe the future is blue ? and very bright ?

Summed up well on the radio - "disappointed, but not shocked". Lots of work for the coaching team to do, but then we knew that

If our support gave us the points each week then we'd be up near the top of the league.

Rather ironic and sad that the football on the pitch has left us at the opposite end.

We need huge changes in the playing squad before our next match vs Boreham.

Certainly not apportioning blame to new set-up. We had a much more positive first half against Daggers compared to teams much less able. However, our shooting and heading must be practised with rugby posts because we cannot keep the ball down. I heard the words "It's Over" so many times, I thought Roy Orbison was commentating!!!

If we had klopp or pep, they wouldn't do much better! These players we have recruited over the summer are to old and past it. We are in for another long season.

There are 5 players + in this first team that should never pay for us again.

The front two just aren't working. Dalby and Murphy just dont work well together.

The two wingers need to be wingers. Egbri and bridge can't defend.

Wholesale changes need to be made

I'm amazed that it hasn't taken Maher & Co 3 days to turn around a team that has been horrendous for 3 seasons, suffered back to back relegations, with a squad of players totally lacking in any confidence after having a manager play the "throw them under the bus" every week routine.

Back