• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dagenham & Redbridge 3-0 Southend United

Speechless
Totally
Speechless

one of the moronic posts I have ever read on here, and there is a lot of competition unfortunately
Another one who likes loosing! Let me guess u have pre orderd your season ticket for the conference south! How on earth can u keep sticking up for this group of players?

Another one who likes loosing! Let me guess u have pre orderd your season ticket for the conference south! How on earth can u keep sticking up for this group of players?
I'm not sure about loosing, but I'm sure most of us don't like losing.

What we need to do as fans is to decide on the best way that we can support and encourage our players. You favour "slagging them off". Others including me favour giving the coaching team time to evaluate and try to improve things where they can.

Pointless verbally caning our own players whilst the ball is rolling. They will not play any better hearing some of the utter twaddle and abuse aimed at either them or the team. The last time i saw Myles Weston before Saturday, was when he ran through the Wycum Wanderers team and dinked it inside to Piggott, here he is years later smashing up our defence, but if you want to try and stop him then start praising whatever Southend player is picking him up, even if you think he's playing cack at the time.
Like it or not, if you think player x is having a nightmare, you GOT to back him. Especially with the position we are in.

It's not happy clapping, it's shouting out well done go on, encouraging to do better. That's the only positive influence we can give to the modern player.

No point in arguing with you as you simply don’t get it and can’t differentiate between not being happy, not rating the players , not thinking some are good enough and it being ok to abuse them at a match.
no one is happy at the moment, abusing them is wrong on so many levels and totally counterproductive. AND is proven to be counterproductive and common sense says it’s counterproductive.
still it makes you feel good and you pay your money and you love Southend so you have the “right “ to do it. And of course there are loads of articles written by players stating how it really helped them in their career……

I’m calling Saturday’s game 0-0 as Arnold would have stopped all 3 and OBL would have scooped all of them dolly drops up in her hairnet.
What the hell was Seaden doing?….sorry but he is useless, had enough chances now to know he will never make it , meanwhile we are losing points!
So useless that he has represented England at under-16 and under-17 level. I really think it is our job as fans to try to find ways to support our players rather than telling them that they are useless and will never make it.

So useless that he has represented England at under-16 and under-17 level. I really think it is our job as fans to try to find ways to support our players rather than telling them that they are useless and will never make it.
Come off it, every one of them goals went through him….not for the first time.
Most important position on the pitch and it needs sorting as sick note Arnold is decent but probably only get 20 matches out of him!

Come off it, every one of them goals went through him….not for the first time.
Most important position on the pitch and it needs sorting as sick note Arnold is decent but probably only get 20 matches out of him!
I'm happy to agree with you that Seadon is not the finished article. I also agree that the situation needs sorting. In my view, he does need to get more minutes on the pitch, possibly by being loaned out. I think it is accepted that goalkeepers develop and mature more slowly than outfield players. He needs more playing experience, he needs to learn more about his craft, and yes, he needs to make his mistakes, as this is often the fastest way to learn.

What I was trying to say was that we should not be getting on his back just because he is not yet ready for the first team. It is also worth remembering that football is a team game and the position of goalkeeper is only the last line of defence. He will therefore only ever be as good as the team in front of him.

Can we agree to give him a chance to learn his trade without too much abuse?

The problem is a keeper is also only as good as the defence he has in front of him. Oxley is now sitting 5th in League Two with Harrogate. And everyone moaned about him here. Our defence is terrible and it has been for years. Hobson has potential but like when we had Thompson he needs a decent partner. If he has a Ferdinand or Turner type partner we could have a better partnership. White and Coulson as a partner for Hobson is not the answer.

Back