• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Especially given the higher stakes after what happened with the Mohsni deal. It must have been in the back of Ron's mind that we'd been somewhere close to this before so well done in this instance for holding out for the right money - albeit subject to whatever conditions have been attached.

Sounds great to me, he was bound to leave. Wonder how much is up front and what the clauses are, guessing promotion is one.

Fair play Uncle Ron a good bit of business.. Refreshingly handled very well by Cresswell, SUFC & Fleetwood

I find that extremely hard to believe. Over £150,000 for Cresswell. I can't help thinking that can only apply once he captains England at the World Cup Finals ...........:blush:

Fair play Uncle Ron a good bit of business.. Refreshingly handled very well by Cresswell, SUFC & Fleetwood

Handled well by Fleetwood and SUFC but unfortunately I cannot agree with Cresswell handling it well. He knew when he signed for us that we were down South. A season over and suddenly he is home sick but oh wait if we sign the right players he may stay.

Great bit of business, don't want to play for Southend because your home sick! Try doing 6 months in afghan when you sometimes you can't even phone home for weeks. That's home sick! You can't physically jump in a car and drive 200 miles home. He earns enough to have a nice car and afford petrol.

I uses to like Cresswell, but unfortunately my opinion of him has dropped massively after this. Not that he would care anyway.

Handled well by Fleetwood and SUFC but unfortunately I cannot agree with Cresswell handling it well. He knew when he signed for us that we were down South. A season over and suddenly he is home sick but oh wait if we sign the right players he may stay.

Great bit of business, don't want to play for Southend because your home sick! Try doing 6 months in afghan when you sometimes you can't even phone home for weeks. That's home sick! You can't physically jump in a car and drive 200 miles home. He earns enough to have a nice car and afford petrol.

I uses to like Cresswell, but unfortunately my opinion of him has dropped massively after this. Not that he would care anyway.

Do we know he said that though? It was reasonably common knowledge towards the end of last season he wanted to go back up north. I think I'd only get the hump if he came down south again and stayed this time.

Do we know he said that though? It was reasonably common knowledge towards the end of last season he wanted to go back up north. I think I'd only get the hump if he came down south again and stayed this time.

He didn't Brown did.

Bit harsh on Cresswell to have a go at him if he is homesick. He has most likely lived with all his friends and family around him and then he moves away from them all without spending any holiday time with them. He probably thought he would be fine, but realised it is tougher than he thought.

Some people can't cope as well as others can. When I moved to Uni (Derby), I was fine and didn't miss home but I know of others that missed their home and parents.

Still believe some of that money will go into getting a couple of players phil brown wants .A very good bit of profit that get a player for nowt and sell on at 100% profit . Not as sad to see him go as some .He wasn't happy down south so to let him go home was a good game plan.

I'm sure every penny will invested in new players.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: :'(

It sounds a great deal on paper, but we'd need to know how it's structured to understand if we'll ever get this money.
An opportunity now for Luke Prosser - surely he and Phillips become 1st choice centre halves? And given that Barker is a safer bet at left back, surely we need to get another central defender in quickly?

To be fair to Ron Martin, he has always seemed to allow the manager to bring in players... there have been a few eyebrow raisers over the last couple of seasons.

The club needs funds, maybe we should use it to pay the wages, taxman and stay out of embargo so we can pick up free agents.

Back