• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

£320m bid for Steven Gerrard

Worth following the Grauniad's live feed from today: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/12/liverpool-fc-rbs-hicks-gillett-john-w-henry

Hicks and Gillett have basically admitted foregoing the agreement that only Broughton could alter the board's structure, but alledge an earlier breach of agreement by entertaining offers without H&G's consult. They're basically throwing dirt, trying to push for a later hearing.

Just now, The QC acting on behalf of H&G has dismissed Friday's deadline with RBS, claiming that they're locked into an agreement until November 1.

So, Err, Hicks is being exposed as something of a compulsive liar, here...

3.28pm: Lord Grabiner says correspondence between board and owner prove that H&G knew of the meeting on 5 October and instead they simply refused to turn up and not, as their QC says, that they were excluded from it by the "sub-committee".

Lord Grabiner describes the owners as "slippery" because they wanted a one week adjournment to that meeting knowing full well that NESV's deadline for their offer to expired on 5 October.

Also, Hicks had a lawyer, Bruce Toth, listening to that meeting via telephone as an observer, destroying their argument that they were excluded from that crucial meeting.

3.08pm: In Hicks's letter/witness statement to the court he writes that during telephone meeting the board had at the start of last week (the one which broke down at adjournment), Hicks Jr was involved. Lord Grabiner questions why this happened as "Hicks Minor" is not on the board.

Quite funny that H&G referred to this "sub-committee" as "The Home Team" in a set of emails that was then accidentally sent to Broughton, too...

Oops, this could make it interesting...

4.04pm: JUDGE SAYS IT WOULD BE A "LITTLE AMBITIOUS" FOR THE CASE TO BE SETTLED BY FRIDAY. (In reply to Broughton's QC saying board would desperately like a verdict by then).

RBS label H&G's claims that they actually have an agreement until November 1 as ********.

Judgement due 10:30am tomorrow...

I'll probably get canned for saying this, but, it does make me feel a little bit better about having Ron as our chairman!

H & G loosing this case which although they may try to drag it on they ultimately will is good news for Liverpool and English football.
Will probably need to amend the title of this thread soon..

Just need Man U to be successful in getting rid of the Glaziers who are racking up some financial losses’ at OT at the moment

H & G loosing this case which although they may try to drag it on they ultimately will is good news for Liverpool and English football.
Will probably need to amend the title of this thread soon..

Just need Man U to be successful in getting rid of the Glaziers who are racking up some financial losses’ at OT at the moment

What difference does it make replacing Hicks and Gilette with another lot of Americans trying to turn a profit?

What difference does it make replacing Hicks and Gilette with another lot of Americans trying to turn a profit?

Indeed... Although, admittedly, this particular chap appears to know how to run a sporting franchise given his relative success with the Red Sox and Nascar.

I mean, anybody who can make a success out of cars driving around a circular track must know a few shades of business. I imagine the constantly repetitive tediousness of Nascar isn't a million miles away from watching Uncle Woy's Welegation Thweatened Wiverpool, either...

Well to start with it will save the club over 30 miilion a year in interest payments as the club was sold to H & G who then lied and lied again to heap
debt on the club. Deal needs to be complered but J. W. Henry seems to be a more genuine guy going from his track record who is unlike H & G popular
with the fans at the clubs he has been invloved with.

Having seen some of your post's I think you might be a closset Man U fan
Am I wrong ?

I think that may be a little harsh but there are parts of Yorkshire and more specifically
Leeds where they would think that is a good idea !.

Well to start with it will save the club over 30 miilion a year in interest payments as the club was sold to H & G who then lied and lied again to heap
debt on the club. Deal needs to be complered but J. W. Henry seems to be a more genuine guy going from his track record who is unlike H & G popular
with the fans at the clubs he has been invloved with.

Having seen some of your post's I think you might be a closset Man U fan
Am I wrong ?

Eh? I've never been accused of that before.

Delighting in Liverpool's misfortune is a perfectly natural response for anyone who's had to endure deluded Liverpool fans - which is everyone who grew up in the 80s (Liverpool seem to be as ubiquitious as the Man U fans in Surrey) or has endured Match of the Day with their panel of ex-Liverpool players who refuse to say anything critical about their club or indeed their players and the media treat them as Premier$hite Royalty, despite the fact that they've done **** all in the Premier$hite.

And for the record, the only football club outside of Southend United that I want to win is whoever is playing W*** H**.

To be fair, I'd want United to win every game, as it'd mean Chelsea and their crop of detestable ****stains wouldn't win the title at the end of the season.

Back