• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News ?⚪️?⚪️?⚪️?⚪️?⚪️ I'm Back!

What’s to stop you putting your boots on Stan? A couple of weeks to get match fit. You’re still young enough.

Shameless self plug for my friendly tomorrow and first league game of the season Monday evening ?

Saw Stan at Oxford, drab game and looked 0.0 all day. Then up stepped Stan, in the opposition’s half, seemed no threat and then Wam Bam thank you mam, 1.0. I had two bored little boys with me and I said, see that man there, he’ll play for England one day.

1. The job title is clear. Strategy. If you took time to watch 2 hour plus YouTube zoom videos you'd see that because of the perilous situation the club is in, it needed TLC across several areas. Football ( recruitment, scouting), Media ( clear communication with supporters), Community ( supporting the exceptional work Community and Trust are doing), Commercial (rebuilding in many cases broken business relationships). Hence Strategy title.

2. As for being manipulated by anyone, I've managed quite well dealing in this industry for 30 years, so I guarantee you there's zero chance of being manipulated by anyone.

3. The role has been devised ( which has why it's taken so long) so that I can give Southend United complete attention with other commitments doable. Southend United will get every second they need to get the job done.

4. There doesn't need to be a new department set up. I have every administrative tool available ( bar a club email address that is forthcoming). Meetings, schedules, calendars all arranged by me and me alone. Men can multi-task.

5. You missed the positive first half against Borehamwood ( top of the league) to run alongside the Dover performance. Anyone from Sunday League to Premier League will tell you that confidence comes from performance and results. They are coming so maybe be comforted by that?

I'm happy to show you communication with dozens of clubs, all positive to the end of furnishing Kev and the boys with plenty of options, invite you to Roots Hall to see how I interact with community and trust ( I went in yesterday and told the how important they are and how proud we are of them), to join a meeting with the football staff or Ron or Tom to listen to the clarity and transparency you ask for and to come with me next week across this country to meet representatives from clubs who can potentially help us move quickly towards our goal which is going north out of this league.

Scepticism, bring it on, I'm working on the best dates for supporters groups to meet at the Blue Boar or anywhere else which is easy to access for a monthly face to face. Bring your scepticism to a meeting, have a fist full of questions and ask them, so that your need for transparency can be satisfied.

You've got a Southend United supporting CEO.
You've got a Southend United legend as Head Coach, supported by not one, but 2 very capable men.
You've got a former player now making sure that across club cohesion is at the core of a long term plan which, when working properly will make everyone from you to Ron very happy.

So get involved in any way you can to support your football club moving forward because we need you.

Every month, in Southend at a supporters choice of venue I'll be there to answer questions openly, transparently and for as long as you like.

Stan
Thank you Stan, I very much appreciate your detailed and thorough response which has answered most of my doubts. It is rare indeed to experience this sort of communication between the executive and supporters. Having supported this club since 1960 and witnessed many ups and downs I am sure you appreciate that scepticism is an inevitable consequence of myriad disappointments over the years. However, let us hope that this is indeed a new beginning and that your input will bear fruit in the fullness of time. I am sure it will not be for lack of endeavour on your part as your commitment has been so fully expressed. Thanks again.

1. The job title is clear. Strategy. If you took time to watch 2 hour plus YouTube zoom videos you'd see that because of the perilous situation the club is in, it needed TLC across several areas. Football ( recruitment, scouting), Media ( clear communication with supporters), Community ( supporting the exceptional work Community and Trust are doing), Commercial (rebuilding in many cases broken business relationships). Hence Strategy title.

2. As for being manipulated by anyone, I've managed quite well dealing in this industry for 30 years, so I guarantee you there's zero chance of being manipulated by anyone.

3. The role has been devised ( which has why it's taken so long) so that I can give Southend United complete attention with other commitments doable. Southend United will get every second they need to get the job done.

4. There doesn't need to be a new department set up. I have every administrative tool available ( bar a club email address that is forthcoming). Meetings, schedules, calendars all arranged by me and me alone. Men can multi-task.

5. You missed the positive first half against Borehamwood ( top of the league) to run alongside the Dover performance. Anyone from Sunday League to Premier League will tell you that confidence comes from performance and results. They are coming so maybe be comforted by that?

I'm happy to show you communication with dozens of clubs, all positive to the end of furnishing Kev and the boys with plenty of options, invite you to Roots Hall to see how I interact with community and trust ( I went in yesterday and told the how important they are and how proud we are of them), to join a meeting with the football staff or Ron or Tom to listen to the clarity and transparency you ask for and to come with me next week across this country to meet representatives from clubs who can potentially help us move quickly towards our goal which is going north out of this league.

Scepticism, bring it on, I'm working on the best dates for supporters groups to meet at the Blue Boar or anywhere else which is easy to access for a monthly face to face. Bring your scepticism to a meeting, have a fist full of questions and ask them, so that your need for transparency can be satisfied.

You've got a Southend United legend as Head Coach, supported by not one, but 2 very capable men.
You've got a former player now making sure that across club cohesion is at the core of a long term plan which, when working properly will make everyone from you to Ron very happy.

So get involved in any way you can to support your football club moving forward because we need you.

Every month, in Southend at a supporters choice of venue I'll be there to answer questions openly, transparently and for as long as you like.

Stan
Southend United supporters everywhere are pinching themselves right now thinking "this can't be my club, we've never had so much clarity and professionalism!"

Appreciate everything Stan and wishing you the very best of luck in your official role. UTB! :LoyalSupporter:

Stan
Top stuff Stan.

By other commitments are we talking family, media or other commercial?

How can we as fans help?

Quite agree. RM is very skilful at manipulating the gullible and this is a masterstroke. The euphoria and over inflated expectations expressed on here shows that he has quite clearly, succeeded, but when you start to dig into this appointment, what does it actually mean. The job title is nebulous and vague, we don't know if it's a part time or full time appointment (is SC going to relinquish his media commitments and relocate to Southend?). Is there going to be a new department for Strategy as his job title 'senior' implies? In the interests of that much vaunted 'transparency' perhaps we can be told. In the meantime it might be a good idea to wait and see the results of the next sequence of fixtures before jumping to conclusions after one good result against the punchbags of the league.

Just want to pick up on one point you made, regarding relocation. In the first zoom call posted on here with Stan this season, he said he was renting his house out in the midlands and lived in the South East, within an hour of Roots Hall, for a while, due to his media role. Therefore, he has no need to relocate, as I would expect a lot of people on here and certainly in the Southend area commute roughly an hour to work, especially if you are London based workwise. Obviously, before Covid there would be more, but still a substantial number post Covid.

Also I hope everyone on hear appreciates your balanced response to Stan's answer to your post. there is nothing wrong with having reservations in life. But when those reservations are answered clearly and concisely, it is good practise to take it on board and give any new process a go. That is clearly what you have done and I for one applaud you for it.

Last edited:
RM will want to make progress in his world sooner rather than later. Maybe he thinks having the fans on board, having someone they would listen to with respect would help if he, for example, decided the best way forward would be to ground share just for a couple of years so that work could start on the RH development whilst waiting for the new stadium to come to fruition.
This can't actually happen. It is a condition of planning consent, in writing and agreed in the Section 106 agreement, which needs to be signed to the satisfaction of both parties before any building can commence. Roots Hall cannot be demolished before Fossetts Farm is operational.

This can't actually happen. It is a condition of planning consent, in writing and agreed in the Section 106 agreement, which needs to be signed to the satisfaction of both parties before any building can commence. Roots Hall cannot be demolished before Fossetts Farm is operational.
Thank you

No, dont agree.
Ron's a business man.
He could see his business (sufc) failing, his employees (fans) are up In arms.
He has a huge investment in his business (sufc) and can see it going down the drain,
going bust.
So he has done what all business men would do, and that is to employ staff he know what they are doing. And that is Stan, Tom, Kev.
It is what is known as ****e or bust.
Agree with the points I've bolded.

This is cynical…but maybe has an element of truth to it. Bringing back Stan, Kevin and Mark who are all quite rightfully considered Southend legends and add into that Darren Currie who was the fans favourite for the position is surely not coincidental to bring some good feeling back to the club. But is there anything particularly wrong with that? Get the fans back focussing on the football, add former players into the club who will work harder than outsiders, who will want more than anything to be a success is a brilliant thing.

So now we have a club which has gone from having a toxic negative feel to a real feel good mentality and with the right sort of people in positions to take the pressure and responsibility away from non football people. I’m sold. Let’s just hope it lasts and they are given the right sort of time and support they need.

Agreed.

Last edited:
That's fair enough.BTW I forgot to add that I wished Stan all the luck in the world.FWIW,I think he'll need it.

Agree with the points I've bolded.

Quie happy with TUIB. Thanks.

He might just walk though at some point.

If only there was a multi quote function to prevent the need to post 5 times in a row.

Fantastic news Stan and my very best wishes to you from Bonnie Scotland (us Shrimpers are everywhere)

Back