• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News ?⚪️SUPPORTERS MEETING January 2022 ?⚪️

I’m not concerned about that. I think they’ve probably learned their lesson from previous times. How many times have they officially announced dates and nothing has happened. Hopefully they’re saving it up for the day we break ground and work actually starts.

I’m staying optimistic.
I see what your saying and I'd usually agree but, unfortunately, with Ron at the helm of this we'd be naive to think he is capable of being as well organised as your suggesting. I admire your optimism but we're just not that club, anything to do with Ron, which this is, will always be a mess. I truly up I'm wrong but a leopard doesn't change his spots, he's decades of history of that.

Because people have been asked not to speculate. And people are speculating.

Indeed, and Cricko locked the old thread about this last time when Stan mentioned that he did not want to be the subject of chatter and speculation.

It is strange, however since then he has made a few Southend-related tweets so his connection is likely not totally severed. I doubt anyone other than the main man will tell us anything though, so maybe it is wise not to work ourselves into a lather about it just yet.

Indeed, and Cricko locked the old thread about this last time when Stan mentioned that he did not want to be the subject of chatter and speculation.

It is strange, however since then he has made a few Southend-related tweets so his connection is likely not totally severed. I doubt anyone other than the main man will tell us anything though, so maybe it is wise not to work ourselves into a lather about it just yet.
Sorry, I've been dealing with a phone hacking case in the last 3 weeks. I'm suing several media outlets along with 100 others for illegal hacking. That said I've been on top of everything in my remit 100%.

Generally all is 99% fine. A couple of issues that are important to me and I believe health of the club regarding quality corporate communication but we're talking only 6 months into a project so it's very much "progress not perfection".

Job title is on LinkedIn, Twitter has always been used for punditry, politics, mental health so I felt it important to seperate my personal feed with a work profile which is on LinkedIn. Proof woukd be that nobody I work for is on my twitter profile.

100% committed to the club!

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been dealing with a phone hacking case in the last 3 weeks. I'm suing several media outlets along with 100 others for illegal hacking. That said I've been on top of everything in my remit 100%.

Generally all is 99% fine. A couple of issues that are important to me and I believe health of the club and quality corporate communication but we're talking only 6 months into a project so it's very much "progress not perfection".

Jin title is on LinkedIn, Twitter has always been used for punditry, politics, mental health so I felt it important to seperate my personal feed with a work profile which is on LinkedIn. Proof woukd be that nobody I work for is on my twitter profile.

Thanks for clarifying @StanCollymore - glad to hear all is 99% fine (that's not too bad!) - here's to three points tonight. UTB

Generally all is 99% fine. A couple of issues that are important to me and I believe health of the club and quality corporate communication but we're talking only 6 months into a project so it's very much "progress not perfection".

Jin title is on LinkedIn, Twitter has always been used for punditry, politics, mental health so I felt it important to seperate my personal feed with a work profile which is on LinkedIn. Proof woukd be that nobody I work for is on my twitter profile.

good to hear ....the SUFC bit not the hacking ! which is terrible....

1. Phone hacking? FFS. Hope you and the others get justice.

2. Rome wasn't built in a day, but glad there is progress...

3. That's what we all do, isn't it? My Twitter and LinkedIn are certainly separate. Nice one SVC.

4. Get in!

We are on a long exciting journey which Stan will be an integral part of the SUFC family.

If anything it shows we noticed something wasn't quite right and people cared.

Great news, keep up the passion Stan! ?

Generally all is 99% fine. A couple of issues that are important to me and I believe health of the club regarding quality corporate communication but we're talking only 6 months into a project so it's very much "progress not perfection".

Job title is on LinkedIn, Twitter has always been used for punditry, politics, mental health so I felt it important to seperate my personal feed with a work profile which is on LinkedIn. Proof woukd be that nobody I work for is on my twitter profile.

and there its is panic over. Thanks for update and sorry to hear about the media hacking stuff. Keep the good times coming mate

Sorry, I've been dealing with a phone hacking case in the last 3 weeks. I'm suing several media outlets along with 100 others for illegal hacking.
Never understood the obsession of gathering someone's private info to sell a paper.

Suppose they cannot let anything get in the way of a good story eh? Hope justice is served.

Thank you Stan for confirming that. For the last few years Blues fans have had utter crap to put up with so I am sure you the many concerns the catalyst that started the transformation to 99% fine from 100% dogshite is still in the house. See it through Stan and I can see the Collymore Stand emblazoned on the front of one side at Fossets.

I'm glad that's been put to bed then. I think everyone's just waiting for Ron to pee everyone off enough for them to move on, he loves a bit of drama.

Back