• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Somerset Ex-TTB

Members
That is all we have mustered. How we are still 3rd I will never know. If other teams win there games in hand we only have a 7 point cushion for the play-offs, and possibly be 7 or 8 points off the top.

How the hell can people call this a blip.

The 3 games we have won in that time were against an out of form 10 man Wimbledon, a Port Vale team missing about 9 first team players and the worst team in the League in Northampton.

Unless this run of form turns around Monday I can see us missing out on the play-offs.

Ive just done some number crunching using the last 10 league games for the current top 7 sides & its not pretty reading..:'(

Taking an average of points gained goals scored / conceded over those 10 games & applying it to the remaining fixtures for all seven you get this:-

Swindon 96 +47
Crawley 91 +37
Cheltenham 91 +28
Torquay 91 +19
Shrewsbury 89 +33
Southend 72 +21
Oxford 68 +20

Last year Chesterfield topped with 86pts & +34 goals down to Stevenage 7th with 69pts & +17, so maybe my stats are a bit off, but I think what it does show is our rivals around us are going to fare much better than we are if PS doesnt do some arse kicking soon..:'(

It's a blip.

:smile:

Why if we don't win on Monday will it cost us promotion? We could win the next five and still lose out on promotion...

But we wont because we are definitely good enough to come out of this rut and start winning again.

By the way I'm taking lessons on perspective if anybody wants a few lessons.

:winking:

It was inevitable, alot of the wins in the early part of the season were pretty fortunate. 41 points from 18 games was astonishing really when we weren't that good. With our level of perfomance throughout the season, 53 from 29 is still an excellent return. I dont think we are that bad to miss out on the play offs, that would really be amazing. We do have to improve though.

Why if we don't win on Monday will it cost us promotion? We could win the next five and still lose out on promotion...

I never said it would for definite, but games are starting to run out. That would then be 12 points from 12 games. Yes we could go on another run similar to the first 18 games of the season and pick up 40 points from the last 17 games, however the longer this "blip" goes on the harder it is going to be to turn it around.

We've been punching above our weight, it's as simple as that..... We'll be in the play offs at most but won't go up.

Back