• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jim Stannard, Warren May (sub. Micky Engwell), Glenn Pennyfather, Danny O’Shea, Shane Westley, Steve Hatter, Paul Clark (sub.Terry Pryer), Frank Lampard, Richard Cadette, Dean Neal and Roy McDonough

And to think people complain about the current squad.

Jim Stannard, Warren May (sub. Micky Engwell), Glenn Pennyfather, Danny O’Shea, Shane Westley, Steve Hatter, Paul Clark (sub.Terry Pryer), Frank Lampard, Richard Cadette, Dean Neal and Roy McDonough

Eight players there who, at their peak, would walk into our current team. Unfortunately a couple of them were past their peak before they joined.

Terry Pryer ? That sent me reaching for the record books. I had no recollection of him whatsoever.

Eight players there who, at their peak, would walk into our current team. Unfortunately a couple of them were past their peak before they joined.

I suppose that's like Freddy thinking he can walk about in our first team games because he was good at his peak 7 years ago.

Still, imagine how good our current team would be with Eastwood and Harris at their peak up front and Coughlan and Barker at the back.

Can remember the FRT game against Northampton the 683 crowd included about 150 away fans!
Mind you the next game against Northampton only a few months later the crowd was 7,412.

I suppose that's like Freddy thinking he can walk about in our first team games because he was good at his peak 7 years ago.

Still, imagine how good our current team would be with Eastwood and Harris at their peak up front and Coughlan and Barker at the back.

Nice... Championship level there...

Don't forget PS :winking:

6/7 players there,who,comparatively speaking for what they gave at their time, I would gladly swap for the player we currently have in their position.

I remember that match with 683 fans! It actually took place in March 1986 and not January, it must've been a re-arranged game after we were knocked out of the group stage hence the lack of interest.

I remember that match with 683 fans! It actually took place in March 1986 and not January, it must've been a re-arranged game after we were knocked out of the group stage hence the lack of interest.

Northampton FRT game was 13th Feb 1986 according to SUFC Database. Our next home game after this match was the Halifax game attendance 1,006 our lowest ever league crowd. (Although for some reason SUFC Database has the Northampton crowd as 1,364 which is wrong).

Was at both; wonder how many other people were at both our highest and lowest crowds at Roots Hall. I'd guess about 600 !!

Probably much less than 600 as about 150 at Northampton game were away fans. I went to Northampton game but not Liverpool match.

Anybody know how many games we played at the Old Roots Hall?

After we've played our 1,500th game on Satrurday, exactly 1% (15) will have been against Stockport. So far we have 6 wins, 6 draws and a couple of defeats, scoring just 18 goals but conceding only 11.

"As a result the 1,500th fan through the turnstile on Saturday will be invited, along with their guest, to watch Blues historic FA Cup first round match from the comfort of the directors box as well enjoy pre-match drinks in the Platinum Suite."

Sounds difficult to adjudicate with all the different turnstiles which seem barely capable of reading season cards let alone keeping a simultaneous running total !!

"As a result the 1,500th fan through the turnstile on Saturday will be invited, along with their guest, to watch Blues historic FA Cup first round match from the comfort of the directors box as well enjoy pre-match drinks in the Platinum Suite."

Sounds difficult to adjudicate with all the different turnstiles which seem barely capable of reading season cards let alone keeping a simultaneous running total !!

Might be someone from Stockport.

Back