• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
Coventry City

Full Name:
Coventry City Football Club
Founded: 1883
Nickname: The Sky Blues
Ground: The Ricoh Arena - 32,609 Capacity
Manager: Tony Mowbray
2014-15 Season: SkyBet League One - 17th

We've Met Before

First Time: 14th November 1926 - Southend 3-1 Coventry

Last Time: 30th December 2006 - Coventry 1-1 Southend

Last Time - More Details

Coventry - Marshall, Whing, Page, Hall, Ward, Birchall (Adebola 71'), Doyle, Hughes (Osbourne 74'), Currie, Kyle, McKenzie (Tabb 77') - UNUSED SUBS: A.Virgo, C.Cameron

Southend - Flahavan, Hunt, Barrett, Hammell, Clarke, Campbell-Ryce, Gower, Maher, McCormack (Francis 81'), Bradbury, Harrold (Eastwood 68') - UNUSED SUBS: J.Welch, A.Riera, G.Hooper

Head-to-Head

Coventry Wins: 18
Draws: 11
Southend Wins: 17

Played For/Been At Both

Freddy Eastwood, Leon Clarke, Peter Clarke, Jonson Clarke-Harris, Cameron Belford, Gary Deegan, Paul Furlong, Shaun Goater, Matt Heath, Franck Moussa, Roy O'Donovan, Lee Sawyer

Current Squad:

GK: Lee Burge, Reice Charles-Cook

DEF: Cian Harris, Ryan Haynes, Reda Johnson, Dion Kelly-Evans, Aaron Martin, Aaron Phillips, Sam Ricketts, Chris Stokes, Jordan Willis

MID: Jack Finch, John Fleck, Devon Kelly-Evans, Ivor Lawton, James Maddison, Jim O'Brien, Kyle Spence, Ben Stevenson, Danny Swanton, Conor Thomas, Romain Vincelot

FWD: George Thomas, Marcus Tudgay

Fact

Coventry were formed in 1883, as "Singers FC", before changing their name to Coventry City in 1898.

When do we play them?

Home: 23rd January 2016
Away: 29th August 2015

Odds (SkyBet)

Champions: 25/1
Promotion: 15/2
Top Half Finish: 1/1
Bottom Half Finish: 4/5
Relegation: 11/2

2015-16 Kits

Home
coventry_city_2015-2016-1st.gif

Away

coventry_city_2015-2016-2nd.gif

Kit Images: Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission

Last edited:
I can never see the pictures of the kits in these reviews. Black box with white X for me. Anyone else in the same boat?

I can never see the pictures of the kits in these reviews. Black box with white X for me. Anyone else in the same boat?

I can't see the pictures either - just a blank space.

I presume "Singers F.C." was because of the cars rather than the sewing machines. Anyone know?

Always quite liked Coventry after their F.A. Cup win - perhaps the last F.A.Cup final that I really, really enjoyed - mind you I don't think I have watched any for the last 10 years or so. :sad:

I remember the last time we played them, went to the Ricoh got smashed and they did the best Chicken Balti pies I've had.

I'm not sure what the deal with the kit images is to be honest, when I'm writing the previews, the images are there, yet when I post them, they aren't there, I'm getting this problem too...

I'm not sure what the deal with the kit images is to be honest, when I'm writing the previews, the images are there, yet when I post them, they aren't there, I'm getting this problem too...

I don't know whether this will help, but sometimes if I post an image and just 'copy' it from the source I get the black box and X when I preview. If I save the image and then upload it from the laptop it's ok.

That's what I was going to say, although Harold starting over Hooper made me chuckle a tad. Look at the difference in the pair of them now. lol

Is it that Hooper and Francis are now in the top division with Norwich and Bournemouth? Harold is presumably in Division 4 with Crawley.

If you are using an image from another website, you don't click on 'copy' or 'copy image' as you need the image URL to put between the

Interesting to see, for such a big club, not a huge squad ( 24 ) at this stage and similar to us only brought in 2 players since 1st June. only 2 forwards on the book as well currently, and lots of double barrelled names. Made me wonder if we could fill a team from past and present with double barrellers, but that's another thread for another time maybe.

Going back more than a bit,of course but under "played for/been at both " a useful CH whom we signed from Chelsea was an important,successful manager at Highfield Road....Alan Dicks.

If you are using an image from another website, you don't click on 'copy' or 'copy image' as you need the image URL to put between the tags. So when you right click on the image, select 'copy image URL' instead.[/QUOTE]

Done this. I can now see the kits on the initial post :thumbsup:

Can everyone else?

Same for me. Is it because they are being hotlinked from the site? Maybe use something like Tinypic to rehost them?

Apart from that goodstuff :thumbsup:

Played For/Been At Both

Freddy Eastwood, Leon Clarke, Peter Clarke, Jonson Clarke-Harris, Cameron Belford, Gary Deegan, Paul Furlong, Shaun Goater, Matt Heath, Franck Moussa, Roy O'Donovan, Lee Sawyer

Plus Mike Marsh, Martyn Booty, Gordon Nutt, Jack Randle, Derek Hall, and Gavin Strachan

Plus Harry Warren managed both, whilst Alan Dicks played for us and was assistant under Jimmy Hill at Coventry.

I presume "Singers F.C." was because of the cars rather than the sewing machines. Anyone know?

wikipedia's great

When originally founded in 1883 by William Stanley (football manager) who was the manager and secretary for two years and also play in center-forward position. The rest of the team were employees of a cycle manufacturer Singer, the club was known by the name of that company, Singers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singer_Motors

wikipedia's great

When originally founded in 1883 by William Stanley (football manager) who was the manager and secretary for two years and also play in center-forward position. The rest of the team were employees of a cycle manufacturer Singer, the club was known by the name of that company, Singers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singer_Motors

Thanks. Presumably that cycle manufacturer then turned their hand to making cars.

Back