• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
Gillingham FC

Full Name: Gillingham Football Club
Founded: 1893
Nickname: The Gills
Ground: The "MEMS" Priestfield Stadium - 11,582 Capacity
Manager: Justin Edinburgh
2014-15 Season: SkyBet League One - 12th

We've Met Before

First Time: 25th March 1921 - Gillingham 1-1 Southend - Division Three (South)

Last Time: 1st January 2013 - Southend 0-1 Gillingham - NPower League Two

Last Time - More Details

Southend - P.Smith, Clohessy, Cresswell, Mkandawire (Donnelly 80'), Prosser, Barker, Timlin, Laird (Corr 46'), Assombalonga (Eastwood 75'), Hurst, Tomlin - UNUSED SUBS: Bentley, Phillips, Straker, Martin

Gillingham - Nelson, Fish, Barrett, Frampton, Martin, Payne, Legge, Weston, Whelpdale (GOAL 3' - Lee 63'), Burton (Jackman 64'), Birchall (Kedwell 86') - UNUSED SUBS: Forecast, Davies, Allen, Dack

Head-to-Head

Gillingham Wins: 42
Draws: 26
Southend Wins: 38

Played For/Been At Both

Adam Barrett, Myles Weston, Kevin Maher, Mark Bentley, Garry Richards, Justin Edinburgh, John Egan, Sean Clohessy, Neil Harris, Duncan Jupp, Efe Sodje, Mervyn Cawston, Antonio German, Mark Stimson, Tommy Black, Jimmy Corbett, Kelvin Jack, Gavin Tomlin, James Walker, Andy Ansah, Scott Vernon, Glenn Morris

Current Squad:

GK: Stuart Nelson, Glenn Morris, Tom Hadler

DEF: Ryan Jackson, Bradley Garmston, John Egan, Max Ehmer, Callum Davies, Josh Hare

MID: Jordan Houghton (on loan from Chelsea), Doug Loft, Jake Hessenthaler, Jermaine McGlashan, Aaron Morris, Josh Pritchard, Bradley Dack, Brennan Dickenson, Emmanuel Osadebe

FWD: Ben Williamson, Cody McDonald, Rory Donnelly, Luke Norris, Aaron Millbank

Fact

The film "The Shouting Men" is about a group of Gillingham fans who travel to Newcastle for an FA Cup game after beating Southend in the previous round. John Barnes & Peter Beardsley both make cameo appearances.

When do we play them?

Home: 19th March 2016
Away: 24th October 2015

Odds (SkyBet)

Champions: 40/1
Promotion: 14/1
Top Half Finish: 6/4
Bottom Half Finish: 8/15
Relegation: 100/30

2015-16 Kits

Home
Gillingham_2014-2015-1st.gif
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Gillingham/images/Gillingham_2014-2015-1st.gif

Away

Gillingham_2014-2015-2nd.gif
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Gillingham/images/Gillingham_2014-2015-2nd.gif

Third

Gillingham_2014-2015-3rd.gif
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Gillingham/images/Gillingham_2014-2015-3rd.gif

Links are included if (once again) you can't see the images!

Kit Images:
Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Not only can I not see the shirts, I get this when I click the link:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /Gillingham/images/Gillingham_2014-2015-2nd.gif on this server.

Apache Server at www.historicalkits.co.uk Port 80

Does the home kit look like this?

Gillingham_2014-2015-1st.gif

Am I right in thinking Gillingham had a 2 year home kit? Mark Stewart would be pleased

Also played for both teams:

Andy Thomson, Jim Stannard (he set a record for the lowest number of goals conceded in a 46-match season in the Football League, when he let in just 20 goals in the 1995–96 season), Derek Woodley, Leon Johnson, Dave Martin (the better one), Simon Royce, Mick Bodley (spent two months on loan at Gillingham, whose supporters made a £2,500 donation to the club in an attempt to fund the player's stay for a third month a fruitless gesture, as the player joined Birmingham City five days later, also on loan, as cover for injuries and suspensions among the defence), Joe Jacques (died only aged 36), Martin Robinson, Derek Bellotti, Steve Brown, Paul Clark, Keith Lindsey, Dave Whitelaw, Errol Crossan, Paul Smith (midfielder, with over 300 games for the Gills), Stuart Bombhead Thurgood, Peter Hunt, Ken Price (1 appearance for us, over 200 for Gillingham), Andy Ford, Guy Butters (one of my favourite centre-backs growing up), Andy Smilie (has a cafe in Southend), Harry Randle (pre-war), Kenny Brown (rubbish full back on loan from West Ham), Adrian Owers, and least but not least, Fred Cheesmur, who while playing for Gillingham in a match against Merthyr Town on 26 April 1930, he scored six goals, a club record haul for a single match at a professional level which stands to this day.

Anyone else think we had a better team in 2013 when we lost to them, than we have now:'(

Our defence is better.

Bentley is better than P.Smith,
White is not far off Clohessy,
Barrett looks likeCresswell,
Prosser is better than Prosser was (as is Bolger)
Coker is better than Barker,

Hard to beat Assombalonga up front though.

Hurst was better, but we now have Worrall to make up for that.

We also have unknown quantities like Wordsworth.

Gillingham started to perform extremely well once Edinburgh arrived last season. Have strengthened significantly since with Edinburgh bringing in 6 pretty good signings in past 4 weeks. Now look likely to finish in top 10, so odds are surprisingly poor against them. I would be very surprised if we beat them.

Lets not forget to add in the great David Crown. I saw him score against us in his briefer spell with the Gills , but loved him scoring for us when we were 1 nil down in around the 91 st minute and we went on to win 2-1. I was packed in with Gillingham fans and a few Gillingham mates and couldn't resist leaping up and down like a lunatic. I thought I saw tears in Gills fans eyes as well as significant anger and disbelief, and one friend found it difficult to walk home and struggled with my constant laughter!! Brilliant

Back