• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry, should have mentioned that Cox is the only one that doesn't need striker training. He blasts them in for fun at training. Ranger wasn't too bad. McLaughlin is the best out of the wingers. Mooney is O.K. one on one against a goalie, but shooting generally poor. Lenny is the best at long shots. All the rest are woeful. Williams is crying out for striker training.

Harry Kyp looks impressive in training with his finishing, better than some of the forwards.

If a professional player doesn't know what he's done wrong if he fails to get his knee over the ball, then there is no point in coaching him.

50 years old Im told is the new thirty, but a 50/50 chance of signing someone for Southend is the new 2%. As you get older you regress, I blame the grandchildren, as my vocabularly has gone back to saying Willy, Bum , poo a lot ( trust the filter doesnt intervene or most of my posts will now be banished ) and worse still I laugh my socks off

yes just heard that on BBC Essex, zip it Philip..... Talk when it's 100%.... As 99% have fallen through..
Don't worry Philip, Rigsby loves you, he really does.

Thanks New Troll. By the way when did you do your under 9's coaching badge.

We could keep it open, so we have a ready made one for next summer :cool:

Desperate for a striking coach, we can all see.... Head and knee over the ball is needed ... Like 7NB said, they are leaning back.... Not good.
Your so right .I was telling my son look at them shooting in warm up most don't hit threw the ball and bend there foot also learning back and not over the top ..king has the best finishing crazy

So any views now on the summer transfers that were concluded by the club?

I remember quotes along the lines of the club being a joke and comments about the manager too.

Anyway, here we are January 2017 and the dust has settled. Bury were lauded last season as being a club that was going places (just off the relegation zone by goal difference) and Port Vale were also a team to be envied ......... except their manager has just left and they are 15th in the table. The other club often praised is Peterborough and they are level with us in the league.

Perhaps summer 2017 was quite the disaster it was made out to be by some on here?

... Not forgetting Gillingham, of course, who got some signings in we could only dream of and managed to offer Bradley * I'm laughing as I type this * Dack a very good contract! :smile:

Back