• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Perhaps the Carabiner Cup - something to latch onto isn't it?

The Football League must be desperate ........... and at the same time rather brilliant - I can't understand how they (and the F.A.) manage to find companies like this (and Budshite and Coca-*****) who have absolutely nothing to do with English football and the heritage and tradition that goes with it ........... and convince them that their product is compatable with English football. Quite unbelievable.

Perhaps the Carabiner Cup - something to latch onto isn't it?

The Football League must be desperate ........... and at the same time rather brilliant - I can't understand how they (and the F.A.) manage to find companies like this (and Budshite and Coca-*****) who have absolutely nothing to do with English football and the heritage and tradition that goes with it ........... and convince them that their product is compatable with English football. Quite unbelievable.

If we're looking for companies who can tick this mythical 'heritage and tradition' box....well, I think Butka, Watney and Littlewoods aren't quite the players they used to be.

Well we are seeded for the first round.

South – Seeds

1. Aston Villa
2. Birmingham City
3. Brentford
4. Bristol City
5. Bristol Rovers
6. Cardiff City
7. Charlton Athletic
8. Fulham
9. Ipswich Town
10. Millwall
11. Milton Keynes Dons
12. Norwich City
13. Oxford United
14. Peterborough United
15. Queens Park Rangers
16. Reading
17. Southend United
18. Wolverhampton Wanderers

Non south seeds

19. AFC Wimbledon
20. Barnet
21. Cambridge United
22. Cheltenham Town
23. Colchester United
24. Crawley Town
25. Exeter City
26. Forest Green Rovers
27. Gillingham
28. Luton Town
29. Newport County
30. Northampton Town
31. Plymouth Argyle
32. Portsmouth
33. Stevenage
34. Swindon Town
35. Wycombe Wanderers
36. Yeovil Town

At home to a 4th Division side would be okay with me ............ progressing to the 2nd round would be a significant milestone for Southend United given our history.

When was the last time we made it through the 1st round?

At home to a 4th Division side would be okay with me ............ progressing to the 2nd round would be a significant milestone for Southend United given our history.

When was the last time we made it through the 1st round?

Was it Bristol City about 6 years ago? We won 3-2 then lost to Wolves in 2nd round. We really do have one of the worst records in this competition out of all the Football League.

I would rather have been a non - seeded side in this 1st round draw some much better teams to play!

Flying up to the North West on the 15th September. So I'm disappointed that we have a home game that weekend and Fleetwod away the following weekend. But a great opening game of the season...

UTB!:happy:

Thats a bugger. One of the games I'd have come down for but I'm away. :angry:

And MK Donkeys is a Tuesday night game.....MK Jnr was looking forward to that, but she won't be able to go now.

Same with my two. Northampton away is another I had my eye on for the kids - slated for FA Cup 3rd round day though so hopefully Southend will be otherwise engaged!

Last edited:
Some tough opening fixtures in August / Sept... after last season we really need to get a few points early on.

AugustSat 5 - Blackburn Rovers H
Wed 9 - Newport County (Carabao Cup One)
Sat 12 - Rotherham United A
Sat 19 - Plymouth Argyle H
Wed 23 - Carabao Cup Two
Sat 26 - Gillingham A
SeptemberSat 2 - Rochdale H
Sat 9 - Charlton Athletic A
Tue 12 - Shrewsbury Town A
Sat 16 - Northampton Town H
Wed 20 - Carabao Cup Three
Sat 23 - Fleetwood Town A
Tue 26 - A.F.C. Wimbledon H
Sat 30 - Blackpool H
OctoberSat 7 - Doncaster Rovers A
Sat 14 - Wigan Athletic A
Tue 17 - Peterborough United H
Sat 21 - Bury H
Wed 25 - Carabao Cup Four
Sat 28 - Walsall A
NovemberSat 4 - Emirates FA Cup 1
Sat 11 - Oldham Athletic H
Sat 18 - Portsmouth A
Tue 21 - Milton Keynes Dons A
Sat 25 - Oxford United H
DecemberSat 2 - Emirates FA Cup 2
Sat 9 - Bristol Rovers A
Sat 16 - Bradford City H
Wed 20 - Carabao Cup Five
Sat 23 - Scunthorpe United A
Tue 26 - Charlton Athletic H
Sat 30 Shrewsbury Town H
JanuaryMon 1 - A.F.C. Wimbledon A
Sat 6 - Northampton Town A (FA Cup 3)
Wed 10 - Carabao Cup Semi-Final (1)
Sat 13 - Fleetwood Town H
Sat 20 - Rochdale A
Wed 24 - Carabao Cup Semi-Final (2)
Sat 27 - Scunthorpe United H (FA Cup 4)
FebruarySat 3 - Peterborough United A
Sat 10 - Wigan Athletic H
Tue 13 - Bury A
Sat 17 - Portsmouth H (Emirates FA Cup 5)
Sat 24 - Oldham Athletic A
Sun 25 - Carabao Cup Final
MarchSat 3 - Walsall H
Sat 10 - Doncaster Rovers H
Sat 17 - Blackpool A
Sat 24 - Rotherham United H
Sat 31 - Plymouth Argyle A
AprilMon 2 - Gillingham H
Sat 7 - Blackburn Rovers A
Sat 14 - Oxford United A
Sat 21 - Milton Keynes Dons H (FA Cup SF)
Sat 28 - Bradford City A
MaySat 5 - Bristol Rovers H

Rotherham train tickets purchased, now we just need to sign a team so i have someone to watch!

Think the computer has messed up on these fixtures doesnt it realise we love to sit on the scaffolding at Gillingham during the coldest months of the year. A saturday in August whats that all about.:winking:

Back