• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

Happened quicker than l thought. Didn't Take him long. Barrow maybe?
Gone to Barrow.

Never heard of him so after one season what makes him special? Any other achievements to be aware of?
Halifax has been his first managerial job, if you don't count caretaker roles at Oldham (8 wins from 17 games is decent). Took a side that had consecutive bottom half finishes to finish 6th, 10th and 4th. Wouldn't say that makes him "special", but a considerable achievement.

Gone to Barrow.

Halifax has been his first managerial job, if you don't count caretaker roles at Oldham (8 wins from 17 games is decent). Took a side that had consecutive bottom half finishes to finish 6th, 10th and 4th. Wouldn't say that makes him "special", but a considerable achievement.
Hartlepool were in the hunt for him too apparently.

A Barrow fan claimed on Twitter that they have a top 8 budget. From afar, we'd think that's nonsense but it would make that move a little more understandable. If they do have that budget, wow! No wonder they didn't want to give it to Phil Brown!

Gone to Barrow.

A great appointment for Barrow. They may step in for some NL players now, especially Halifax ones of course. I can see the Shaymen struggling next season unless they get their new managerial appointment spot on. Solihull could be similarly in danger of losing their boss and some key players unless they can get promoted. Very hard to look past Wrexham though, and I definitely hope they go up as we’d struggle to beat them to the title next year with their resources (assuming we‘re in the mix at all of course).

A great appointment for Barrow. They may step in for some NL players now, especially Halifax ones of course. I can see the Shaymen struggling next season unless they get their new managerial appointment spot on. Solihull could be similarly in danger of losing their boss and some key players unless they can get promoted. Very hard to look past Wrexham though, and I definitely hope they go up as we’d struggle to beat them to the title next year with their resources (assuming we‘re in the mix at all of course).

I know of one Club who has an eye on a Solihull Moors player…

The match many thought could have been the play off final but is another eliminator semi is on today between Wrexham and Grimsby. Grimsby have only a smallish ticket allocation, and Wrexham is a reasonable capacity ground.
We absolutely must ensure we gat at least home status next season or tickets will be contentious to say the least.

The match many thought could have been the play off final but is another eliminator semi is on today between Wrexham and Grimsby. Grimsby have only a smallish ticket allocation, and Wrexham is a reasonable capacity ground.
We absolutely must ensure we gat at least home status next season or tickets will be contentious to say the least.
I'd take 7th at the minute, long way to go before we reach that level. Good strides being made though.

Refs had an absolute shocker with that penalty decision but my word what a strike from McAtee! Had one ruled out for offside earlier which was also a cracker. Looks a hell of a player

I’m sure there’ll be a lot of clubs after Joe Sbarra’s signature this summer. Had a great season and been their standout player.
Contract expires this summer, but Solihull have the option to extend. I'd be surprised if they don't take that option.

Good game from what I've been able to see.

A few Grimsby players out there who have contracts expiring soon, including Amos (LB), Clifton (CM/AM), Crocombe (GK), Fox (CM/DM), Holohan (CM), Sousa (AM/Winger), Taylor (ST) and Waterfall (CB).

I know of one Club who has an eye on a Solihull Moors player…
Would assume this could be Harry Boyes who is on loan from…yep Sheffield United!

Andrew Dallas would also be a nice option up top but think his contracted until 2023!

Back