• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

30th of March

Napster

No ⭐
Sorry to get all maudlin, but it's the first anniversary of Keith Gus Summers' passing.

I know his friends have commemorated him in two drunken days out to Notts County (where I was lucky enough to join) and Northampton away.

Anyway, if you're watching up there, Keith, I hope the team has done you proud this season!

smile.gif

If anyone has any memories of Keith- please post them here!

RIP and Up the Shrimpers

What a legend he IS. I was at Northamton as well as Notts County (what a funny train journey Napster), and they were both tremendous days. Both host teams put a little post on why we were there in their programmes, which was fantastic. I think its great that we do celebrate him in a fantastic way.

I do not know if everyone is aware, but before the Lincoln game (h), 10 of us were involved in spreading his ashes behind both goals at the hall, all thanks to the club for allowing us to do this, which was great, as he now rests where he would have wanted to do so, and where else more suitable. He deserves to see the promotion push, just as much as we did, he was a true Shirmper untill the very end. As he died just after the final last year, i say we go to Cardiff this season, and win the trophy for him!!!

The group of lads who do the crowd guess in the spread were infact crazy enough to put our Keith in charge, but only for one season, at which point he passed the responsibility onto me, thanks mate
biggrin.gif

I know that i am honoured to have known him, and to say i was his friend
smile.gif

Would echo these sentiments....Been on both trips as my Dad has organised them and both have been superb days out. RIP Keith - legend

Dave

Hey Dave, i did not know it was you!

Indeed brilliant days, in which u and i have had some amusing train journeys.

I forgot to say well played to Pete for organising both trips, a real tribute
smile.gif

Hello George,

No problems mate. i think he enjoys doing them as much as everyone seems to enjoy going. He is looking a t at Grimsby trip for the crowining of the champions....Will keep you updated.

best wishes

Dave

Back