• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

3rd kit

shrimper4life

Manager
Does anyone know if there will be a 3rd kit this year like the red and white one last year??

i should imagine there will be a third kit as when we play the likes of huddersfield and col ewe away we wont be able to wear our home strip or away strip

wouldnt be suprised if one of the other kit choices (the ones that didnt win the kit poll,red or yellow) was to surface

Or prehaps we aren't gonna bother will a 3rd kit, and instead both sides will have to wear their away kits on such ocassions where there are colour clashes.

One of the women working in the club shop on the opening day said that we will be keeping the red and white one from last year. Make of this what you will, but thats what me and my dad were told when we asked about it....

I like that red one, and it has a good record at Layer road
biggrin.gif

Don't know why you would want to change the third kit as long as it is fairly consistent with the home and away ones.

Am I right in thinking the red kit was released last year or was itthe year before? Certainly would be a massive rip off if they released two in consecutive years.

I like the red third kit, I think we should keep it for another season. Changing both away strips in a year when we have not changed kit sponsor or supplier is unacceptable.

most Premier$hite teams and other teams change their away kits every year and use their previous away kit as a 3rd kit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Aug. 17 2005,21:44)]i should imagine there will be a third kit as when we play the likes of huddersfield and col ewe away we wont be able to wear our home strip or away strip

wouldnt be suprised if one of the other kit choices (the ones that didnt win the kit poll,red or yellow) was to surface
Our away kit has black sleeves so it wouldn't really clash with blue and white stripes. I don't see the need for a 3rd kit this year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 17 2005,21:34)]Am I right in thinking the red kit was released last year or was itthe year before? Certainly would be a massive rip off if they released two in consecutive years.
That massive rip-off has already happened. We've had two third kits in 2 years, both red, one in the style of the GKC/Nike home, and the one last year that was like the LDV shirt.

In fact, the club has released 8 shirts over the past 2 seasons, what with the LDV shirts as well...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Aug. 18 2005,09:23)]Our away kit has black sleeves so it wouldn't really clash with blue and white stripes. I don't see the need for a 3rd kit this year.
Yeah, but a pedantic referee probably will.
We possibly might get away with the white/black away shirt but be made to wear black shorts & socks so as not to clash with Col U.

I think we should adopt the policy of change the home kit every 2 years (kit deal/sponsor changes permitting) & the away every year. Then the previous years away kit can be adopted as the 3rd strip. This is along the lines of what Liverpool do.

Nike (Just Sport) also do a red/white version of our away kit (it's Rotherham's home shirt this year), odds on this being the 3rd kit if we do bring out a new one?

I would have thought the Navy is different enough from col U and Huddersfield, especiall since the latter have light blue stripes.

Anyone notice that Walsall's current away shirt is the same as our home one?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 18 2005,11:09)]Do we not think that the navy cannot be worn in most instances if necessary, especially against Col U?
Didn't Southend not try this in the LDV both years & the referee made Col U wear their away kit & then last year made us wear the red/white?

Their stripes are a fairly dark blue & so will be deemed as a colour clash with our navy. Not so sure about Huddersfield who's stripes are a lighter almost royal blue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 18 2005,11:30)]I would have thought the Navy is different enough from col U and Huddersfield, especiall since the latter have light blue stripes.

Anyone notice that Walsall's current away shirt is the same as our home one?
rock.gif
Not anymore Huddersfield have gone back to a darker blue this year than the shirts they've worn for the past 2/3 years.

Yeah, that might have been quite confusing for Walsall on Sat playing us!

I noticed Rotherham & Walsall also currently don't have an online shop, so presumably they're in the same boat as us re Just Sport.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 18 2005,09:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Aug. 18 2005,09:23)]Our away kit has black sleeves so it wouldn't really clash with blue and white stripes. I don't see the need for a 3rd kit this year.
Yeah, but a pedantic referee probably will.
We possibly might get away with the white/black away shirt but be made to wear black shorts & socks so as not to clash with Col U.

I think we should adopt the policy of change the home kit every 2 years (kit deal/sponsor changes permitting) & the away every year.  Then the previous years away kit can be adopted as the 3rd strip.  This is along the lines of what Liverpool do.

Nike (Just Sport) also do a red/white version of our away kit (it's Rotherham's home shirt this year), odds on this being the 3rd kit if we do bring out a new one?
That is already the current home kit ploicy, althought not for the 3rd shirt. Anyway I doubt our away shirt from last season could be used as the 3rd shirt because didn't the league say we could no longer have two shirts of the same colour? However that doesn't seem to be a problem elsewhere, just look at the new Celtic shirts!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 18 2005,12:18)]However that doesn't seem to be a problem elsewhere, just look at the new Celtic shirts!
Yeah but historically Celtic have always had a green away kit (give or take a few years in the 70s when it was all red & over the past 15 years when they were at the beck & call of Umbro's requirements e.g. the fluorescent yellow/black hoops of 1997).

Anyway, it's the SFA's rules and they're a total joke!

Back