• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

3rd kit

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 18 2005,12:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 18 2005,12:18)]However that doesn't seem to be a problem elsewhere, just look at the new Celtic shirts!
Yeah but historically Celtic have always had a green away kit (give or take a few years in the 70s when it was all red & over the past 15 years when they were at the beck & call of Umbro's requirements e.g. the fluorescent yellow/black hoops of 1997).

Anyway, it's the SFA's rules and they're a total joke!
Scottish football in general is a joke, no offense, but it might as well just be the 4 old firm games, and the team who wins the most gets the league trophy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 18 2005,12:25)]Scottish football in general is a joke, no offense, but it might as well just be the 4 old firm games, and the team who wins the most gets the league trophy.
It is a total joke, you're right and another reason as to why I so fervently support the team from the town of my birth. Anyway, I've only lived here 5 years.

Still, I feel George Burley & a certain Lithuanian businessman may have something to say about your 4 game season comment! It would be great if Hearts won the SPL, only if to prove to the Glasgow based & biased media there are more than Rangers & Celtic in Scottish football.

I was up in Scotland a couple of weeks back, and the back pages of the papers were all about Celtic, Celtic, Celtic and a little bit about Rangers. No mention of any other clubs at all. Although that might have been because Celtic lost 5-0 in the champions league, and had just signed that Japanese guy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 18 2005,12:36)]I was up in Scotland a couple of weeks back, and the back pages of the papers were all about Celtic, Celtic, Celtic and a little bit about Rangers. No mention of any other clubs at all. Although that might have been because Celtic lost 5-0 in the champions league, and had just signed that Japanese guy.
I was raging when I moved up here to find out that The Sun's Goals supplement on Monday only covers Scottish football (with a measly 1 page of English PL reports). Leagues One & Two are lucky if they even list the teams & ratings in the results section.

Who in all honesty wants a detailed report of Peterhead v Brechin City?

Thank F for the Internet!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 18 2005,12:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 18 2005,12:36)]I was up in Scotland a couple of weeks back, and the back pages of the papers were all about Celtic, Celtic, Celtic and a little bit about Rangers. No mention of any other clubs at all. Although that might have been because Celtic lost 5-0 in the champions league, and had just signed that Japanese guy.
I was raging when I moved up here to find out that The Sun's Goals supplement on Monday only covers Scottish football (with a measly 1 page of English PL reports).  Leagues One & Two are lucky if they even list the teams & ratings in the results section.

Gotta admit though the papers are alot cheaper up there than down here, but usually only half the size!

scottish football is nothing more then a shambles. I remember seeing last year that a team in 6th was ranked higher than the team in 7th even though the team in 7th had a higher points total!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ Aug. 19 2005,13:46)]scottish football is nothing more then a shambles. I remember seeing last year that a team in 6th was ranked higher than the team in 7th even though the team in 7th had a higher points total!!
This is because of the shambolic split that the SPL continue to use.  Basically you play everybody else 3 times (e.g. 33 games) & then they split the league into 2 groups of 6 by league position.  Then they play the last 5 league games from this group, therefore a final total of games in the season of 38.  As you said, it can become a joke as the 7th team can end up on more points than say 5th or 6th (but they can only stay 7th as they had 5 easier games & weren't in the top group).

Can we get this back on topic now? I want to know the definitive answer as to whether or not there will be a new 3rd kit or if we are indeed still using the red/white one & if it will be for sale in the new shop!

I'm not too sure about this. I think we should use last seasons red shirt, but at a cheaper rate. Sell off the ones left at a reduced price and make it a limited edition 3rd Kit!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 18 2005,12:25)]Anyway, it's the SFA's rules and they're a total joke!
Scottish football in general is a joke, no offense, but it might as well just be the 4 old firm games, and the team who wins the most gets the league trophy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah - the english Premier$hite isn't going to be won by either Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal
rock.gif
So many different winners in recent years as well!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 18 2005,12:42)]
[b said:
I was raging when I moved up here to find out that The Sun's Goals supplement on Monday only covers Scottish football (with a measly 1 page of English PL reports).  Leagues One & Two are lucky if they even list the teams & ratings in the results section.

Now you know how it feels. Down here you get 1/2 page of SPL, none of the lower leagues.

I would imagine that Peterhead and Brechin fans will want to read it, and any others in their division possibly. Why would anyone want to read about Macclesfield V Rochdale?

Thank F for the internet!!

TFS is right, you know. The only people in Scotland who care about the lower reaches of english footy are invariably students or emigres. Hardly enough to make it worthwhile

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 19 2005,14:40)]TFS is right, you know. The only people in Scotland who care about the lower reaches of english footy are invariably students or emigres. Hardly enough to make it worthwhile
It's a shame though that at least one of the English tabloids isn't available up here. If you're in TFS' position you can at least go out & source a Daily Ranger (I mean Daily Record).

I don't get that luxury unfortunately.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 17 2005,22:20)]can steve clear this one up for us? and if so is the red kit going to be continued to be sold in the club shop ?
no sorry i can't. I presume we will sell it though when it resurfaces. Whilst i'm on here, i can't really comment too much on things like this, as i can get into trouble, i'm not really in a position to say things, so i'm being careful what i put on here,
I'll be as helpful as i can, and i don't mind people PM'ing me some questions, but i got myself into trouble the other week for writing something on here, and should of really thought about it before i posted.

Enjoy the game tommorrow everyone - up the blues!!!!!

DVD is in now for those waiting to snap up their copies £20.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 19 2005,19:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 17 2005,22:20)]can steve clear this one up for us? and if so is the red kit going to be continued to be sold in the club shop ?
no sorry i can't. I presume we will sell it though when it resurfaces. Whilst i'm on here, i can't really comment too much on things like this, as i can get into trouble, i'm not really in a position to say things, so i'm being careful what i put on here,
I'll be as helpful as i can, and i don't mind people PM'ing me some questions, but i got myself into trouble the other week for writing something on here, and should of really thought about it before i posted.

Enjoy the game tommorrow everyone - up the blues!!!!!

DVD is in now for those waiting to snap up their copies £20.
laugh.gif

Smacked arse for Steve!
Did Clare take your trousers down in front of all the customers and make you blush?

wink.gif

I hope it rains on your holiday now chris.

na have a nice hols mate, shame your missing col u haha

It is more satisfying to see Col U beaten at Layer Road! But wiping the smile off any Col U fan's face is always good, no matter where Southend are playing!

Back