• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
I think we can still get Auto but we will have to win the last 4 games and that means we have to beat Torquay which is the toughest game. I feel PS has to really go for this game all guns blazing. Our last 2 home games are very winnable and that would mean beating Oxford away, tough but not impossible.

I can't see us not getting at least play offs now so there is no point playing safe at Torquay.

ATTACK!! ATTACK!! ATTACK!!

The sides that do well in the playoffs are the ones who are in a late run of form and can continue it over. The one I'm most worried about is Crewe who will probably edge in. They're 12 games unbeaten and although we have beaten them twice I think their current form means they have to be favourites. The unthinkable is if we slip up at Oxford and Torquay we could be the ones making way for them.

Finishing 2nd or 3rd is still possible but unlikely, however Sturrock will not go against type and go out "all guns blazing". Martin will be dropped to get Clohessy back in the side with Ferdinand going back into midfield, and sadly that'll mean Timlin stuck out on the left again.

It's in our own hands, if we win them all then there is nothing more we could have done.

It's in our own hands, if we win them all then there is nothing more we could have done.

There is, we could have beaten the likes of Rotherham, Bradford, Daggers & Accrington Stanley at home

I think Torquay will be in the playoffs, seemed knackered in their last game and scraped a flukey draw, for me I'd expect Crawley to bridge that gap and take 3rd but if we win all 4 we've got a chance.

I think Torquay will be in the playoffs, seemed knackered in their last game and scraped a flukey draw, for me I'd expect Crawley to bridge that gap and take 3rd but if we win all 4 we've got a chance.

We have to win all 4 for sure to have a small chance.
I actually think Shrewsbury will make it with their home form alone and that Torquay and Crawley are the two most vulnerable.
If we beat Torquay , then just 3 points behind and they will start to doubt themselves.
Crawley ?
Unfortunately they may just get the boost of the 'New Manager' factor to get them over the line.
Anyway , the small matter of winning all 4 first and then let's see what happens

Even winning the last 4, which would be an improbable 5 straight wins, the most I can see happening is that Crawley will swap places with Torquay, see us finishing 5th still.

In fact I think the top 7 wont change a lot at all, Crewe may possibly edge Oxford out but they still have to play both Torquay (A) & Cheltenham (H).

1. Swindon
2. Shrewsbury
3. Crawley
------------------
4. Torquay
5. Southend
6. Cheltenham
7. Crewe

My heart says yes, but my head can not see us wining 5 on the bounce (inc Wimbledon)

We have had two 5 league match win streaks this season, so I guess anything is possible. But they were back in Sept/Oct/Nov. Since then our longestest winning streak is .................2 !

The sides that do well in the playoffs are the ones who are in a late run of form and can continue it over. The one I'm most worried about is Crewe who will probably edge in. They're 12 games unbeaten and although we have beaten them twice I think their current form means they have to be favourites. The unthinkable is if we slip up at Oxford and Torquay we could be the ones making way for them.

I dont think form for the play offs is that vital, we were not in great form when we messed up automatic promotion under tilly but went on to win the play offs. Crewe could nip in but i went home and away and i am amazed they have found this form, im not worried about facing anyone in the play offs, if and its a big if we nick an auto spot imo torquay will be the one to overhaul, if we beat them on saturday its a lot of pressure shifted onto them, if you believe reports out of there camp they are running on injuries and fumes so who knows. Crawley are dropping points here and there but I have you right on the amount of wins needed from us

There is, we could have beaten the likes of Rotherham, Bradford, Daggers & Accrington Stanley at home
I meant out of these 4 games. They (and we) could quite easily be kicking ourselves over points lost during the season, for what seems to be the umpteenth season it seems to be the inability to hold on for a draw that has cost us most - 13 losses, but out of the next 4 games - as stated in the OP - our destiny is in our own hands.

This is how I see it.......... 3 points against Torquay leaves us 3 points behind them with a Friday night game against Barnet. 3 points against them would take us above them on goal difference before their game Saturday game away to AFC Wimbledon.....

I know there's alot of "ifs" in this but it's not an unrealistic situation. We have have to start on Saturday but lets make Torquay experience the "squeeky bum" scenerio on 21st April. Psychologically it would be a good test for them....

This is how I see it.......... 3 points against Torquay leaves us 3 points behind them with a Friday night game against Barnet. 3 points against them would take us above them on goal difference before their game Saturday game away to AFC Wimbledon.....

I know there's alot of "ifs" in this but it's not an unrealistic situation. We have have to start on Saturday but lets make Torquay experience the "squeeky bum" scenerio on 21st April. Psychologically it would be a good test for them....

You're forgetting that despite this Crawley and Shrewsbury have ridiculously easy run-ins and are already ahead of us with a game in hand. We're heading for a 4th or 5th placed finish......

For them to stay ahead of us Torquay need to avoid defeat. Stating the obvious I know but this may just prey on their mind, particularly if we score first. Then who knows.

Realistically going on own form lately we will lose probably 2 or 3 to 0 and all of our speculation will go out of the window. Now is the time to prove this wrong and go and play them of the park.

If, just if we win on Saturday I really believe we are still in the mix for auto promotion, even though it looks an easier run in for both Crawley and Shrewsbury with most of their games being at home.

It is not over till the Fat Lady sings says our Manager. Now is the time for the players to start to believe!!

UTB

Finishing 2nd or 3rd is still possible but unlikely, however Sturrock will not go against type and go out "all guns blazing". Martin will be dropped to get Clohessy back in the side with Ferdinand going back into midfield, and sadly that'll mean Timlin stuck out on the left again.

Simple solution - put Hall back on the left hand side (he's hardly been tearing it up down the right recently) leaving Timlin in the middle with Grant, and continue to play Mohsni wide on the right. Importantly that allows us to play Harris up top with Eastwood which I believe (and I suspect from his body language Freddy would agree) is our best option.

You incorporate the quality delivery of Hall, the attacking and defensive qualities that Mohsni can bring to the party, play your supposed playmaker Timlin in his undoubtedly best position as well as give Freddy the best chance to fire us to promotion. If that isn't the offensive line up on Saturday I would want to know why.

Personally, sadly, I'll be a bit relieved when Saturday is over.............at least, without a victory, it will be the end of dream time, which I believe 'automatics' to be. I can.........at a push.......believe in the possibility of us overhauling Torquay but, EVEN WITH A VERY UNLIKELY FOUR WINS, I just don't see either Crawley or Shrewsbury slipping up. Play-offs for us.....CERT, which will, at least, provide some end of season excitement.

Not a chance of us winning all 4 after being so average since December. Add into that the fact that the run ins for the others are very easy- Hereford, Wimbledon and Dagenham feature heavily. Play offs it is, just need to work out the best formation and get the likes of Freddy and Hall in tip top shape.

2 home wins against Barnet and Macclesfield and two away defeats at Torquay and Oxford.You heard it hear first.:winking:
That should leave us comfortably in 4/5th place but it won't be good enough for automatic promtion.Play offs it is tnen.

Personally, sadly, I'll be a bit relieved when Saturday is over.............at least, without a victory, it will be the end of dream time, which I believe 'automatics' to be. I can.........at a push.......believe in the possibility of us overhauling Torquay but, EVEN WITH A VERY UNLIKELY FOUR WINS, I just don't see either Crawley or Shrewsbury slipping up. Play-offs for us.....CERT, which will, at least, provide some end of season excrement.

Accurate editing.

Back