• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Che's Left Foot

an Australian chap
I've blatantly nicked this from another forum, and there's no link from there to the official 442 site, so this is probably totally made up b****x. Anyways, it makes for interesting reading...

1. Jason Koumas
2. Dave Nugent
3. Gareth Bale
4. Gary McSheffrey
5. Diomansy Kamara
6. Curtis Davis
7. Gzegorz Rasiak
8. Michael Chopra
9. Rob Earnshaw
10. Giles Barnes
11. Freddy Eastwood
12. Steve Howard
13. Seb Larsson
14. Billy Sharp
15. Jamie Cureton
16. Matt Murray
17. Graham Alexander
18. Paul McKenna
19. Carlos Edwards
20. Chris Iwelumo
21. Kevin Phillips
22. Dean Lea****
23. Lee Cook
24. Rowan Vine
25. Chris Brunt
26. David Norris
27. Brian Howard
28. Bo Myhill
29. Chris Porter
30. David Healy
31. Nathan Tyson
32. Joe Ledley
33. Andy Keogh
34. Kem Izzet
35. Tom Soares
36. Izale McLeod
37. Richie Wellens
38. Luke Varney
39. Dean Whitehead
40. Lee Trundle
41. Danny Higginbottom
42. Joe Murphy
43. Alan Lee
44. Louis Carey
45. Jermaine Easter
46. Kris Commons
47. Dimitrios Konstantopoulos
48. Leo Constantine
49. Ian Roper
50. Jamie Forrester

Nicked from: http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=112697

Am i right in thinking our freddy didn't even make the top 50 last year??

varney and soares are low in my opinion. and also sunderland fans are worshiping carlos edwards so maybe he should be higher

48. Leo Constantine

:shocking: - blast! where are the smileys??

Leo....Leo....Leo

As you say Hove S , totally made up B*******x. It is complete garbage - no Maher no Flavs, and worse someone's probably going to start a thread asking why we let Constantine and Forrester go now .

Flahavan is not in the top 50 players in the football league.

Henderson of Leicester, Turner at Sheff Wed (albeit on loan) and Kiraly are only the latest goalkeepers to have looked more impressive than him.

Mind you, there's no way Constantine is in the top 50 either. To think people are complaining about Freddy's work-rate and desire!

Flahavan is not in the top 50 players in the football league.

Henderson of Leicester, Turner at Sheff Wed (albeit on loan) and Kiraly are only the latest goalkeepers to have looked more impressive than him.

Mind you, there's no way Constantine is in the top 50 either. To think people are complaining about Freddy's work-rate and desire!

Talking of Constantine's work rate (or rather lack of it) did anyone else hear the phone in on Radio Stoke the other week when a Port Vale fan came on saying that after lambasting Connie after the final whistle at their match at Orient , Connie duly leapt into the crowd ,grabbed the guy and threatened him ?

Actually, this list did appear in a recent FourFourTwo... either the Jan or Feb edition and had some nice little write-ups on the players if I recall. I'll dig it up tonight and have a check.

Yeah, they do one of these every year. Lockwood was in it last year; no sign of him this time around though, despite his 10 goals from left back.

thats a load of rubbish, chris iwelumo higher than kevin philips lmfao and if eastwoods that high flavs should be number 1

Last edited:
Like how the Derby defender previously of Fulham gets censored :hilarious:

From what I recall, these are put together by every manager across the three divisions giving a top five.

Chris Iwulemo goals - 15
Kevin Phillips goals - 11

Sorry, but Iwulemo has done well for them this year.

so if you go along those lines, through number of goals why is eastwood higher than both of them when he has done very little this season where as flavs is not even up there and he is our best player season by a long shot

so if you go along those lines, through number of goals why is eastwood higher than both of them when he has done very little this season where as flavs is not even up there and he is our best player season by a long shot

These are very bold statements considering that they're only your opinion. If Eastwood has done nothing then I dread to think how badly you think most of the rest of our players have done.

Eastwood is by far our best player. And that isn't a slight against Flavs or anyone. They just aren't as good as he is.

Back