• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

57 games this season?

Whether it is the highest number of games in one season for us, Pettefer must surely have won the 'most games played for Southend in a season' award.

He's also achieved the feat playing the whole time out of position. Just goes to show how much we need a winger for next year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ May 23 2005,13:40)]Whether it is the highest number of games in one season for us, Pettefer must surely have won the 'most games played for Southend in a season' award.
Indeed, I told him that on Saturday... he looked quite surprised!

laugh.gif

... Only because that's his only facial expression!
biggrin.gif

I remember the comedy moment when, at half-time during the last game of last season, he was proudly announced on the PA system as the first player to sign for the next season, then he comes onto the pitch on crutches!

Torquay fans must have ****ed themselves, signing an Ex-Exter player on crutches.

But we get the last laugh...

We played 59 games last year - 46 League, 5 FA Cup (inc 2 replays) 1 League Cup and 7 LDV Vans Trophy.

116 games in two seasons though - quite something!

I feel the last two seasons have further underlined my many posts that suggested to be a bone fide promotion challenger we needed to add to the squad. If we had earlier we may well have sewn it up. 57 games is too much for a scant squad in the hope for consistency. It has to be remembered that despite how small our squad was it was further reduced by the number of players who never got a look in. Kightly, corbett, Husbands, Smith et al. LDV glory is all well and good but maybe with the experience of last season the gaffer should have played the kids in that competition and kept the seniors fresh for the league. I know it has probably generted revenue but at what cost? Still, alls well that ends well, and we ARE going up!!!
wink.gif

Unless my maths is wrong, I think it's actually 58 games this season:

46 league
3 play-off
1 league cup
1 FA Cup
7 LDV

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 23 2005,14:11)]Unless my maths is wrong, I think it's actually 58 games this season:

46 league
3 play-off
1 league cup
1 FA Cup
7 LDV
We haven't played the 58th game yet...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 23 2005,14:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 23 2005,14:11)]Unless my maths is wrong, I think it's actually 58 games this season:

46 league
3 play-off
1 league cup
1 FA Cup
7 LDV
We haven't played the 58th game yet...

wink.gif
Baring a nuclear war I think we can safely say it will be 58 games this season.
wink.gif

(Hope that hasn't tempted fate - don't fancy a nuclear war too much
biggrin.gif
)

Back