• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was surprised but extremely pleased to see we took 700 to Preston on Monday. After the previous two games, a very, very long journey and on a Bank Holiday I think it proves how far our fan-base has come in the last two years.

At Ipswich one of the home fans was over-heard to say we were the best supported club they'd had there this season - especially considering our position.

Let's give ourselves a pat on the back, dust ourselves down and get ready for a massive final push for the end of what will go down in history as a huge year in the progression Southend United Football Club.

Good Question - I put some comments on this on another thread earlier today

This game is going to be absolutely vital and whilst I know its a big ask it would be absolutely wonderful to take a big contingent to cheer the Blues - on to victory

Does anyone know what is the biggest away attendance at Plymouth this season ? - Prob Cardiff or Southampton I suppose . We have a possible allocation of 1900 .

Lets face it after this one - bearing in mind Southampton is sold out - this is the last one to fork out for for three months

Good Question - I put some comments on this on another thread earlier today

This game is going to be absolutely vital and whilst I know its a big ask it would be absolutely wonderful to take a big contingent to cheer the Blues - on to victory

Does anyone know what is the biggest away attendance at Plymouth this season ? - Prob Cardiff or Southampton I suppose . We have a possible allocation of 1900 .

Lets face it after this one - bearing in mind Southampton is sold out - this is the last one to fork out for for three months

I think Wolves have took the most to Plymouth this season with 1759 that was on the opening day of the season

Great to see such a big backing from our fans after 2 dire performances! They showed one thing that day that they hadn't before. Guts. Anyway 700 is a nice amount.

I reckon we will take at least 1500 to Plymouth!

At Ipswich one of the home fans was over-heard to say we were the best supported club they'd had there this season - especially considering our position.

My Ipswich supporting mates said after the game (& at HT) that considering the number of us, we were surprisingly quiet, although I detected an element of sour-grapes in that comment. I thought we were really loud that day, best Southend atmosphere at Ipswich I've been in since since Portman Road went all-seater!

Everybody who went to Deepdale on Monday was a credit to SUFC, I think I only heard one negative individual comment the whole afternoon, although I have to say I didn't approve of the "we're **** & we're beating you chant".........

If my Mrs wouldn't file for divorce I'd be defintely wanting to get down to Plymouth a week on Saturday, despite the cost, the distance & the hassle.

My Ipswich supporting mates said after the game (& at HT) that considering the number of us, we were surprisingly quiet, although I detected an element of sour-grapes in that comment. I thought we were really loud that day, best Southend atmosphere at Ipswich I've been in since since Portman Road went all-seater!

Everybody who went to Deepdale on Monday was a credit to SUFC, I think I only heard one negative individual comment the whole afternoon, although I have to say I didn't approve of the "we're **** & we're beating you chant".........

If my Mrs wouldn't file for divorce I'd be defintely wanting to get down to Plymouth a week on Saturday, despite the cost, the distance & the hassle.

Sounds like a ' Darling , I've been thinking isn't it time we had a weekend away , y'no just the two of us - maybe a spring break in the west country, quaint little hotel by the sea ' line is called for - Cheaper than a divorce

and she'll reply

'who are Southend playing next weekend then ??!' (if she's anything like my missus).

Go on - you've got 3 months to pay off the credit card!

[/B]

Sounds like a ' Darling , I've been thinking isn't it time we had a weekend away , y'no just the two of us - maybe a spring break in the west country, quaint little hotel by the sea ' line is called for - Cheaper than a divorce

and she'll reply

'who are Southend playing next weekend then ??!' (if she's anything like my missus).

Go on - you've got 3 months to pay off the credit card!

Nope, alas she is now too savvy for that one.
Guess that's what motherhood does for :(

Last edited:

Admittedly it was someone in the block directly next to us but he had quite a chat with a steward (obviously a regular), shaking his head and disbelieving at his team's performance then said pointing in our direction: "As for this lot, ****ing ubelievable considering where they are in the league! Noisiest we've had here this season..." I felt like shaking his hand and telling him everything would turn out ok!

Back