• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The 550 square miles of land they 'own' would be quite handy for affordable housing...

People don't want to live in Scotland though which is where most of it is.

Anyway, no bank holiday no interest.

London Blue - It looks as if this thread is going to suffer a similar fate to the one you started on a new song for Southend Matches a while ago. Started off with very good intentions and then bosh....................

The 550 square miles of land they 'own' would be quite handy for affordable housing...

We own it all really, their just well spoilt caretakers. I mean not as if they can sell it and live in a mobile home on Kings club is it.

London Blue - It looks as if this thread is going to suffer a similar fate to the one you started on a new song for Southend Matches a while ago. Started off with very good intentions and then bosh....................

I hope to see the great lady make history and long may this country have a monarchy. I would rather see Royals living like Royals than a Republic President living like a royal.

We tend not to see eye to eye but that was the best snide reference to another posters posting ever. Good work. Unless that was a crazy coincidence.......

No it was no coincidence. I was going to add 'and have two cruises a year ' but I realised they have more than that on the royal yacht.

For what its worth I think they more than earn their keep... tourism, trade etc.

By the way there is an old couple on Kings club who have complained that the mobile homes should always be erected in a 4-4-2 formation, there is no tea bar and none of the gardeners are young hungry or pacey.

Just to give an update on that. I emailed SK. He's put it to the Trust...

Back on subject (given how this has digressed), I actually have some sympathy for most of the royals. Personally I wouldn't want to be born into such an institution. I personally wouldn't want every single move I make scrutinised by the media, whilst every achievement I make in life (i.e. passing exams, going to university) to count for nothing in the long run. I would find it very difficult to motivate myself if I know it doesn't actually matter. I'd be constantly thinking "what's the point?"

Given that, I'm actually quite impressed with Will for taking not just a job, but a very demanding job. When he first started to train as a helicopter pilot I honestly thought he only got in because of who he is, and that he would leave the course a failure, because learning to fly a helicopter is far harder than learning to fly an aeroplane and I didn't believe he had it in him. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Even when he qualified as an army pilot I still thought they only passed him because of who he is, and that he wouldn't be allowed to really fly for them. I couldn't have been more wrong.

He's now an air ambulance pilot, and I am extremely sure he wouldn't be doing that if he wasn't and extremely good pilot. So fair play to him. He's done well when he could have thought there's no point because it doesn't matter one jot in the long run.

Last edited:
If I can drive a car with my knee whilst putting my seat belt on and sending a text I am sure I can fly a helicopter.

I hope to see the great lady make history and long may this country have a monarchy. I would rather see Royals living like Royals than a Republic President living like a royal.
I'd rather neither lived that way but are you saying you would rather see somebody given status and fortune by virtue of being born into the right family than someone elected by the public?

I'd rather neither lived that way but are you saying you would rather see somebody given status and fortune by virtue of being born into the right family than someone elected by the public?

To be honest I'm more bothered that we can't vote for who sits in the House of Lords that some gurning imbecile (not her Maj) who gets to shake hands with foreign nobodies.

To be honest I'm more bothered that we can't vote for who sits in the House of Lords that some gurning imbecile (not her Maj) who gets to shake hands with foreign nobodies.

I'm of the same opinion. My post was directly in response to GHG though

Back