• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A game against.....

Butterfly wing theory....

The draw happened because everything that happened did so in that order.

If we had beaten Barnsley the bloke who put his hand in to grab the ball may have heard our result and thought thats a shock and spent 0.5 seconds thinking of it.

That 0.5 second would have meant his hand in the bucket would have been in a different place completely and the whole draw would have been different.

In fairness onthe basis of form and our performance we never really expected to knock Barnsley out and the best we could have hoped for was a replay....

If we had beaten Barnsley the bloke who put his hand in to grab the ball may have heard our result and thought thats a shock and spent 0.5 seconds thinking of it.

That 0.5 second would have meant his hand in the bucket would have been in a different place completely and the whole draw would have been different.

An advocate of chaos theory then J_M? :p

The game ive been waiting for all my ****ing life. Damn you jcr

if you had been watching from the East Stand you would ,like me, be damning Flavs in goal , not JCR. Did Flavs think he was doing Irish dancing and thought he had to keep his hands by his side ?????

In fairness we never really expected to knock Barnsley out and the best we could have hoped for was a replay....

BANG ON!!!!

Gutted , never been to anfield and my pal who's a Arsenal fan reckons its the best Ground bar none , and a atmosphere that has the hair on the back of your neck stand up ...............o well , i'm sure the players too will be gutted , might make them reflect on what could have been if maybe shown a bit of extra quailty Friday night.

Gutted , never been to anfield and my pal who's a Arsenal fan reckons its the best Ground bar none , and a atmosphere that has the hair on the back of your neck stand up ...............

It most certainly wasn't when I went to the Carling Cup semi v Watford a couple of years back. It was eerily silent, spent most of the 2nd half chanting "Anfield is a Public Library"

It most certainly wasn't when I went to the Carling Cup semi v Watford a couple of years back. It was eerily silent, spent most of the 2nd half chanting "Anfield is a Public Library"

There was quite a lot of loud whingeing from the Anfield fans during the live game last Monday.... ;)

In fairness onthe basis of form and our performance we never really expected to knock Barnsley out and the best we could have hoped for was a replay....

Exactly right JM. There is no way of knowing what the draw would have been had the result on Friday been different, but to bewail this supposed loss of a big tie is nonsense. The draw, even with the same number ball, would have been different, and this thread is full of pointless angst.

So we would have been drawn away to Liverpool? Says who? Fate says differently!?!?!? :confused:

If our name had been in the hat and not Barnsley's then the draw could have been completely different?!?! :confused:

Its the same as having all the lottery numbers but forgetting to buy your ticket. If you had bought your ticket whose to the say that the numbers drawn would have been the same!??!?! :confused:

Hehehehehe......

- G

No, it would have been Liverpool away, and we'd given them a game and a half, more than H&W I tells ya.... a Matt Harrold goal in the 91st minute secures us a famous 5-4 victory and a bye to the final where we'd play the Brazil team from 1970 in JUST OUR PANTS AND VESTS.

Is it Friday yet?

No, it would have been Liverpool away, and we'd given them a game and a half, more than H&W I tells ya.... a Matt Harrold goal in the 91st minute secures us a famous 5-4 victory and a bye to the final where we'd play the Brazil team from 1970 in JUST OUR PANTS AND VESTS.

Is it Friday yet?

Good Grief! Don't you have posts to make in the pub, MK?

:thump:

Gutted , never been to anfield and my pal who's a Arsenal fan reckons its the best Ground bar none , and a atmosphere that has the hair on the back of your neck stand up ...............o well , i'm sure the players too will be gutted , might make them reflect on what could have been if maybe shown a bit of extra quailty Friday night.

You had me excited there until I finished your sentence.

I've been to Anfield, as I went for an England game. Didn't seem all that much, although seeing Sir Chrissy Powell pull on an England shirt was special.

I saw us play there in the 3rd round replay in 1979. Lost 3-0 after Derek Parker had a one on one with Ray Clemence, and cocked it up as he did in the first game, when the score was 0-0.

Back