• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
1. How many play-off clean sheets have Southend kept?

2. Name every Southend player (i.e. were playing for us at the time) to have scored a play-off goal during normal time?

3. Barry Corr is the first player to score double figures in consecutive seasons since who?

4. Whilst Dan Bentley was a big success in goal, youth team products between them made only a single league start in an outfield position. When was the last season prior to this that a youth team product failed to score a goal for us?

5. Despite that stat 17 different players scored league goals for us this year. When was the last time more different players scored in a league season?

6. 17 players may have found the net, but we only scored 56 goals this season. Who top-scored the last time we scored fewer goals in a season and weren't relegated?

7. Jakub Sokolik was our best on-loan centre-half since Dorian Dervite but who kept more clean sheets during their loan spells?

8. Paul Sturrock famously inherited a squad with only 3 first team players. How many more more signings (transfers and loans) did Sturrock make in his first season than Brown?

9. Since the start of the 2011/12 season who has scored more goals: Freddy Eastwood or Mark Phillips?

10. Other than Freddy Eastwood, who in the current squad has made the most starts for the club?

ps If you wrap a spoiler tag around your answers you'll avoid spoiling it for others.

[ spoiler ] without the spaces [/ spoiler ]

Spoiler:  
apologies if any answers wrong

It's a good quiz Matt - I've been mulling over some of the questions!

Ok, this looks good. I genuinely don't have a clue on some of these so they will be guesses. I'm not going down the spoiler route, so maybe YB can just say how many are correct without giving details of what they are.

1 - 4

2 - Eastwood, Bailey, Harris, Barker.

3 - Freddy.

4 - If you mean our Youth team, then last season (Assombalonga was a youth loan)

5 - Sturrocks first season? 2010-11?

6 - Was it Constantine? I remember him scoring what seemed like nearly all our goals, whenever that was.

7 - I'll say Sokolik

8 - Not many I'll bet. 5?

9 - Phillips

10 - Phillips again

I'm quite sure on 1 and 2 but the rest are educated guesses mainly. Nice job YB, got the grey matter working at lunchtime!

Ok, this looks good. I genuinely don't have a clue on some of these so they will be guesses. I'm not going down the spoiler route, so maybe YB can just say how many are correct without giving details of what they are.

1 - 4

2 - Eastwood, Bailey, Harris, Barker.

3 - Freddy.

4 - If you mean our Youth team, then last season (Assombalonga was a youth loan)

5 - Sturrocks first season? 2010-11?

6 - Was it Constantine? I remember him scoring what seemed like nearly all our goals, whenever that was.

7 - I'll say Sokolik

8 - Not many I'll bet. 5?

9 - Phillips

10 - Phillips again

I'm quite sure on 1 and 2 but the rest are educated guesses mainly. Nice job YB, got the grey matter working at lunchtime!

3 out of 10

Spoiler:  

1 - 3
2 - Eastwood, Bailey, Harris, Barker
3 - Just league goals? Lee Barnard. If all comps, I think it's Ryan Hall.
4 - Last season
5 - 2005/06
6 - Constantine
7 - Sokolik
8 - 7
9 - Phillips
10 - Corr

1) Barry Corr
2) Barry Corr
3) Barry Corr
4) Barry Corr
5) Barry Corr
6) Barry Corr
7) Barry Corr
8) Barry Corr
9) Barry Corr
10) Barry Corr

1. 3
2.Harris and Barker - thinking Dudfield maybe
3. massive guess here but Barnard?
4.Don't know - Tilson's last season perhaps (everything else went belly up)
5.More guesses - 2009/10
6.with fbm here and saying Constantine
7.Sokolik
8.Sturrock signed more players than any manager I've every known over his time here - how about 7?
9.Phillips
10.is it Timlin?

1. How many play-off clean sheets have Southend kept? 4

2. Name every Southend player (i.e. were playing for us at the time) to have scored a play-off goal during normal time? Freddy Eastwood, Nicky Bailey, Chris Barker

3. Barry Corr is the first player to score double figures in consecutive seasons since who? Lee Barnard?

4. Whilst Dan Bentley was a big success in goal, youth team products between them made only a single league start in an outfield position. When was the last season prior to this that a youth team product failed to score a goal for us? Can't think of any youth products scoring last season

5. Despite that stat 17 different players scored league goals for us this year. When was the last time more different players scored in a league season? Wild guess - 07/08

6. 17 players may have found the net, but we only scored 56 goals this season. Who top-scored the last time we scored fewer goals in a season and weren't relegated? I'll go with the others and say Constantine

7. Jakub Sokolik was our best on-loan centre-half since Dorian Dervite but who kept more clean sheets during their loan spells? Dervite was here longer so I'll go for him

8. Paul Sturrock famously inherited a squad with only 3 first team players. How many more more signings (transfers and loans) did Sturrock make in his first season than Brown? Brown's made a fair few loan signings this season so I'll guess 8.

9. Since the start of the 2011/12 season who has scored more goals: Freddy Eastwood or Mark Phillips? Phillips

10. Other than Freddy Eastwood, who in the current squad has made the most starts for the club? Timlin

1. How many play-off clean sheets have Southend kept? I think most of you have got this one now

2. Name every Southend player (i.e. were playing for us at the time) to have scored a play-off goal during normal time? We're still missing a name

3. Barry Corr is the first player to score double figures in consecutive seasons since who?
  Spoiler:  
Was Barney

4. Whilst Dan Bentley was a big success in goal, youth team products between them made only a single league start in an outfield position. When was the last season prior to this that a youth team product failed to score a goal for us? It's not last season as Kane Ferdinand scored at Northampton

5. Despite that stat 17 different players scored league goals for us this year. When was the last time more different players scored in a league season? Don't think anybody has this yet

6. 17 players may have found the net, but we only scored 56 goals this season. Who top-scored the last time we scored fewer goals in a season and weren't relegated?
  Spoiler:  
Most of you have got Constantine

7. Jakub Sokolik was our best on-loan centre-half since Dorian Dervite but who kept more clean sheets during their loan spells?
  Spoiler:  
Dervite played something like 18 games to Sokolik's 10, but kept only one more clean sheet (8) than Sokolik (7 and counting). Hopefully Sokolik will beat this against Burton!

8. Paul Sturrock famously inherited a squad with only 3 first team players. How many more more signings (transfers and loans) did Sturrock make in his first season than Brown? Nobody has this yet, although some of you have been closer than others

9. Since the start of the 2011/12 season who has scored more goals: Freddy Eastwood or Mark Phillips?
  Spoiler:  
Most of you have got that this is incredibly Phillips

10. Other than Freddy Eastwood, who in the current squad has made the most starts for the club?
  Spoiler:  
It is indeed Timlin, despite not signing permanently until Sturrock's second season, having a spell in prison and breaking his leg

2. Name every Southend player (i.e. were playing for us at the time) to have scored a play-off goal during normal time? Eastwood (not Nicolau, he was the one fouled), Bailey, Harris, Barker

4. Whilst Dan Bentley was a big success in goal, youth team products between them made only a single league start in an outfield position. When was the last season prior to this that a youth team product failed to score a goal for us? 2007-2008

2. Name every Southend player (i.e. were playing for us at the time) to have scored a play-off goal during normal time? Eastwood (not Nicolau, he was the one fouled), Bailey, Harris, Barker

There's a fifth name....

4. Whilst Dan Bentley was a big success in goal, youth team products between them made only a single league start in an outfield position. When was the last season prior to this that a youth team product failed to score a goal for us? 2007-2008

Yep

Back