• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A musical challenge!

Specials - Ghost Town
ELO - Mr Blue Sky
Queen - We Will Rock You so far

Last edited:
good effort... it's fantastically well put together!

oh and stick some numbers next to the ones we haven't got yet so we can keep count

4. queen- we will rock you
5. grandmaster flash- the message
6. beastie boys- body movin'
7. fine young cannibals- she drives me crazy
8. david bowie- heroes
9. eurythmics- something good
10. (i think) afrika bambaata- planet rock
11. herbie hancock- rockit
12. michael jackson- smooth criminal
13. new young pony club- ice cream
14. basement jaxx- where's your head at
15. kraftwerk- the model
16. hot chip- ready for the floor
17. madonna- music
18. 808 state- pacific state
19. the clash- london calling
20. polyphonic spree- reach for the stars (is that the title?)
21. mercury rev- the dark is rising

Last edited:
nice one loz... forget about the numbers to be honest, i'll tot them up later

That instrumental on the back of the Specials is bugging me, can't think what it is,

Picked these out also
Naruto - I'm Close to the Edge
? - Bodymovin'
There's a cop show there but couldn't remember which (S&H?)
Bowie - Heroes
Eurythmics - There must be an Angel
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Kraftwerk - She's a Model
Paul Hardcastle - 19
Madonna - Hey Mr DJ
Foreigner - Cold as Ice
Lemon Jelly - All the Ducks are Swimming in the Water
Clash - London Calling

I'll let you sort some numbers out! Some of those were put up while I was listening and writing!

That instrumental on the back of the Specials is bugging me, can't think what it is,

Eurythmics - There must be an Angel

ahh good shout- i thought it was 'Something Good' but I think you might be right, will go back and check. EDIT- still not sure.

Iggy Pop- Lust for Life (drums behind 'Body Movin')
Mr Oizo- Flat Beat (behind 'Music')

Last edited:
underneath 'ghostdown' there's a bassline i know but can't place, then there's another fragment a song i recognise that goes 'oh yeah, oh yeah'.

but definately Pulp - Sorted for E's & Whizz ("when you come down") just before elo.

underneath 'ghostdown' there's a bassline i know but can't place, then there's another fragment a song i recognise that goes 'oh yeah, oh yeah'.

but definately Pulp - Sorted for E's & Whizz ("when you come down") just before elo.

yeah i can't get a hook on that little bassline

definitely spiritualized off "ladies and gentlemen" but can't remember which song... i haven't got the album on me

Fairly sure it is, it's the distinctive opening.

they both have quite similar vocal melodies though, and it cuts just before the point where 'Angel' would drop so it's hard to tell.

EDIT: I think i'm being an idiot and getting it mixed up with something. you're probably right.

Back